T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Okay guys, don't know if this has been said or if it's known but T-Mobile has updated it's info on the exchange policy. It appears they are allowing you to turn in your note 7 and choose any phone in their inventory to keep or use as a "Loaner'. Once new note 7 stock becomes available, bring back the loaner and get your new note. It appears this can be done by calling the number provided. Hope this helps. Here is the link

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%2Fsamsung-galaxy-note7-recall&token=--Gz9F4M

If you read between the lines of the new update by T-mobile it does not look encouraging at all.

It is looking more and more likely this will take months and not weeks.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with customer support and had a good conversation and got lots of questions answered. There are two paths for note 7 returns. 1 is calling 611 they set you up with a replacement of your choosing and I was told the phone would be here by Tuesday if I choose that option. They don't bill you for the interm device as well as payments. He told me the details of sending the recalled units for that path are unknown right now. I was told they can send a screen protector too since I bought one through them for note 7. This option requires the least transactions and didn't interfere with jump or jump on demand.

The second is returning the phone in store for full refund and any accessories. They set you up with a new phone and treat it as you're buying/financing new phone. Once new note 7's come in they refund everything back and you are essentially buying the note 7 again. Doesn't count against JOD or jump.

Was told if stores deny you the opportunity to do a store loaner phone to ask employee to look at memos on account or procedures in place and it that fails to call customer service.

I'm going to get a store loaner phone since I have an 13 hour drive back home in a few days and I really don't want a ticking/charging bomb. He also told me customer service and stores are really busy this weekend with iPhone 7 launch *roll eyes* but corporate and retail stores not third party can do the exchange.

As far as accessories goes he said return as much as you can with original box and note 7 replacements will come in brand new boxes with all original accessories.

Now just have to decide between the s7 or s7 edge or maybe even note 5

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
If you read between the lines of the new update by T-mobile it does not look encouraging at all.

I have JOD... the Note 7 was my 3rd jump, my next jump is due until late November. If I get a loaner, will that affect my JOD status? I read someone was migrated back to an older Jump program? I don't want that. I wouldn't mind a loaner if it doesn't affect my JOD status.

edit* I guess MVSMITH just answered my question. Thank you.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Agreed, my wife said she will just get an S7E and use that as a loaner since there is no ETA on the new note's

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping to keep my Note 7 until the replacements arrived. Glad for once I procrastinated and did not send my Note back (I used Jump upgrade from Note 5 to Note7) . I called T-Mobile this morning to find out if I could just return the Note 7, get my down payment back, and keep the Note 5. The Rep actually had to ask a supervisor if that was OK. I will be keeping the Note 5 until the new Note 7's arrive. Or maybe I will upgrade to the LG V20 or the new Google phone if T-Mobile carries it.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad I don't have JOD or anything. I'm on a older style account that has grandfathered cheaper texting, data etc. I just pay full retail upfront for my phones and walk right out. I'd rather pay for everything at once. I hate payments.
Lol for as much as you change your mind Tmobile must really love you lolol.

(Don't take me too seriously BTW, I'm just messing with you)
I was hoping to keep my Note 7 until the replacements arrived. Glad for once I procrastinated and did not send my Note back (I used Jump upgrade from Note 5 to Note7) . I called T-Mobile this morning to find out if I could just return the Note 7, get my down payment back, and keep the Note 5. The Rep actually had to ask a supervisor if that was OK. I will be keeping the Note 5 until the new Note 7's arrive. Or maybe I will upgrade to the LG V20 or the new Google phone if T-Mobile carries it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I was told by Tforce that I can't ship mine back to T-Mobile. I have to take it to a store. He also said if I stick with a Samsung device in the meantime the process should be smoother to get a replacement Note 7. Doing it that way would create a replacement order so I don't pay anything out of pocket.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I ended up returning my Note 7 for s7 edge. It took like 3 hours. I may go back and get the Note 7. Originally I was planning on the edge being a replacement, but I just don't feel like switching phones again so we'll see.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So if I want to RETURN the Note 7 and swap for an S7 edge purchase, will that be a problem? I dont need a loaner phone. I have an S7 still. Also like others are saying if I want to hold onto my note 7 and swap it out do I need to be put on a waiting list for that too or do I walk in with my Note 7 for a new one?
I just went to the store. I was in and out in half an hour. The people in their were actually pleasant and knew what to do. They already had instructions printed out for people doing this. They refunded what I had paid for the Note and called 611 and had them do something on the system then charged me for the S7 Edge. I went to Best Buy and got the OtterBox Defender. Once I put it on the phone and see how it works I'll let you know.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I just went to the store. I was in and out in half an hour. The people in their were actually pleasant and knew what to do. They already had instructions printed out for people doing this. They refunded what I had paid for the Note and called 611 and had them do something on the system then charged me for the S7 Edge. I went to Best Buy and got the OtterBox Defender. Once I put it on the phone and see how it works I'll let you know.
They charged you too? I got charged the tax for the S7 Edge today, which surprised me. I called customer service afterward and they gave me a bill credit back.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I would love for the replacement devices to have the Exynos processor.......too bad it most likely want...and for those switching to the iPhone...that phone does not replace a note 7....the closest replacement is the Galaxy S7 edge
Exynos has a weaker wi-fi module than snapdragon 820.

It also has USB 2.0 as opposed to 3.1 but that's not really meaningful to any of us.

Snapdragon isn't worse than the exynos imo. Seems like it's just hearsay that eventually took off.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So if you return your Note 7 and get a loaner what about billing? Are you still paying the price for the Note 7? Are you paying for the loaner (that you didn't want)? Will there be no payments until this is all sorted?
Anyone delt with that yet?

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to keep this phone and just see how the next Note plays out. I have some cases and stuff I don't really need for the Note 7 that I would give away.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So if you return your Note 7 and get a loaner what about billing? Are you still paying the price for the Note 7? Are you paying for the loaner (that you didn't want)? Will there be no payments until this is all sorted?
Anyone delt with that yet?
a1ee5bf92e26123348f395ca3f0c6d9f.jpg

This is what they told me on twitter regarding payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.