T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Stores are such hit or miss......even corporate ones....Thats why I perfer them to just ship me a replacement

Same here. I'd rather them ship me a new note 7 and I ship mine back.

I did a better alternative. I ordered a Supcase off Amazon for the S7 edge due here on Monday. I got 30 days to return it so I'll hold onto it and if I hear the Note 7 is being delayed even more then I'll swap for an s7 edge and return the note and just bring the supcase with me to the store and slap it on. It's not the best case but it will do until I can find a case I like such as a Defender style one.

IF a store doesn't have the edge I want in the color can they refund the note and ship the s7 edge to my home?

With all the confusion regarding this I'm going to try and hold off as long as I can to swap it out. I really don't want to wait two hours at the store for a refund.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Went to the tmobile store a few hours ago and got my S7 edge as a temporary replacement for the note 7...they noted my account that I can pick up the Note 7 once replacements arrive....it took forever for them to process everything....disappointed that my note 7 is gone and trust me it's a different experience with the note 7 and the note 7 is a much better device than the S7 edge and definitely not the same phone. The screen, design, and features are a night and day difference based on my real world experience,

Last edited:

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Went to the tmobile store a few hours ago and got my S7 edge as a temporary replacement for the note 7...they noted my account that I can pick up the Note 7 once replacements arrive....it took forever for them to process everything....disappointed that my note 7 is gone and trust me it's a difference experience with the note 7 and the note 7 is a much better device than the S7 edge
I decided I'm trading for the edge and just keeping it and seeing what happens with the Note 8 next year. Hopefully a flat screen and less craziness.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I will say this though, my experience today was that it indeed had to be returned and then done as a repurchase - I had to give up my JOD because I was out of upgrades, so I got switched over to regular Jump - Not what I wanted but I was too tired to even care at that point. I did have to pay the tax on the Edge but I called TMO customer service and they were more than happy to just give me back that money as a bill credit - so that was a wash out. The lady at Tmobile gave me a free LED Wallet case AND fast wireless charger to compensate for my trouble, so that was cool. I still get to keep the Gear Fit 2 that I got with my Note, and now I was able to order a free 256 gig SD card ($200 value) with the new Samsung promotion they just stated for S7 and S7 Edge purchases.

So basically, I had to go from Note 7 to Edge 7 - basically its the same phone minus the S pen and USB C - I technically didn't pay anything and what I got out of the deal (for free) is a Fast Wireless Charger, LED Wallet Case, Gear Fit 2, and 256 gig SD card. That's more than fair for the trouble this situation caused.

So I mean, yeah, part of this has been a huge inconvenience, but I'm overall happy with the Edge 7 and I do feel like both Samsung and T-Mobile did everything that they could do to make this right. So I'm fine at this point.
It's not the same phone minus the S-pen and USB C. Iris unlock, waaay better feel in the hand, better aesthetics, bigger screen.. I'm not gonna go on a rant of all the differences, but I've had the S7 Edge and the difference is night and day. In addition, you got suckered in to leaving JOD which T-Mobile has been actively encouraging because JOD gives the customer more advantage and T-Mobile less money. Not only that, but cash came out of your pocket. None of those things are good for the customer, only T-Mobile. Huge inconvenience and IMO you also got conned in the process. I'm keeping my Note 7, been using it everyday since the 18th and I'm always on my phone. This got blown way outta proportion IMO and T-Mobile used that to profit. Personally I'm not giving ONE SINGLE CENT out of pocket to T-Mobile as a result of this fiasco. I'm keeping my JOD, my Note 7, and I'm not going to live in fear of a less than .1% chance of calamity. Driving down the street and getting in a car wreck is incredibly more likely to happen, but I'm still running to the store everyday.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Went to the tmobile store a few hours ago and got my S7 edge as a temporary replacement for the note 7...they noted my account that I can pick up the Note 7 once replacements arrive....it took forever for them to process everything....disappointed that my note 7 is gone and trust me it's a different experience with the note 7 and the note 7 is a much better device than the S7 edge

I think thats subjective. I don't find the S7 Edge to be any better or worse than Note 7. Depends what you want in your device I guess.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It's not the same phone minus the S-pen and USB C. Iris unlock, waaay better feel in the hand, better aesthetics, bigger screen.. I'm not gonna go on a rant of all the differences, but I've had the S7 Edge and the difference is night and day. In addition, you got suckered in to leaving JOD which T-Mobile has been actively encouraging because JOD gives the customer more advantage and T-Mobile less money. Not only that, but cash came out of your pocket. None of those things are good for the customer, only T-Mobile. Huge inconvenience and IMO you also got conned in the process. I'm keeping my Note 7, been using it everyday since the 18th and I'm always on my phone. This got blown way outta proportion IMO and T-Mobile used that to profit. Personally I'm not giving ONE SINGLE CENT out of pocket to T-Mobile as a result of this fiasco. I'm keeping my JOD, my Note 7, and I'm not going to live in fear of a less than .1% chance of calamity. Driving down the street and getting in a car wreck is incredibly more likely to happen, but I'm still running to the store everyday.

