T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
No. Be patient. If you do that you will have to wait until they start selling them again. The replacements that come in are going to be for the people that already purchased them and need to swap them out. We will have first priority.

Can you confirm this? Other carriers saying they will go on sale to public at the same time we swap them.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Can you confirm this? Other carriers saying they will go on sale to public at the same time we swap them.
fc9b96cba01437e110b20f106e8f85b9.jpg

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I doubt this only because Samsung is really pushing trading in the Note 7 for another phone or get a replacement as soon as possible. It would seem counterproductive to sell new Note 7's to new customers instead of getting replacements to people who need them. In another thread someone mentioned that they were told by their carrier that the Note 7 wouldn't go back on sale until sometime in October, meaning they believe that's when all replacements will be taken care of. No one knows for sure but that would make the most sense.

michellebjohn

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
That's not necessarily true. I got a 128 gig iPhone 6S Plus with absolutely zero down earlier this year. I'm telling you its a roll of the dice with who you talk to at TMO. Supposedly you are only able to use JoD 3 times a year right? Well, I'm on #5 and it hasn't even been a year yet lolol.
I have done more than 3 as well...

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
One week tomorrow lads. Almost there to getting our phones replaced.
That is best case scenario, I'd be surprised if they do and if they do it'll probably be in small batches. It's just such a small amount of time to build them, ship them, deliver them, have the store scan them in to inventory and be able to sell them. Some notices said 2-4 weeks, my thoughts are it'll be closer to the 4 week mark but who knows.

True_RL

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
That is best case scenario, I'd be surprised if they do and if they do it'll probably be in small batches. It's just such a small amount of time to build them, ship them, deliver them, have the store scan them in to inventory and be able to sell them. Some notices said 2-4 weeks, my thoughts are it'll be closer to the 4 week mark but who knows.
I agree. I'm not going to get impatient and just be hopeful we get this resolved by the end of the month.

To touch on something you responded to someone else, I read somewhere or maybe one of John's tweets, that their first priority was to replace every Note. I'm trying to find this in writing because I'm gonna be pissed if a new customer gets theirs before mine because the rep wants commission.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I'm not going to get impatient and just be hopeful we get this resolved by the end of the month.

To touch on something you responded to someone else, I read somewhere or maybe one of John's tweets, that their first priority was to replace every Note. I'm trying to find this in writing because I'm gonna be pissed if a new customer gets theirs before mine because the rep wants commission.
Same. They better replace our phones first and not sell anything until they have.

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Well I just returned from my store and they still have not gotten confirmation on when the devices would be available to swap out. They took back my Note7 and gave me an S7 Edge which they told me to bring back when the Note7's were available. This store at least is suggesting to people that they take this course of action to be on the safe side.

I was happy with the way they have handled things so far and am looking forward to getting back my Note7 when they get replacement devices.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Guys, is it standard policy for the T Mobile stores to give you a loaner phone if you want to turn in the Note 7 unit the new one's arrive? Dseiden, did you have an issue getting the S7 Edge? Curious how that works. Thanks.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Same here. If next week I can't get one because new customers bought them up I will be pissed and for sure return the Note and get the Iphone or V20.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Talked to Samsung rep in chat. New phones next week?

I asked Tmobile this morning when they will be getting the new phones and they don't know yet. I went on Samsung's live chat and they said starting next week, but then someone post here that tmobile said up to 5 weeks.

Chat InformationPlease wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat InformationAll Samsung Agents are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. A Samsung Agent will be with you shortly.

Chat InformationAll Samsung Agents are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. A Samsung Agent will be with you shortly.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Pradeep Y'. The reference number for this chat is 4326040058.

Pradeep Y: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?

Tom: Hi. I was wondering if the revised Note 7s will be available next week to swap my old one out

Pradeep Y: Hello Tom!

Pradeep Y: Yes, No need to worry It will be available next week.

Tom: Okay. I used Tmobile and I'm hearing up to 5 weeks.

Tom: Will existing Note 7 users get first picking of new Note 7s before they go on sale to new customers?

Pradeep Y: Yes, You are right Tom.

Tom: But you don't know when next week they will be available?

Pradeep Y: You need to contact carrier

Tom: I did and they won't tell me when, I just heard 5 weeks somewhere on the internet but was hoping next week they would be coming in because I might consider the new IPhone if I have to wait weeks which I would hate to.

Pradeep Y: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Pradeep Y: I do understand your concern.If I was In your place I would have felt the same

Pradeep Y: Please contact them next week they will surely get it

Tom: There is also word the FAA might ban the Note 7 from commercial flights, will Samsung include something to identify to TSA it's a revised device?

Pradeep Y: We do not have any information regarding it

Tom: ok. Thanks for your help!

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
just returned my note7, which took over 90minutes just to do that. they weren't sure how to go about it as I purchased it outright via telesales/wasn't purchased at the store. they did offer an s7 in the meantime, but I declined. the rep took multiple attempts to complete the process. good luck to whoever's returning for a refund. hope it goes smoother! for now back on my note5, and a full signal!:)

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Guys, is it standard policy for the T Mobile stores to give you a loaner phone if you want to turn in the Note 7 unit the new one's arrive? Dseiden, did you have an issue getting the S7 Edge? Curious how that works. Thanks.

I did not actually go there to get a "loaner" phone but they told me to choose something and then told me to bring it back when the new Note7s were in. They handled it just like a return and a new purchase but was told that they had marked it as a Note7 exchange which would let me bring it back if I wanted to when the Note7 was back.

I figured I would just turn it in and use an old phone I have till I could get a new Note7 but this is cool as I get to see just how much I miss the Note7 while using another great device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc