Status
Not open for further replies.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Just got off the phone with customer support and had a good conversation and got lots of questions answered. There are two paths for note 7 returns. 1 is calling 611 they set you up with a replacement of your choosing and I was told the phone would be here by Tuesday if I choose that option. They don't bill you for the interm device as well as payments. He told me the details of sending the recalled units for that path are unknown right now. I was told they can send a screen protector too since I bought one through them for note 7. This option requires the least transactions and didn't interfere with jump or jump on demand.

The second is returning the phone in store for full refund and any accessories. They set you up with a new phone and treat it as you're buying/financing new phone. Once new note 7's come in they refund everything back and you are essentially buying the note 7 again. Doesn't count against JOD or jump.

Was told if stores deny you the opportunity to do a store loaner phone to ask employee to look at memos on account or procedures in place and it that fails to call customer service.

I'm going to get a store loaner phone since I have an 13 hour drive back home in a few days and I really don't want a ticking/charging bomb. He also told me customer service and stores are really busy this weekend with iPhone 7 launch *roll eyes* but corporate and retail stores not third party can do the exchange.

As far as accessories goes he said return as much as you can with original box and note 7 replacements will come in brand new boxes with all original accessories.

Now just have to decide between the s7 or s7 edge or maybe even note 5

Wait, TUE the replacements are in!!!!!

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking this might be for Europe and other countries.

The CPSC hasnt even made it official yet (which i am assuming they will next week) so i find it VERY VERY hard to believe new units will
start arriving on Sept 19th.
Yeah I see that now... Well hopefully we get that too...

anon(10021234)

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Just called t-mobile. The person had no clue what's going on. He looked up the issue and try to tell me I have to wait for new note7 batch to arrive. I told him that this not clear and could take weeks. In the meantime I need a phone to use. I then asked him for a loaner. He tried to convince me to exchange my note with a s7 and keep it permanently. I pointed him to the t-mobile announcement today, of which he was totally unaware of. After 30 minutes and talking to his supervisor they finally agreed on sending me a s7 edge which I can keep until new fixed note 7 arrives.

Not sure why I had to educate him. So instead of waiting 2 hours at a tmob shop you can also waste 30 min on the phone, but be prepared to remain firm and have all facts right.

Good luck

Treonday

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Called T-Mobile to weigh my options, and was informed that the iPhone 6 plus I jumped to the Note from is still due. Now they're sending me a loaner S7. What a mess. Guess I'll go ahead and ride this out until the replacement Note 7 units come in. Hopefully it doesn't take too long and it better be worth the inconvenience.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Just got back from t-mobile and att. I jag a benter experience than my friend with AT&T. Initially they refused getting me a loaner phone saying I have to order one to be delivered I told them I can't because of my 13+ driveback home with my time bomb of a note 7. I thought all hope was lost until my friend helped and they saw the notes in my account from talking to customer support prior. They said they were going to get me an s7 and I asked for an s7 edge.

They got me one, took back my screen protector and installed a full body one on the s7 edge. Diddnt have to give back the box or any accessories. They told me call the 611 number to get my replacement ordered. They said I mail back the s7 edge and can the box and all accessories in it. Or I can pick up new note 7 in store when they come in.

Liking the s7 edge just at best buy to get a case or I'll go to frys. Best of luck to other people as my friend is doing for att call corporate if they won't give you a loaner in store.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from t-mobile and att. I jag a benter experience than my friend with AT&T. Initially they refused getting me a loaner phone saying I have to order one to be delivered I told them I can't because of my 13+ driveback home with my time bomb of a note 7. I thought all hope was lost until my friend helped and they saw the notes in my account from talking to customer support prior. They said they were going to get me an s7 and I asked for an s7 edge.

They got me one, took back my screen protector and installed a full body one on the s7 edge. Diddnt have to give back the box or any accessories. They told me call the 611 number to get my replacement ordered. They said I mail back the s7 edge and can the box and all accessories in it. Or I can pick up new note 7 in store when they come in.

Liking the s7 edge just at best buy to get a case or I'll go to frys. Best of luck to other people as my friend is doing for att call corporate if they won't give you a loaner in store.
I just got it this afternoon and I'm really liking it so far. I put on an OtterBox defender and the phone really feels protected. It was a little annoying at first but now I'm used to it with the built in screen protector. Once they update the AOD to be more like the Note 7 it will be perfect.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Replacement from T-mobile

Just started the process of getting a temporary s7 edge while waiting for the new notes to come in and it sounds like the may be in a couple of weeks. I take it with a grain of salt though.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Replacement from T-mobile

I was at T Mobile and Best Buy today. They both said they expect replacement Note 7's early next week. We'll see.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad that TMO is handling this well. The only thing they could do better is give loaner phones. I'm really surprised

Just got of chat inbox messages with T-force and sending me free of charge a S7 EDGE AND free case. I have to bring it and my recall note 7 to the retail stores to exchange for a replacement Note 7 when they come in Friday

Cvsing

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
T mobile has been giving me the run around all day. Before going to the store I called and specifically aske d about getting a loaner until the new batch of n7 are available and he said it shouldn't be a problem. When I get there the manager said that they didn't give loaners out in store and i had to call 611. So I call 611, they tell me that policy just updated and that they could have a s7 shipped out next day as a loaner, the lady gave me another number to call in order to order my replacement, but when I call this number the lady on the other side has no clue what's going on and says that she couldn't send out a loaner and that I had to get one from the store.

With everything that is going on in I'm surprised t mobile let me walk out the store with it. They don't seem at all concerned. This was the second time I tried to get a loaner. The first when the recall was first started and the second today.

tripleblaze

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
T mobile has been giving me the run around all day. Before going to the store I called and specifically aske d about getting a loaner until the new batch of n7 are available and he said it shouldn't be a problem. When I get there the manager said that they didn't give loaners out in store and i had to call 611. So I call 611, they tell me that policy just updated and that they could have a s7 shipped out next day as a loaner, the lady gave me another number to call in order to order my replacement, but when I call this number the lady on the other side has no clue what's going on and says that she couldn't send out a loaner and that I had to get one from the store.

With everything that is going on in I'm surprised t mobile let me walk out the store with it. They don't seem at all concerned. This was the second time I tried to get a loaner. The first when the recall was first started and the second today.
Have you called 1-844-275-9309 as directed on https://explore.t-mobile.com/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall#2

Status
Not open for further replies.