T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The Note 7 is still the flagship phone.
Unless you want to wait a year for the new big releases then well see.
I'm really enjoying this phone my only gripe is its a bit heavy.
Great upgrade from my note 4 will never go back to apple like to customize my phone to much.

I watched some brief clips of the V20. I don't see an IR blaster on it. Looks like they too took it away. Hard to see the screen quality, but it doesn't look nearly as good as the Note 7 or S7. Audio I'm sure it blows the S series away but that is only one aspect. Overall looks like a decent phone still but I'd rather wait for the Note 7 if Iphone doesn't turn me on. If the new Iphone had comparable specs to Note 7 I'd give it a look maybe, but as usual will likely be underwhelming.

I hope this Friday they get new Notes in. For us exchanging do you think each store will get an appropriate number of Notes or will they ration them like on release date? I have to work Monday and Tuesday so I wouldn't be able to get up there until night or Wed then. I don't want to be SOL and end up having to return it, wait for fund on card then reorder it.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I watched some brief clips of the V20. I don't see an IR blaster on it. Looks like they too took it away. Hard to see the screen quality, but it doesn't look nearly as good as the Note 7 or S7. Audio I'm sure it blows the S series away but that is only one aspect. Overall looks like a decent phone still but I'd rather wait for the Note 7 if Iphone doesn't turn me on. If the new Iphone had comparable specs to Note 7 I'd give it a look maybe, but as usual will likely be underwhelming.

I hope this Friday they get new Notes in. For us exchanging do you think each store will get an appropriate number of Notes or will they ration them like on release date? I have to work Monday and Tuesday so I wouldn't be able to get up there until night or Wed then. I don't want to be SOL and end up having to return it, wait for fund on card then reorder it.
Best guess is each store gets replacement devices equal to the number they sold plus some if they are going to allow/make online and phone orders go to the store.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Best guess is each store gets replacement devices equal to the number they sold plus some if they are going to allow/make online and phone orders go to the store.

I hope they get more than a few extra. Pre-orders were huge and a large portion were done online.

I seriously doubt that we will see replacement devices in stores this week. I was told today that I could get something else to use and return it when they do arrive. They had no idea when they were going to get them so I may just grab an On5 or J7 cheapo to tide me over.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I think I got lucky or something but I have literally had no issues whatsoever with my Note 7. Like, zero. It's actually the coolest running Android i've ever owned. I didn't get my Note until a day before the recall so idk maybe I missed the boat on the bad ones, but, yeah...my phone charges and never gets hot the least bit. I have it sitting in the Gear VR for a half hour at a time usually and it doesn't get any hotter than it normally runs...which isn't hot.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I hope they get more than a few extra. Pre-orders were huge and a large portion were done online.

I seriously doubt that we will see replacement devices in stores this week. I was told today that I could get something else to use and return it when they do arrive. They had no idea when they were going to get them so I may just grab an On5 or J7 cheapo to tide me over.

True. I wonder though how many simply got refunds and will wait or comeback later. Stores like the one closest to me tried persuading me to refund the device as soon as possible.

ajhallx

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I think I got lucky or something but I have literally had no issues whatsoever with my Note 7. Like, zero. It's actually the coolest running Android i've ever owned. I didn't get my Note until a day before the recall so idk maybe I missed the boat on the bad ones, but, yeah...my phone charges and never gets hot the least bit. I have it sitting in the Gear VR for a half hour at a time usually and it doesn't get any hotter than it normally runs...which isn't hot.

Thats Awesome I haven't had any over heating issue Just working right issue lol ... its hates to type what i press and it lags very bad from day one .. my wifes is perfect !! as well and we got ours on the 18th of August

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Probably so they could get the sale later instead of just being the middle man in an exchange.

That is what I was suspecting too lol. Probably hoping I come in and buy a $900 Iphone 7 plus on release day or something. Then when you go to the store to do even exchange make you wait forever and crappy service when they see you're not spending any cash. Do you think they would let me take it home with the box still sealed up? Only issue would be if something is wrong with the replacement like crack in the screen, missing phone etc. then you're screwed and the store would blame you for it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That is what I was suspecting too lol. Probably hoping I come in and buy a $900 Iphone 7 plus on release day or something. Then when you go to the store to do even exchange make you wait forever and crappy service when they see you're not spending any cash. Do you think they would let me take it home with the box still sealed up? Only issue would be if something is wrong with the replacement like crack in the screen, missing phone etc. then you're screwed and the store would blame you for it.

Every time I bought a phone I just look at it in store and leave. They don't touch my phone if I don't want them to.

menist

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I have a question about T-Mobile. If I cancel their service, how long will it take for it to deactivate? I'm still within 10 days of a new activation.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
My Note 7 had been working perfectly up until yesterday. It's not getting hot or anything but the Bluetooth icon has been blinking at a fast rate off and on and my mobile data won't come back on if I go into a low signal area and it loses the connection. It doesn't matter if I toggle airplane mode or data on and off it just won't come back on so I have to restart the phone to be able to get a data connection again. I'm just waiting to swap it out for the new Note 7 replacement when they come out but I will likely go ahead and hand off the phone to my daughter already as my S7 Active has proven to be top notch.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My Note 7 had been working perfectly up until yesterday. It's not getting hot or anything but the Bluetooth icon has been blinking at a fast rate off and on and my mobile data won't come back on if I go into a low signal area and it loses the connection. It doesn't matter if I toggle airplane mode or data on and off it just won't come back on so I have to restart the phone to be able to get a data connection again. I'm just waiting to swap it out for the new Note 7 replacement when they come out but I will likely go ahead and hand off the phone to my daughter already as my S7 Active has proven to be top notch.
I've been having that data issue too. When I lose it, it takes forever to come back and I end up having to restart the phone.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Probably network issue. Just before I upgraded that happened to me a few times with my Note 4.

Interesting....

I wonder if it's a phone issue or network. :/

It's definitely not a network issue as I carry 2 phones the other one being an unlocked Galaxy S7 active and that one has no problem picking up the data connection like the Note 7 does. Ironically the Note 7 is a T-Mobile phone sold to me by T-Mobile and the S7 active is an AT&T phone unlocked and working on the T-Mobile network yet the S7 active is the one that has no problems retrieving the data connection.

By the way, I am using the SIM card that came with the Note in the box

I can confirm that switching to the new sim that comes with the phone resolves this issue.

droidboi23

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Please don't blast me but ... If I preorder the iPhone 7 will they charge me the jump on demand fee of $70 like the did with the note 7 or will it come up as a jump?

I wanted to love this phone but I think I'm going back to iPhone. :(

I just don't want to be charged another 70 bucks when this one would be returned anyway...

Sorry please don't judge me for going back to the dark side.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Please don't blast me but ... If I preorder the iPhone 7 will they charge me the jump on demand fee of $70 like the did with the note 7 or will it come up as a jump?

I wanted to love this phone but I think I'm going back to iPhone. :(

I just don't want to be charged another 70 bucks when this one would be returned anyway...

Sorry please don't judge me for going back to the dark side.

If you are on JoD then they should not be charging anything up front. They initially tried with the Note 7 JoD customers but reversed that and refunded those who asked a day or so into the pre-order because of the backlash. I would assume T-mobile would not tempt fate a second time lol. I would suggest you reach out to T-Mobile support on Twitter. They seem to be the best resource for things like that, stay away from the phone reps and store employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae