T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
On the best buy thread someone said BB already has some replacements in but won't hand them out until tomorrow something about updating the system. So if that is true I guess in reality the gubermint is approving the revised devices?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yea but did they start making replacements yet? Imagine they did and CPSC says they don't approve of them and they lose even more money.
They started making them the first of the week last week. Before the announcements. It doesn't take long to put them together, all the parts have been made for a long time. They just need new batteries. It isn't like batteries take weeks and weeks to make. When it is ready, the production line runs fast.

Remember, even Foxconn makes 500K iPhones a day.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm on DM with Thelp on twitter. If you used a debit card for pre order, first 300 bucks will be refunded in cash and rest pre paid card mailed to you. However I ran as a credit card so thinking full amount will be put back onto the card then. Trying to find out more right now.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Remember the CPSC will now have to do their own testing on these devices.

Say Samsung gets it to them next week, I am sure they will do hours upon hours of testing to make sure they are ok. And this is the US gov we are talking about whom moves at a snails pace.

I cant imagine Carriers having replacements before Oct 1st at the earliest.
When they are involved they will have to move quicker now that this has started. Also they only need to test batteries.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well going off of what was posted his may be an old one that would need to be replaced as it doesn't have the markings of the new stock... This of course makes no sense unless it has been on the slow boat for 2.5 weeks
The recall and discontinuing selling, didn't happen until a week ago. It was last Friday early AM here when it was announced.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. My tombile store, the only one within 30 miles with me which is at the mall I know will be swamped this weekend so I will wait until Wed to return it but will order Iphone tonight or this weekend even though I know it's backed ordered for at least 2 weeks right now.

With the gubermint getting involved I know we won't have phones for awhile now and it sounds like they might scrap the Note in the US now.
IMO, until you hear Samsung change the date, I wouldn't assume that.

Everything that everyone all over the forums has assumed, that Samsung didn't announce, so far as been incorrect.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The recall and discontinuing selling, didn't happen until a week ago. It was last Friday early AM here when it was announced.
Thank you for the correction.. so it's possible I guess. One of the last ones out the door
Do you still see carriers getting phones to swap out next week now the feds are in on it?
The question is how do you test batteries in a sealed device?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you still see carriers getting phones to swap out next week now the feds are in on it?
Until Samsung makes an announcement changing dates, I'm still going with what Samsung said. The only people that know about the times is Samsung. Right now, until they say different, the time frame is "within the next two weeks" from last Friday.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
And from what I understand, it seems Australia is getting their phones today or they were shipping today. It was released like 8/2 on Australia. They were one of the first to get the phone.

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
I bought the Note 7 at a T-Mobile store and a case for it from Best Buy. T-Mobile says to return accessories for a refund. Does that only apply to accessories bought from T-Mobile? Or can I return the Best Buy case to the T-Mobile store when I bring back the phone?

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Note 7 at a T-Mobile store and a case for it from Best Buy. T-Mobile says to return accessories for a refund. Does that only apply to accessories bought from T-Mobile? Or can I return the Best Buy case to the T-Mobile store when I bring back the phone?

That is an interesting question. I would assume that T Mobile is only going to cover the accessories you purchased from them, but on the Samsung page it says they will cover all accessories

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Blues, think of it this way..

We have two options to listen to about shipping and manufacturing times and progress:

Samsung GLOBAL and NOT Samsung Global.

First Option: Samsung Global knows how long it takes to put together 2 million Note 7's and what all is involved to accomplish that and how long it takes them to get to carriers and exactly what is going on with the recall. This is what they do every single day. They gave the plan that they had spent time before last Friday, coming up with. When they announced the recall and the exchange, that plan was well thought out and already in motion. If anything changes that affects their plan and timeline, Samsung GLOBAL, not Samsung USA, Samsung Canada, Samsung UAE, etc, will be the first to know. Since they were very clear about replacing these phones and getting it done quickly, and announced that, I would think if that changes, they will announce that. If time frames change and they don't announce any changes, that will just cover them up more with people contacting them.

Second Option: Not Samsung Global. Everyone else that is not Samsung Global, has no idea of all of the above, they can only guess.

So with the two options we have to get information from, it seems to me that Samsung Global is the one that we can and need to look to for accurate information. That is why I say, until Samsung Global says delivery time frame has change or your Samsung or carrier puts out an official statement about delays, all the time frames that are different than what Samsung Global said, are only conjecture. Now Samsung Global might come out tomorrow and say the time frame has changed until a later date, but if and until that time comes, on 9/2, Samsung Global told us they would do this within two weeks from that day.

Samsung Global is the only one we can count on for accurate info and as of right now, nothing in the time frame has changed.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I would love for the replacement devices to have the Exynos processor.......too bad it most likely want...and for those switching to the iPhone...that phone does not replace a note 7....the closest replacement is the Galaxy S7 edge

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
How would TMobile even be able to verify what you paid and what they should refund you for an item they cannot scan with their own system? If you bought something from BestBuy take it back and they will happily refund you at Best Buy.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
There was something in TMO's statement they made early on, that made me think maybe they were talking about accessories bought elsewhere also. If you bought them online you would have a receipt in the account of the company, like Amazon or case manufacturers etc.

They didn't come out and say accessories you bought from others, but I remember their wording made it kind of sound that way.

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
I do have the original receipt, but even if T-Mobile can do the case refund it will probably be a big hassle. I guess I'll go to Best Buy. I was just hoping to cut my errands in half. ;)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 239023

I'm glad I could make T-Mobile laugh but all jokes aside I want my replacement, I will never get an iPhone again no matter what happens
Well for people that actually want a Note for the features of a Note, there just isn't any way an iPhone is a substitute for a Note.

Now some people like Android and iPhone both, but if a person uses the Note for its features, which includes using the spen as more than just a stylus, the iPhone doesn't have the features to even be a substitute for a Note. Totally different worlds/phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12