T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

She also said the turn in program for them keeps changing like every couple of hours. The latest thing they have been told is to not send the phones back in. That they have to hold them in their inventory.

Probably because the shipping carriers don't want to transport known fire starters!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Talked to Samsung rep in chat. New phones next week?

Ah, I was not aware Samsung did that. This is my first Samsung device.
Yup. Even if you go to Best Buy to have your Samsung flashed with a new update, they will have one for Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T and Sprint. Also Samsung service center can remove the OS and put it back on. They have the carrier OS. If you upgrade using Samsung servers and your computer, they have a factory image for your device. If you buy an AT&T phone and use it on T-Mobile, you will always have the AT&T apps still on it and have to upgrade using the AT&T severs or Best Buy or your computer.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Why isn't anyone really giving any clear dates? Even Samsung won't. You ask 10 different people at the carriers ans Samsung and you will get 10 different answers. So annoying. I would like another Note 7 but also don't want to have to wait possibly up until a month for it. At least give us a more general idea. IMO maybe they don't want us jumping to Iphone which is why Samsung isn't saying much about the wait times.

Because they don't have exact 100% dates yet. If they did I am sure they would say but since they don't .. they won't say. Smarter thing to do is to not say if they don't fully know otherwise they give false expectations.

True_RL

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
The guys at my sprint corporate store have been there a long time. I've gotten my last 4 phones from the same dude and last Saturday he told me to just come in on Friday and swap, which means tomorrow. Easy as 1,2,3. Called him again yesterday and he said just come in on Friday, we will have new phones.

Did you call/see the dude from the Sprint store yet? Curious if they got shipment like he said.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I swapped my Note7 for the S7 yesterday at a Tmobile store. I had to go to 3 diffevent stores because the first two had no clue what was happening with the recall. The first store told us to call Samsung and exchange it through themy. We called Samsung only to be told that we would have to exchange the phones through our carrier, but that they would be shipping replacement phones Tuesday after labor day.

At that point we decided to hold on to the Note but then on Wednesday my phone started heating up while I tried to charge it and it also had serious data problems. My husband's Note was fine but we didn't want to risk it.

After several conversations with both the twitter help and costumer service on the phone we were able to locate a store in the area that knew what was happening.

We had to take back the phone in the box with all the accessories and they processed the return and refunded us the down-payment and taxes. They didn't have any S7 edge so we exchanged then for S7. We were told that T mobile will be waiving the restock fee and the 14 period for Note 7 owners that took the exchange.

Does anyone know the stipulations of turning in the Note 7? Can we exchange the Note 7 for a device of our choosing until the Note 7 comes in? Or should we hang on to the phone, although a little risky, until the new Note 7s are in stock? Please share your insight, or experience with these options, thanks.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Looks like they won't be going on sale until late Oct to later in Nov!! I hope this doesn't mean that we won't be able to swap out until sometime in Oct before they go on sale. Iphone 7 Plus also backordered until at least the end of the month unless you want to spend mega money on a 256gb model. If I go for a refund now that pushes me to the back of the line so I really have no choice but to keep it to swap. I hate using the S7 screen. This is just brutal trying to text and use the small screen on this POS.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...MobileNations%2529%26irgwc%3D1&token=8IS9xoRE

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Looks like they won't be going on sale until late Oct to later in Nov!! I hope this doesn't mean that we won't be able to swap out until sometime in Oct before they go on sale. Iphone 7 Plus also backordered until at least the end of the month unless you want to spend mega money on a 256gb model. If I go for a refund now that pushes me to the back of the line so I really have no choice but to keep it to swap. I hate using the S7 screen. This is just brutal trying to text and use the small screen on this POS.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...MobileNations%2529%26irgwc%3D1&token=L15ZOhZ4
I think the reason they won't be going on sale until then is for them to be absolutely sure they got to swap everyone and that the devices that will be going on sale are produced correctly this time. I don't think we will be waiting until late October to swap.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if I can drop into my local T-Mobile store today and return my Note 7 which I got on jump on demand and pre-order the iPhone 7. I have a backup phone I can use in the meantime so I don't care if I walk out of there without a phone as long as I get the iPhone 7 shipped out to me and release date.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if I can drop into my local T-Mobile store today and return my Note 7 which I got on jump on demand and pre-order the iPhone 7. I have a backup phone I can use in the meantime so I don't care if I walk out of there without a phone as long as I get the iPhone 7 shipped out to me and release date.
You probably can. You can return the Note 7 and get a full refund until September 30.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Unless you're getting the regular Iphone 7 or 256gb model of the 7 Plus, don't expect to get your 7 Plus until probably October. They're all backordered now.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...MobileNations%2529%26irgwc%3D1&token=BDzsV2mO

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
At T-Mobile now trying to swap out my Note 7 for an S7 and the place is packed with iIdiots preordering the new iPhone. What a mess.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Wow didn't they just go on sale at midnight? That was quick. The prices aren't as bad as they usually are though.

That was Pacific time, so 3am for us here in FL. I'm not primary account holder so I can't order online even though I'm on the account. I have to call to order or do it in store and I wasn't going to call at 3am and stay on hold all early AM long.

I don't understand these morons packing the store to order the Iphone 7. The Plus models were all on back order at 8am est when I checked so those people are just wasting their time because they won't get the phone any faster now.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
That was Pacific time, so 3am for us here in FL. I'm not primary account holder so I can't order online even though I'm on the account. I have to call to order or do it in store and I wasn't going to call at 3am and stay on hold all early AM long.

I don't understand these morons packing the store to order the Iphone 7. The Plus models were all on back order at 8am est when I checked so those people are just wasting their time because they won't get the phone any faster now.
Those aren't the only morons. There's also the ones that make a line miles long to buy it at the Apple store on release day.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
To make things worse, they play the worst music in store. I feel like launching this Bluetooth speaker across the store.
That's why I prefer doing whatever transactions I can online. I hate having to deal with the people at the store and even the ones on the phone who are God knows where and I barely understand. I can only imagine the hell we will face when the time comes to swap the phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay