T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I've given up at this point and am keeping my Note until there is a replacement. This is 3 hours of my life I'm not getting back. Every person has a different answer and it changes every 5 minutes.
I'm pretty disappointed in how this whole thing is being handled. I was ready to just turn my Note in and get something else. Then I realized there's really nothing else I want that T-Mobile carries. Thought about professing an iPhone 7 Plus, but didn't really want to wait that long either. We'll see how it goes.

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty disappointed in how this whole thing is being handled. I was ready to just turn my Note in and get something else. Then I realized there's really nothing else I want that T-Mobile carries. Thought about professing an iPhone 7 Plus, but didn't really want to wait that long either. We'll see how it goes.
I was thinking the same. IPhone 7, LG V20, new Google phones...still all a few weeks out.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you guys just swap them for a loaner in store and avoid all the hassle? You will need to sign a new EIP since that's how they have documentation of you taking the phone and agreeing to pay for it until it's returned.

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you guys just swap them for a loaner in store and avoid all the hassle? You will need to sign a new EIP since that's how they have documentation of you taking the phone and agreeing to pay for it until it's returned.
Effective tonight, they are no longer doing loaners at stores. This came from the 2 stores I went to, and T Force on Twitter.

I can't comment much on the EIP yet, because I cannot even open it. Laws in my state prohibit me from viewing it or signing it from a mobile device. I'll have to look at it tomorrow from a laptop. However, if it looks like I'm financing a new phone, I'm not comfortable with that. They stated to me over Twitter that there is zero charge for the phone because it's a loaner. I keep the S7E and my Note7 until they can get me a new Note7, then they would figure out how I get the other devices back to them. That wasn't worked out yet. On the other hand, if it only states I send them back the S7E when they ask for it or they start charging me for it, I'm fine with it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
My biggest reasons for not wanting to go through a store are the headaches so many others had to go through and the fact that the closest stores to me are an hour and a half away round trip. Plus the time it would take to do the loaner could take a couple hours. I only have one day off this week. The last thing I wanna do is deal with that headache.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Effective tonight, they are no longer doing loaners at stores. This came from the 2 stores I went to, and T Force on Twitter.

I can't comment much on the EIP yet, because I cannot even open it. Laws in my state prohibit me from viewing it or signing it from a mobile device. I'll have to look at it tomorrow from a laptop. However, if it looks like I'm financing a new phone, I'm not comfortable with that. They stated to me over Twitter that there is zero charge for the phone because it's a loaner. I keep the S7E and my Note7 until they can get me a new Note7, then they would figure out how I get the other devices back to them. That wasn't worked out yet. On the other hand, if it only states I send them back the S7E when they ask for it or they start charging me for it, I'm fine with it.
I got my S7E loaner last night. What they mean by "not cost you anything," is that you don't pay any of the taxes/down payment/re-stocking fee, etc. But I can tell you with 100% confidence that you're signing a new EIP and paying the monthly installments for the loaner as long as you have it. I have a copy of the EIP right in front of me.

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got my S7E loaner last night. What they mean by "not cost you anything," is that you don't pay any of the taxes/down payment/re-stocking fee, etc. But I can tell you with 100% confidence that you're signing a new EIP and paying the monthly installments for the loaner as long as you have it. I have a copy of the EIP right in front of me.
Which in a way makes sense. However, if you aren't able to get your replacement Note before your next billing cycle, then you're making payments on 2 phones. Doesn't feel like a loaner at that point. We shouldn't have to get stuck paying for 2 phones.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
My biggest reasons for not wanting to go through a store are the headaches so many others had to go through and the fact that the closest stores to me are an hour and a half away round trip. Plus the time it would take to do the loaner could take a couple hours. I only have one day off this week. The last thing I wanna do is deal with that headache.

Same here. Only one near me is about 12 miles away and is always busy. Other wise I have to go about 40 miles north to hit more stores, or nearly 30 miles to my south. I don't feel like spending over an hour to return and get an edge or Note 7 exchange. I'd rather just do it via mail again. If I lived up in St. Louis still, I had 3 stores within two miles of me and the wait time wouldn't nearly be as long. I hate going to those carrier stores. ATT store was easier to deal with when I bought my case two weeks ago I wanted that they had. Took just a couple minutes while tmobile store last I bought a case from them when I wasn't buying a phone took 10 minutes.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

And this is exactly why I warned people to go get there loaner phones asap....yes you will have to sign a new eip...that's their only proof you have the device for now...but your account should definitely be noted that you will be receiving a replacement note 7...this is why I took screen shots of my twitter direct messages as well and ensured that their reps typed me up a statement ensuring I will get my note 7.....

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Which in a way makes sense. However, if you aren't able to get your replacement Note before your next billing cycle, then you're making payments on 2 phones. Doesn't feel like a loaner at that point. We shouldn't have to get stuck paying for 2 phones.
They are crediting my account with no eip payments until I get my note 7...I ensured this with both the store manager and a corporate rep...so no eip payments for now in regards to the note 7 and my temporary s7 edge

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And this is exactly why I warned people to go get there loaner phones asap....yes you will have to sign a new eip...that's their only proof you have the device for now...but your account should definitely be noted that you will be receiving a replacement note 7...this is why I took screen shots of my twitter direct messages as well and ensured that their reps typed me up a statement ensuring I will get my note 7.....
No doubt. I've been keeping track and screenshots of everything too. The benefit of Twitter DM.

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They are crediting my account with no eip payments until I get my note 7...I ensured this with both the store manager and a corporate rep...so no eip payments for now in regards to the note 7 and my temporary s7 edge
Thanks, this is good info. I'll try to get the level of proof. I want to believe everything they're telling me, but I just don't have confidence in it with the way the entire situation has been handled.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I went to T-Mobile this afternoon. I arrived at a good time because I didn't have to wait for service. That being said, it took an, hour and a half to process the return of the Note 7. The Rep was having a hard time because I had the Note 7 for more than 14 days and the EIP was in the system. Than there was the fact that I had ordered the Note 7 online so I didn't have a sales receipt. She had to call Customer Care twice. First to get the written instructions and a second time to have someone walk her through the process because the instructions were incomplete. She also needed to see a copy of the EIP to see how much of a refund I was owed. Finally after processing the return, she than had to turn the EIP for my Note 5 back on. That only took a few minutes. I wasn't interested in getting a S7 edge. Plus all my data and apps were already on my Note 5 so I didn't have to deal with the hassle of Smart Switch.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site

I notice between this morning and now TMobile took off the Note 7 shipping estimates, Definitely a bad sign

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
A quick question: It is very unclear how the EIP payments are to be done if one was getting a loaner from T-mobile. Say, if I get S7 Edge from T-mobile as a loaner, will I be making EIP payment for that until Note 7 comes? Or, will I continue to make payments for Note 7 (and not for S7 Edge)? Or, will I not make payments for either of those?

This is a big mess....

Osho

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I got the s7 edge and just realized these people put a 555 dollar bill credit on my account. Wtf. I better not get screwed over with anything later.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I got the s7 edge and just realized these people put a 555 dollar bill credit on my account. Wtf. I better not get screwed over with anything later.

That's sucks!!
I gave it a lot of thinking over the weekend and I'm going to go into my TMobile store today and give back my Note 7 and order the iPhone 7 plus. I have my s7 edge in the house that will hold me over. I'll come back around when the s8 releases next year... 😔

Status
Not open for further replies.