Another option is to return the Note 7 and buy the unlocked s7 edge version from Best Buy. That way tmobile doesn't get your money. I'm toying with that idea too. If the Note 7 thing isn't sorted out soon I might just flat out return the Note 7 and buy the unlocked s7 edge from best buy.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Stores are such hit or miss......even corporate ones....Thats why I perfer them to just ship me a replacement

I do too, I ordered online because I don't like going into the store I can't even recall how many times I've had to school reps on the product they are selling me, and I wouldn't care so much if they are not knowledgeable on every single device because I understand that can be difficult but they have such attitude and don't even know what they're selling

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

Shoot man do what you gotta do I guess.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just warning people...they may not allow replacements with S7 edge or S7 starting next week since samsung is stating that those J series phones will be the official replacement until the replacement Note 7s are cleared so try to get you a decent replacement that you can live with as soon as possible......and make sure that the tmobile reps note your account that you are ensured a replacement note 7.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Just warning people...they may not allow replacements with S7 edge or S7 starting next week since samsung is stating that those J series phones will be the official replacement until the replacement Note 7s are cleared so try to get you a decent replacement that you can live with as soon as possible......and make sure that the tmobile reps note your account that you are ensured a replacement note 7.

So if I want to RETURN the Note 7 and swap for an S7 edge purchase, will that be a problem? I dont need a loaner phone. I have an S7 still. Also like others are saying if I want to hold onto my note 7 and swap it out do I need to be put on a waiting list for that too or do I walk in with my Note 7 for a new one?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So if I want to RETURN the Note 7 and swap for an S7 edge purchase, will that be a problem? I dont need a loaner phone. I have an S7 still. Also like others are saying if I want to hold onto my note 7 and swap it out do I need to be put on a waiting list for that too or do I walk in with my Note 7 for a new one?
Currently tmobile is allowing the swap out but it's a tedious process.....some tmobile reps don't have any idea how to go about this. My tmobile rep ended up calling the corporate office to get assistance. It took about 2 hours to go through all of this and guarantee me a replacement note 7.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Currently tmobile is allowing the swap out but it's a tedious process.....some tmobile reps don't have any idea how to go about this. My tmobile rep ended up calling the corporate office to get assistance. It took about 2 hours to go through all of this and guarantee me a replacement note 7.

I'm hearing the return process is a pain. They pretty much have to swap it for a new one or refund me especially if the government is involved. If they refuse to replace it I'd be contacting the local news and attorney general etc.They clearly said that they will swap it out or refund the money.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay guys, don't know if this has been said or if it's known but T-Mobile has updated it's info on the exchange policy. It appears they are allowing you to turn in your note 7 and choose any phone in their inventory to keep or use as a "Loaner'. Once new note 7 stock becomes available, bring back the loaner and get your new note. It appears this can be done by calling the number provided. Hope this helps. Here is the link

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%2Fsamsung-galaxy-note7-recall&token=vn8QvtIb

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Okay guys, don't know if this has been said or if it's known but T-Mobile has updated it's info on the exchange policy. It appears they are allowing you to turn in your note 7 and choose any phone in their inventory to keep or use as a "Loaner'. Once new note 7 stock becomes available, bring back the loaner and get your new note. It appears this can be done by calling the number provided. Hope this helps. Here is the link

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%2Fsamsung-galaxy-note7-recall&token=My_BPgaA

yea already knew that. I have an S7 so I don't need no loaner. If in another week or so we don't hear anything I'll return this for the Edge then and wait until next year. I just ordered a supcase for the edge too just in case.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I used it 5 times this year, lol. So, it definitely wasn't a rip off for me. Now, in my own defense, here is what happened - I had iPhone 6S, I JOD to S7 back when it came out, I had regrets and after a few weeks I JOD to iPhone 6S plus, a few weeks later I decided it was too big, and stupidly JOD to iPhone SE, it took me a month or so to realize my mistake before I somehow got a 4th JOD back to iPhone 6S. Then when Note 7 came out I somehow got another JOD for that, and I am not planning to go back to iPhone anytime soon.

I know, I probably seem like a fool for basically taking myself for a gigantic ride. Lol, feel free to tell me, I've earned it. Anyway, this was probably why I was told I had to give up my JOD today, lol.

You have an unusual case, and in your case it worked. Most people will only use that JOD once a year, and that's more of what I was referring to by calling it a rip off.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to add, in case anyone exchanged their Note 7s for a different color and paid the restocking fee.

I got the Note 7 silver. After a few hours, I didn't like how smudgy it looked with all those fingerprints and I didn't like how it looked in a case. So I traded it in for a black Note 7 and paid the $50 restocking fee.

I just chatted with T-Mobile and because I returned a defective device that they won't be able to resell, they refunded me the $50 restocking fee.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm glad I don't have JOD or anything. I'm on a older style account that has grandfathered cheaper texting, data etc. I just pay full retail upfront for my phones and walk right out. I'd rather pay for everything at once. I hate payments.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad I don't have JOD or anything. I'm on a older style account that has grandfathered cheaper texting, data etc. I just pay full retail upfront for my phones and walk right out. I'd rather pay for everything at once. I hate payments.
Cheaper texting? I didn't even know people got charged for that still haha :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane