T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
For clarification purposes....

Either return for a full refund and do whatever you want... or hold on to it and swap it out for a new one when available. Two different paths. But option #2 doesn't involve option #1.

Nope as of yesterday only 1 option ask for yourself and my brother works there

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You will not pay more, the price is the same. If you pay $69.99 down your monthly payment is a little lower. My monthly payment was higher because the stopped charging JOD a down payment.

That is the key, it is a down payment, which comes off the total price, not a fee.

If something costs $100 and you finance it for 5 months and pay nothing down, your payment is $20 a month.

If you pay $12 down, then you finance only $88 and not $100. Your payments are then $17.60 for 5 months.

The price is still the same, your monthly payment will be lower if you pay something down.

I did JOD and I hope not to pay that i didn't have to before

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I will go on what is written there rather than some random rep on "T-Force". They wouldn't give an option 2 to exchange if we had to return / rebuy. It would just be as simple as .. "Go return then rebuy once it is out".

They also wouldn't have this site still live if that T-Force rep was correct but .. it still is. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%2Fsamsung-galaxy-note7-recall&token=58AD5O7a

I talked to several supervisor because I thought this was an injustice and stupid once my brother told me. Started yesterday

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I did JOD and I hope not to pay that i didn't have to before
You will be exchanging. If you pay a down payment this time, your monthly payment will be lower. Basically you won't be financing most of the tax. Your total amount paid will be the same.

This isn't a fee, it is a down payment and that is subtracted from the total price. That is how all down payments work in everything. Just like a house.. You make a down payment and you borrow that much less from the bank.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Okay I'm confused now between what people are saying. So if we hold onto our Note devices when we go to get a new one they will refund the card, and then have us pay for it again?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
To me, the exchange is basically like a warranty replacement. You don't repurchase. You take your old one in, plop your SIM into the new one, they update your account and off you go. That's what makes sense to me. If it doesn't go down that way, that's another story.
IF you already returned yours, you are repurchasing.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay I'm confused now between what people are saying. So if we hold onto our Note devices when we go to get a new one they will refund the card, and then have us pay for it again?
We don't know for sure Blues. If they do that they will refund your card and then charge it again. My guess is they are just doing an exchange. That is less work on them, especially dealing with credit card fees that businesses pay.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
We don't know for sure Blues. If they do that they will refund your card and then charge it again. My guess is they are just doing an exchange. That is less work on them, especially dealing with credit card fees that businesses pay.

If they charge your card again it takes 7-10 days for the original refund to show. Really gives no incentive to hold onto the devices anymore then. They probably want people returning them so they can buy Iphones.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

I just returned my device this morning. It's basically a cluster. They have a paper that gives them all the steps necessary to complete the process, and most of the steps assume that the customer has an EIP. I bought mine outright. They refunded the entire amount. From what i was told, the exchange would be handled just like any other exchange, but I don't think they are refunding your card and then recharging the new device. It's an even swap. But who knows, it's T-Mobile, so the entire process could have been changed since I left the store 2 hours ago. By the way, I was there for 1 hour and 20 minutes for just a return. I can't wait to see what it's like once they get devices in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If they charge your card again it takes 7-10 days for the original refund to show. Really gives no incentive to hold onto the devices anymore then. They probably want people returning them so they can buy Iphones.
I do returns and rebuy something at a different price even, on credit card, all the time and it is done immediately, they do one ticket with two transactions.

Trust me Blues, they know how to do refunds of that is what they choose, which I doubt they will. In fact if I remember correctly, TMO actually used the words "exchange". BUT.. If they refund and you buy again and it doesn't cost you more and you walk out with your new phone, what is the problem?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I just returned my device this morning. It's basically a cluster****. They have a paper that gives them all the steps necessary to complete the process, and most of the steps assume that the customer has an EIP. I bought mine outright. They refunded the entire amount. From what i was told, the exchange would be handled just like any other exchange, but I don't think they are refunding your card and then recharging the new device. It's an even swap. But who knows, it's T-Mobile, so the entire process could have been changed since I left the store 2 hours ago. By the way, I was there for 1 hour and 20 minutes for just a return. I can't wait to see what it's like once they get devices in.

By logic you would make the even swap quick by doing a simple even exchange. I agree Tmobile is a cluster in general whenever I purchase something it turns into an long ordeal even for buying a case it took 10 minutes one time. Every time I've gone to the stores it takes over an hour. I don't understand why they make the process so confusing. If you pay in whole like I do just refund the amount. I don't have a JOD account. I just pay outright in full. It really isn't that hard. When paying in full it should be just like returning anything at Home Depot or Wal-mart, not some hour long bs.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure they are doing this the easiest way. They have to override restocking fees and return dates.

I'm sure they are making this as easy as possible and not just doing it on a way that is going to require them more time, just for the heck of it.

This is all new, it isn't just TMO, other carriers have issues too. Also with every carrier, there have been different experiences at different stores. I'm sure TMO and all carriers are doing this the easiest way possible. They don't want to create extra work for themselves unnecessarily. They do not have a previous situation to draw experience on, this is unprecedented.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This completely 100% false. Don't make a statement and present is a factual when you have absolutely no idea.

Oh ok I don't. My brother doesn't work there and 2 supervisors didn't tell me. You get the facts and ask for yourself. Don't be scared just ask the simple question don't take my word for it

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
By logic you would make the even swap quick by doing a simple even exchange. I agree Tmobile is a cluster F in general whenever I purchase something it turns into an long ordeal even for buying a case it took 10 minutes one time. Every time I've gone to the stores it takes over an hour. I don't understand why they make the process so confusing. If you pay in whole like I do just refund the amount. I don't have a JOD account. I just pay outright in full. It really isn't that hard. When paying in full it should be just like returning anything at Home Depot or Wal-mart, not some hour long bs.

Obviously if its taking an hour then its not as simple as returning a pair of socks to Walmart. Unpopular opinion I know but Mobile COULD really be doing the best they can given the situation...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note

I have been noticing a lot of language bypassing and things of that nature. This is a reminder to not do this (please) as per the rules / guidelines of the forum. Thank you.

Inappropriate Language - Mobile Nations is a network used by people of all ages, so please keep posts, usernames, and links family appropriate. We use software filters to block variations of profanity and will not tolerate attempts (i.e. use of special characters) to circumvent these filters.

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Oh ok I don't. My brother doesn't work there and 2 supervisors didn't tell me. You get the facts and ask for yourself. Don't be scared just ask the simple question don't take my word for it

So if he's correct when swapping for the same device they will refund on the card and turn around and charge the card again? Since some banks it takes over a week, you might have people bouncing checks if they're not aware their card is being charged again.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So if he's correct when swapping for the same device they will refund on the card and turn around and charge the card again? Since some banks it takes over a week, you might have people bouncing checks if they're not aware their card is being charged again.

Yes so far yes. Supposedly that's their reasoning to keep best track of imei number and Samsung wants better track to see who to date has exchanged for one of their items like s7 or who has just refunded to something else and for both Samsung and T-Mobile to keep inventory track of who has got a new note from their recall note.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes so far yes. Supposedly that's their reasoning to keep best track of imei number and Samsung wants better track to see who to date has exchanged for one of their items like s7 or who has just refunded to something else and for both Samsung and T-Mobile to keep inventory track of who has got a new note from their recall note.

So either way if I refund it and have them order an Iphone or swap it out it's basically the same way then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae