T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Well for people that actually want a Note for the features of a Note, there just isn't any way an iPhone is a substitute for a Note.

Now some people like Android and iPhone both, but if a person uses the Note for its features, which includes using the spen as more than just a stylus, the iPhone doesn't have the features to even be a substitute for a Note. Totally different worlds/phones.

Me personally I wouldn't get the iPhone 7 that's a big downgrade, the LG v20 on the other hand looks promising if I switch to any device it might be that one

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Does it sound like we will get replacements soon?

No it sounds like Samsung is going to give you a J7 to use until the issue gets sorted out. They probably wouldn't be offering a loaner phone if they thought this was going to be resolved in the next few days

henry0513

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I am on JOD plan and I had a questions not sure if it was covered.

IF you purchased a phone, they will give you a full refund, for us on the JOD, do we get a refund on the month we paid?
Technically, Tmobile is getting the phone back and return to Samsung, so in that case I don't think they should charge us for anything like the purchased phone. Cause either way I can just puchase the phone now (Pay the full price less the monthly paid) and get a full refund?

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: JUMP advice

Other than the recall, its a great phone. My first Note and already addicted to the S pen.

I've used the SPen more times than I thought I would. More precise touches is definitely a help.

I don't want to jump ship to another company when September rolls around since my very first Android phone was the Galaxy S4.

sincere11105

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Okay, can someone help me out with this. My wife is on the original jump with T-Mobile where you get 2 jumps in a year. If she used a jump, traded in her old phone before this whole recall business and got the Note 7. If the phone gets officially recalled and she turns it in, will her jump be reset due to the recall?
Don't think they are counting it against jump

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Reading the other threads, looks like some are getting texts about turning their N7 off and returning it. I haven't received anything.
Neither did I but I already turned it off a couple days ago. I'm keeping it in the box until I can swap. I really hope the time frame they gave for the swap is correct.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Well, I think I've decided to give in and just exchange this for a G7E. I'm disappointed and feel like I'm being forced to do it by pressureing companies, but I honestly feel like the Note 7 is doomed so there's really no point in trying to make it work. I'll use G7E until S8 comes out and then jump to that.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Dm1120

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
As long as it's not next year. And what does that mean for the return time frame?

It could mean next year. Odds are the carriers will extend the return date a little but Samsung has made it clear they want people returning these phones now instead of waiting for a replacement.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Here's a question? Will those not willing to return their phone possibly hinder the process? It's not like the carrier's can't run a system macro to see how many are still out there and have to report it to the power that be.

josh6113

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 note 7's I bought online from tmobile.both have been rock solid since I've had them.If and when Sammy brings the new ones to use it would be nice if they all had 6GB of ram like the ones made in china.That would be a good reason to swap out.Until then I'll be using mine until new ones are avalible.

No its patrick_20

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
So I got an email to power down my phone and turn it in from Samsung yesterday. My question is, does anyone know exactly what loner phone we'll be getting from T-mobile? Cause there's 1 that is really cheesy from the J series. And my second question is, does T-mobile know Samsung is offering a $25 gift card/ bill credit/etc.?
"Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Until time of approval, select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, with a Samsung J Series loaner phone to use until new Note7s are available."

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
So I got an email to power down my phone and turn it in from Samsung yesterday. My question is, does anyone know exactly what loner phone we'll be getting from T-mobile? Cause there's 1 that is really cheesy from the J series. And my second question is, does T-mobile know Samsung is offering a $25 gift card/ bill credit/etc.?
"Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Until time of approval, select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, with a Samsung J Series loaner phone to use until new Note7s are available."

I dmed Tmobile on Twitter and they said that we could choose from any phones they have and get a loaner phone. I hope they're right. I'm getting ready to go to T-mobile and find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney