T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I will say this though, my experience today was that it indeed had to be returned and then done as a repurchase - I had to give up my JOD because I was out of upgrades, so I got switched over to regular Jump - Not what I wanted but I was too tired to even care at that point. I did have to pay the tax on the Edge but I called TMO customer service and they were more than happy to just give me back that money as a bill credit - so that was a wash out. The lady at Tmobile gave me a free LED Wallet case AND fast wireless charger to compensate for my trouble, so that was cool. I still get to keep the Gear Fit 2 that I got with my Note, and now I was able to order a free 256 gig SD card ($200 value) with the new Samsung promotion they just stated for S7 and S7 Edge purchases.

So basically, I had to go from Note 7 to Edge 7 - basically its the same phone minus the S pen and USB C - I technically didn't pay anything and what I got out of the deal (for free) is a Fast Wireless Charger, LED Wallet Case, Gear Fit 2, and 256 gig SD card. That's more than fair for the trouble this situation caused.

So I mean, yeah, part of this has been a huge inconvenience, but I'm overall happy with the Edge 7 and I do feel like both Samsung and T-Mobile did everything that they could do to make this right. So I'm fine at this point.
I hope that if I make the switch I get all of that free stuff.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
No, I didn't see them, but they did have a pretty decent selection of cases. They are definitely overpriced there, I only took it because they comped me for it (and thats definitely probably a store by store thing). You can price match with Amazon at Best Buy, I do it all the time and always get my stuff there at the Amazon price, which is always quite a bit lower. BB has a great price match policy.

Yep done that a number of times with Amazon with defender cases. If i have to drive 30 miles for it I'll just do it at the tmobile store down there if I decide to.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
bad news Amazon now has removed the edge defender case. Before last week it had 1-2 month wait now it's gone. All the Best Buys within 120 miles here in FL don't have them as well. I remember someone said the Edge Defenders also had some production issues as well.

FML this Jinx just doesn't stop. At least there are generic similar one's on Amazon.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
bad news Amazon now has removed the edge defender case. Before last week it had 1-2 month wait now it's gone. All the Best Buys within 120 miles here in FL don't have them as well. I remember someone said the Edge Defenders also had some production issues as well.

FML this Jinx just doesn't stop. At least there are generic similar one's on Amazon.
I'm in Miami so there's a lot of stores around me. There's one about 10 miles from me that says they have it.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

Just curious, how does a case like a defender work with an edge display.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I will say this though, my experience today was that it indeed had to be returned and then done as a repurchase - I had to give up my JOD because I was out of upgrades, so I got switched over to regular Jump - Not what I wanted but I was too tired to even care at that point. I did have to pay the tax on the Edge but I called TMO customer service and they were more than happy to just give me back that money as a bill credit - so that was a wash out. The lady at Tmobile gave me a free LED Wallet case AND fast wireless charger to compensate for my trouble, so that was cool. I still get to keep the Gear Fit 2 that I got with my Note, and now I was able to order a free 256 gig SD card ($200 value) with the new Samsung promotion they just stated for S7 and S7 Edge purchases.

So basically, I had to go from Note 7 to Edge 7 - basically its the same phone minus the S pen and USB C - I technically didn't pay anything and what I got out of the deal (for free) is a Fast Wireless Charger, LED Wallet Case, Gear Fit 2, and 256 gig SD card. That's more than fair for the trouble this situation caused.

So I mean, yeah, part of this has been a huge inconvenience, but I'm overall happy with the Edge 7 and I do feel like both Samsung and T-Mobile did everything that they could do to make this right. So I'm fine at this point.
Well you seem to be OK with the turnout but I would definitely NOT let them change my plan no matter what unless I wanted them to. The person in store just took the easier way out. I'd be on the phone with CS and getting back on JOD.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I had to call a few stores to finally find one that has the S7 Edge in stock. The girl on the phone told me that apparently a lot of people have been returning the Note 7 for this phone.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Just curious, how does a case like a defender work with an edge display.

You can go on youtube for reviews on it. All the stores around here don't carry it. Verizon, tmobile, sprint, etc. Closest ATT store is sarasota 40 miles away. I don't know what to do now. No decent cases to protect the edge display. The commuter is cheap and I don't like the flimsy material.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You can go on youtube for reviews on it. All the stores around here don't carry it. Verizon, tmobile, sprint, etc. Closest ATT store is sarasota 40 miles away. I don't know what to do now. No decent cases to protect the edge display. The commuter is cheap and I don't like the flimsy material.
I saw some pretty good video reviews on it. I don't care much for the edge features and had disabled them on the Note 7.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Well you seem to be OK with the turnout but I would definitely NOT let them change my plan no matter what unless I wanted them to. The person in store just took the easier way out. I'd be on the phone with CS and getting back on JOD.

Nah, I'm not doing that. I couldn't care less about it at this point. Honestly I'm kind of glad I was able to get out of my lease situation because I never liked the idea of not actually owning the phone. I DID like being able to upgrade multiple times a year, but, eh...who really NEEDS to do that. It just devalues the experience of getting a new device imo. ymmv. They are probably going to force people to drop JOD soon anyway as they don't really want to continue supporting it, and since they can't force you to change your plans but they CAN decide not to let future devices be JOB capable...eh..

It saves me $12 more monthly too with PHP built in.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Nah, I'm not doing that. I couldn't care less about it at this point. Honestly I'm kind of glad I was able to get out of my lease situation because I never liked the idea of not actually owning the phone. I DID like being able to upgrade multiple times a year, but, eh...who really NEEDS to do that. It just devalues the experience of getting a new device imo. ymmv. They are probably going to force people to drop JOD soon anyway as they don't really want to continue supporting it, and since they can't force you to change your plans but they CAN decide not to let future devices be JOB capable...eh..

It saves me $12 more monthly too with PHP built in.

JOD is a rip off, if you use it the way they want you to. Get it, use it once for a device you REALLY want, and then cancel it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Returned mine today. The T-Mobile rep that I know was there .. took about 15 minutes. Now time to wait with my Nexus 5X loaner from my buddy.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Well what a mess, I ordered my phone through T-Mobile (phone call) got it on the 18th. I tired to take it back today to a store and they said I needed the box and accessories, went home grabbed everything and went back to the store. Now I'm told I need a receipt because I ordered it through the phone, what a cluster.

I just went to t-mobile regarding my note 7 , and the reps don't know left from right, I just left because I was afraid to engage in a long discussion with the rep and for my brain to start to bleed.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
JOD is a rip off, if you use it the way they want you to. Get it, use it once for a device you REALLY want, and then cancel it.

I used it 5 times this year, lol. So, it definitely wasn't a rip off for me. Now, in my own defense, here is what happened - I had iPhone 6S, I JOD to S7 back when it came out, I had regrets and after a few weeks I JOD to iPhone 6S plus, a few weeks later I decided it was too big, and stupidly JOD to iPhone SE, it took me a month or so to realize my mistake before I somehow got a 4th JOD back to iPhone 6S. Then when Note 7 came out I somehow got another JOD for that, and I am not planning to go back to iPhone anytime soon.

I know, I probably seem like a fool for basically taking myself for a gigantic ride. Lol, feel free to tell me, I've earned it. Anyway, this was probably why I was told I had to give up my JOD today, lol.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I just went to t-mobile regarding my note 7 , and the reps don't know left from right, I just left because I was afraid to engage in a long discussion with the rep and for my brain to start to bleed.
Stores are such hit or miss......even corporate ones....Thats why I perfer them to just ship me a replacement

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Stores are such hit or miss......even corporate ones....Thats why I perfer them to just ship me a replacement

Even the T Force reps Twitter are contradicting each other now. This is getting ridiculous. I sent a DM this morning and got one answer, then I saw an interaction with another person where they told them the exact opposite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon