T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
T mobile has been giving me the run around all day. Before going to the store I called and specifically aske d about getting a loaner until the new batch of n7 are available and he said it shouldn't be a problem. When I get there the manager said that they didn't give loaners out in store and i had to call 611. So I call 611, they tell me that policy just updated and that they could have a s7 shipped out next day as a loaner, the lady gave me another number to call in order to order my replacement, but when I call this number the lady on the other side has no clue what's going on and says that she couldn't send out a loaner and that I had to get one from the store.

With everything that is going on in I'm surprised t mobile let me walk out the store with it. They don't seem at all concerned. This was the second time I tried to get a loaner. The first when the recall was first started and the second today.
I called the 844-275-9309 number. They were a little clueless at first but I explained the website directed me to call. After 40 mins, new s7e on its way and I'm to keep my n7 until they get the new ones in.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
T mobile has been giving me the run around all day. Before going to the store I called and specifically aske d about getting a loaner until the new batch of n7 are available and he said it shouldn't be a problem. When I get there the manager said that they didn't give loaners out in store and i had to call 611. So I call 611, they tell me that policy just updated and that they could have a s7 shipped out next day as a loaner, the lady gave me another number to call in order to order my replacement, but when I call this number the lady on the other side has no clue what's going on and says that she couldn't send out a loaner and that I had to get one from the store.

With everything that is going on in I'm surprised t mobile let me walk out the store with it. They don't seem at all concerned. This was the second time I tried to get a loaner. The first when the recall was first started and the second today.

T-Mobile told me the same thing at the store about not giving out loaners, they are clueless and like you said they don't even seem concerned.

Cvsing

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I called the 844-275-9309 number. They were a little clueless at first but I explained the website directed me to call. After 40 mins, new s7e on its way and I'm to keep my n7 until they get the new ones in.

I tried the number twice withon the last 30 minutes and all I got was spanish.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The two times i've called the Tmobile store in my town they actually seemed to know the procedures for the Note 7 and the process to do the returns and I was kinda of shocked actually! Usually that isn't the case with them. Also regarding the gubermint, from what we've heard from another poster, best buy at least some stores already have the units but the government hasn't gave them okay yet. While the news said a couple days ago they were looking into it, IMO the government and Samsung were probably talking about this for nearly a week now. They wouldn't have produced all those Note 7 units before they thought they would get approved by the government. Way too big of a financial risk to produce a million new units when it's all over the news the issues with it. They're not stupid.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Replacement from T-mobile

Well, I wonder if that'll be more procedural... The hows and whys as to what happened... As for the new phones, that shouldn't take long for Samsung to show they are safe.

Agreed - based on the details noted in the story outlining how they found the issue, along with the fact they've identified the source of the issue is with the new batteries made by SDI, all Samsung should need to show is that they're now sourcing the replacements with batteries from the known "good" stock. Unless there's something different with the manufacturing process between the bad batch and the "good" (Chinese) batch... ;)

tripleblaze

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site

Did they ask for a credit card to place a temporary hold on or anything like that? Are you on JOD? My main hesitation on taking any action at this point is that I don't want them to screw up anything to do with my JOD or count the loaner and/or replacement Note 7 as one of my Jumps.

Cvsing

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I called again and this time it went to English. She came on the line and within 2 minutes asked me what loaner phone I wanted. I actually enjoyed speaking with her. She was very pleasant, engaged in conversation and got everything straightened out. Glad it's over.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I just got it this afternoon and I'm really liking it so far. I put on an OtterBox defender and the phone really feels protected. It was a little annoying at first but now I'm used to it with the built in screen protector. Once they update the AOD to be more like the Note 7 it will be perfect.

All the Best Buys on the West Coast of FL from Naples up to Pasco county do not have any S7 edge cases in stock! Only one I could find was ATT in sarasota but those computer estimates always iffy. Any other suggestions where to buy it at? Verizon near me also doesn't have it in stock. Amazon doesn't even have it back ordered so I dunno if they will ever get them in again. I got a supcase coming on Monday if I decide on Wed to return the Note 7. However knowing my luck I return the 7 then the next day the gubermint allows the stores to start swapping for new ones.

My luck really seems to suck.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Did they ask for a credit card to place a temporary hold on or anything like that? Are you on JOD? My main hesitation on taking any action at this point is that I don't want them to screw up anything to do with my JOD or count the loaner and/or replacement Note 7 as one of my Jumps.
No credit card hold. Just built out a separate eip. They didn't touch my current phone with the JOD N7 on it. I'm sure the will send specific instructions once Samsung gets it all finalized. As of right now, no changes to my account at all.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I called again and this time it went to English. She came on the line and within 2 minutes asked me what loaner phone I wanted. I actually enjoyed speaking with her. She was very pleasant, engaged in conversation and got everything straightened out. Glad it's over.
That's good to hear. Glad it worked out for you!

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
All the Best Buys on the West Coast of FL from Naples up to Pasco county do not have any S7 edge cases in stock! Only one I could find was ATT in sarasota but those computer estimates always iffy. Any other suggestions where to buy it at? Verizon near me also doesn't have it in stock. Amazon doesn't even have it back ordered so I dunno if they will ever get them in again. I got a supcase coming on Monday if I decide on Wed to return the Note 7. However knowing my luck I return the 7 then the next day the gubermint allows the stores to start swapping for new ones.

My luck really seems to suck.
I like how it looks and the protection but the touch sensitivity is not that great. I will most likely remove the built in protector and put something else in. Or I will call OtterBox like I saw someone else do in another thread and they sent them an updated one which worked better.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Maybe there is another one. The one I saw said for purchases on 9/8, 9/9, 9/10. Just did it.
ad09e464f1c6125aec65f57fbcb316a2.jpg

Was it this one?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I like how it looks and the protection but the touch sensitivity is not that great. I will most likely remove the built in protector and put something else in. Or I will call OtterBox like I saw someone else do in another thread and they sent them an updated one which worked better.

I hear if you remove the protector on the Edge versions that the shell becomes really loose someone said. That could explain why everyone is out because they stopped making them for awhile. Lots of complains about the screen issue with it.

There are a couple generic defender style cases on amazon. I think one has built in protector and one doesn't Might want to give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.