T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
With an exchange the IMEI numbers change also and are also updated on your EIP/JOD/Purchase.

At this point stores are passing around info and they haven't gotten official info yet. Also until something is put out officially by TMO or it is happening in the store and T-Force says that is correct, no need to worry about it, because it may never happen.

People will walk out of the store with a phone and I'm sure it will be handled the correct way.

No reason to worry about something that hasn't happened yet because it may never happen. I'm sure they are going to make this as easy as possible. I've returned things that I either got a refund due to the new item or had to pay more, numerous times. They do my refund, then my purchase, all in one transaction. Then if I owe them money, the only amount charged is the difference on the two items. I don't get a credit for the first item then a debit for the second item. Both transactions are done and the only debit is if I owe them money.

If it is even and they processes it as a return and a purchase, those transactions don't show up on my card.

They process a ton of purchases on debit and credit cards, I'm sure they have thought about that and figured out how to do it so it doesn't cause a problem.

Like my granny used to say.. Don't borrow trouble and cross that bridge when and if you get there.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
So either way if I refund it and have them order an Iphone or swap it out it's basically the same way then.

Yes as of now. I have a supervisor calling me a minute now about the new $69.99 upfront down payment on their website and how it effects us if we rebuy.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
With an exchange the IMEI numbers change also and are also updated on your EIP/JOD/Purchase.

At this point stores are passing around info and they haven't gotten official info yet. Also until something is put out officially by TMO or it is happening in the store and T-Force says that is correct, no need to worry about it, because it may never happen.

People will walk out of the store with a phone and I'm sure it will be handled the correct way.

No reason to worry about something that hasn't happened yet because it may never happen. I'm sure they are going to make this as easy as possible. I've returned things that I either got a refund due to the new item or had to pay more, numerous times. They do my refund, then my purchase, all in one transaction. Then if I owe them money, the only amount charged is the difference on the two items. I don't get a credit for the first item then a debit for the second item. Both transactions are done and the only debit is if I owe them money.

If it is even and they processes it as a return and a purchase, those transactions don't show up on my card.

They process a ton of purchases on debit and credit cards, I'm sure they have thought about that and figured out how to do it so it doesn't cause a problem.

Like my granny used to say.. Don't borrow trouble and cross that bridge when and if you get there.

T-force has confirmed correct I'm on phone with a supervisor had them have a supervisor from T-force call me about process and the $69.99 upfront down payment

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
T-force has confirmed correct I'm on phone with a supervisor had them have a supervisor from T-force call me about process and the $69.99 upfront down payment
The $69.99 isn't new. They had that with pre-orders and stopped that for JOD purchases during pre-order.

I'm not sure if the issue with that. If you paid it before you get it back and pay it again. If you didn't pay it before, then you should just exchange the phone or pay the down payment and your payments will be less.

I would speak to T-Force myself on Twitter and not have a 611 Rep do it. If you want answers and help from the people that have authority, you should really contact T-Force directly. That is the way to get things done.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The $69.99 isn't new. They had that with pre-orders and stopped that for JOD purchases during pre-order.

I'm not sure if the issue with that. If you paid it before you get it back and pay it again. If you didn't pay it before, then you should just exchange the phone or pay the down payment and your payments will be less.

I would speak to T-Force myself on Twitter and not have a 611 Rep do it. If you want answers and help from the people that have authority, you should really contact T-Force directly. That is the way to get things done.

Just spoke to T-force supervisor for 15 min. No down payment of any kind regardless of what website has on it now. What you paid original transaction is how much you will pay at repurchase of the new note 7. See the word repurchase, they are not and system will not allow an even exchange/warranty exchange, an exchange of any kind which is why it's tricky and employees at store have a 4 page manual on how to do this. Reason because they want to start over your JOD date and not have this original transaction effects us in any way and this is how Samsung told them to process it, refund and repurchase!!!!

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Just heard in another forum that Samsung is saying they will be available for exchange by end of this week. (Their end of week is Sunday) Anyone else hear anything?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Just heard in another forum that Samsung is saying they will be available for exchange by end of this week. (Their end of week is Sunday) Anyone else hear anything?

Hope so. If true IMO more like Tue or Wed of next week by the time stores start to get them. I'm seriously considering the jump to Iphone 7 plus if this BS keeps dragging out.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hope so. If true IMO more like Tue or Wed of next week by the time stores start to get them. I'm seriously considering the jump to Iphone 7 plus if this BS keeps dragging out.
I hope so too so we can get it over with. I'm seriously annoyed by that repurchase crap.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I hope so too so we can get it over with. I'm seriously annoyed by that repurchase crap.

I'd actually save some by ordering 7 Plus if I order the 32gb one. Downside no SD card slot but there is always cloud storage. I'd have to wait until at least the end of the month for delivery or oct but not like we are not waiting for the Note 7 right now.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd actually save some by ordering 7 Plus if I order the 32gb one. Downside no SD card slot but there is always cloud storage. I'd have to wait until at least the end of the month for delivery or oct but not like we are not waiting for the Note 7 right now.
I don't much agree with cloud storage. I would probably get the 128 GB or 256 GB if I were to actually get it and I'm still not really a fan of the iPhone. I hope these people hurry up and get these replacements out.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Just spoke to T-force supervisor for 15 min. No down payment of any kind regardless of what website has on it now. What you paid original transaction is how much you will pay at repurchase of the new note 7. See the word repurchase, they are not and system will not allow an even exchange/warranty exchange, an exchange of any kind which is why it's tricky and employees at store have a 4 page manual on how to do this. Reason because they want to start over your JOD date and not have this original transaction effects us in any way and this is how Samsung told them to process it, refund and repurchase!!!!

Boy that seems like its going to be a lot of paperwork when everyone rushes in to do the exchange.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

You sure you talked to a T-Force supervisor? They generally have to call you back and many work from home. Seems odd that Samsung would tell them that when Samsung is doing refund or exchange.

But none the less, that seems like an exchange, no matter how they are processing it in their system with your Jump reset. For people that do a Jump, JOD or EIP, they might have to fool the system to get the upgrade date back and to not burn an upgrade. There is also the issue of people that haven't turned in their device yet. The have to correct that because it is more than a date since the upgrade closes out the previous device and it isn't paid for yet. Their system might require an exchange so it does reset the upgrade.

Glad you got that clarified and no one will be hit with paying something out of pocket they didn't expect.

Last edited:

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what this means but I pulled it directly from T-Mobiles website. I don't have a note 7 but I have being staying up to date on what's going on because my wife does.

Don't know if this is for replacements due to the recall or when it will go back on sale officially.

e6f7c796bbe067105a8d750cdd4f61cf.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I forgot the good ones are allowed to fly!
Also I found out while reading Korean news, Samsung does all their phones by airplane anyway and their appliances by a Korean company that is container ships.

There were a couple of articles about that shipping company on Korean news last week. It is having some serious financial issues and Samsung is a major customer, if not their largest customer. IIRC, one article said that maybe 40% of what they shipped was Samsung products and it was causing some delays in shipping for Samsung. That got my attention and the rest of the article talked about how Samsung sent all phones by air and the appliances went by sea using this shipping company.

Status
Not open for further replies.