T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
If you are on JoD then they should not be charging anything up front. They initially tried with the Note 7 JoD customers but reversed that and refunded those who asked a day or so into the pre-order because of the backlash. I would assume T-mobile would not tempt fate a second time lol. I would suggest you reach out to T-Mobile support on Twitter. They seem to be the best resource for things like that, stay away from the phone reps and store employees.

The JoD is so confusing to the retail store reps. I remember when John Legere first announced it and he specifically said NO FEES, yet I have had to pay a "deposit" twice now on my JoD upgrades and then when I got my Note 7 I didn't have to pay anything.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
There are no fees for upgrading on JoD if you get the base model. So if you go for the 32GB iPhone 7, you will have to put nothing down. This is of course assuming that t mobile adds the iPhone 7 to JoD.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
There are no fees for upgrading on JoD if you get the base model. So if you go for the 32GB iPhone 7, you will have to put nothing down. This is of course assuming that t mobile adds the iPhone 7 to JoD.

That's not necessarily true. I got a 128 gig iPhone 6S Plus with absolutely zero down earlier this year. I'm telling you its a roll of the dice with who you talk to at TMO. Supposedly you are only able to use JoD 3 times a year right? Well, I'm on #5 and it hasn't even been a year yet lolol.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The JoD is so confusing to the retail store reps. I remember when John Legere first announced it and he specifically said NO FEES, yet I have had to pay a "deposit" twice now on my JoD upgrades and then when I got my Note 7 I didn't have to pay anything.
The JOD down-payment has been on effect when there is a larger phone. With my Note 5 there was no down-payment for the 32 gb. Also with the iPhone, no down-payment with the smallest iPhone.

Just like any advertising, there will be tiers for an upgraded device. The Note 7 doesn't have a 32 gb, at least in the US, hence the reason there would have been a change to no down-payment.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That's not necessarily true. I got a 128 gig iPhone 6S Plus with absolutely zero down earlier this year. I'm telling you its a roll of the dice with who you talk to at TMO. Supposedly you are only able to use JoD 3 times a year right? Well, I'm on #5 and it hasn't even been a year yet lolol.
No down-payment for the 128 gb is not company policy though.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Just got done talking to T-Mobile in Hurst, TX at the mall. Had a hard time finding a corporate store but i recommend going to one. Was told samsung just visited store and he was told 7-8 days the T-Mobile replacement note 7's will be in store. I asked if I can change colors was told a maybe.

I asked if I have to return all accessories and was told just the box and phone. Said I can keep the charger and other goodies :). I asked if the phone will come in a refurbished box with just the phone. He told me the phone will come in a box exactly like the one that came with original version with all accessories in tact.

Very nice. Unfortunately this isn't my T-Mobile and out of state right now but good for Texans. I recommend to call your corporate store and good luck finding one too. I'm going to check back on Wednesday.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I hope they get more than a few extra. Pre-orders were huge and a large portion were done online.

I seriously doubt that we will see replacement devices in stores this week. I was told today that I could get something else to use and return it when they do arrive. They had no idea when they were going to get them so I may just grab an On5 or J7 cheapo to tide me over.
I was told that too, but in that case, you would end up ha ing to oay the down payment and tax agaun on the n7

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I've never had an issue returning any of my phones to T-Mobile without the box, cord and earbuds. If anyone gives you an issue, immediately ask for a manager. Someone is over stepping their bounds.

I have a friend who works for T-mobile, and he has already been scheduled for a lot of overtime next week to deal specifically with exchanges.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if they'll let you change the color. I'm a little bored of the blue. It was pretty at first but I think I would prefer black since I'm just going to cover it up with an OtterBox Defender once they finally get to stores.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I just talked to Tmobile help and they still don't know when they will be in. Should I just go and return this thing then for refund?

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to Tmobile help and they still don't know when they will be in. Should I just go and return this thing then for refund?
No. Be patient. If you do that you will have to wait until they start selling them again. The replacements that come in are going to be for the people that already purchased them and need to swap them out. We will have first priority.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, good luck asking for boxes back. Mine was recycled the day I got it.

Your note 7 T-Mobile variant? ATT does their horrid white orange ATT refurbished looking boxes but T-Mobile gave galaxy note 7 box with everything included. Looks like it came directly from Samsung.

I was actually told "we'd appreciate the box back" so it was open ended. I don't ming giving the box back of the new notes are in an identical box with original accessories. But if not I agree I'll keep the box. I always save box, manuals, original wrapping, etc. Wish I was given a better answer on colors though.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I was told that too, but in that case, you would end up ha ing to oay the down payment and tax agaun on the n7

I don't think so. I'm a JoD customer so I didn't have to put anything down, but to do that to any customer would be taking advantage of the situation IMO and very uncarrier like.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
No. Be patient. If you do that you will have to wait until they start selling them again. The replacements that come in are going to be for the people that already purchased them and need to swap them out. We will have first priority.

I don't want to go down to the wire though. What about if i want to buy an Iphone though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance