T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvmynad

May 12, 2016
Visit site
My daughter has the s7edge and it is a good phone but the note 7 is the best phone that i have ever had and i have had every note since the note2. The battery life is astounding. I'm not a power user but consider myself a heavy user. the note7 blazes through everything i throw at it and after a 12 hour day I still have around 50% battery life left. I do also use the spen on a regular basis.

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
So I found out this morning that my loaner order from yesterday was done incorrectly so after wasting 4.5 hours of my weekend trying to do something that shouldn't be too difficult, I was back at the beginning again.

I ended up calling T-Mobile corporate and was transferred to a Corporate Account Rep and they handled everything and I feel much more confident it was done correctly.

The ball has really been dropped with this whole thing and, it really feels T-Mobile doesn't really have a sense of urgency about everything. I feel like if they did, none us would have such a hard time with the process...just my two sense. With that said, I will still remain loyal.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Or just go exchange for an S7E and cut your loss and try this again in March when the S8 is out. That seems like the best plan at this point. Hey you'l at least get a VR or 256 sd card out of it for free with the new promotion.
Agreed. A bonus 256 gb card is at least some compensation for this mess.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
My daughter has the s7edge and it is a good phone but the note 7 is the best phone that i have ever had and i have had every note since the note2. The battery life is astounding. I'm not a power user but consider myself a heavy user. the note7 blazes through everything i throw at it and after a 12 hour day I still have around 50% battery life left. I do also use the spen on a regular basis.
Well the s7 edge is the better performer and it's not even debatable (same hardware, less processes running on it).

Only thing keeping me from the edge is that I don't know if it'll get GraceUX. I've also grown fond of the Note's subtler edges.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I agree that the Note is a great phone. Im going to continue to use my phone until the replacement phones are sent out. I have had zero heat issues, and I use all types of charging that's available. Wireless. Fast charging. In car using Android Auto. I have a spare S6 laying around, but I'm comfortable using the Note.

jayjay234

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
can we just return the phone for a full refund without getting a loaner or exchange with GS7 or edge?

unfortunately ive lost faith in Samsung (at least this year) and gonna use my nexus 4 until the new pixel release.

thanks in advance

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

sorry, I'll have to disagree with this. Had the Note 7 last week, have the S7E this week, S7E without question has very noticeably better battery life. I will however agree that the Note 7 is the better overall device.

Luvmynad

May 12, 2016
Visit site
called the 844 number again and this time i got someone who seemed to know what was going on and in a couple minutes he said to wait for the email to arrive and e-sign the EIP and that even though it will show a charge, i will not get charged for it. He guaranteed that it will be free to use until the replacement note shows up. He even noted that the phone call was recorded and i could always refer to that if a dispute ever came up about a charge.

svann9421

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I went into a T mobile shop today (Alexandria, VA; Old Town) with the intention of walking out with a replacement until the new batch of Note 7's are available. The shop employees had no idea what to do and stuck me on the phone with a call center rep. I was given the option of 'loaning' out only a Samsung phone, which will be shipped to me by Wednesday at the latest. Unfortunate, as I hoped to walk out with a replacement, considering the direction from Samsung is to cease use immediately.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I really expected to get a good sense of direction today from when the new Note 7's might possibly be available but it sounds like things are just getting more and more chaotic.

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll be heading to a store in a few hours to return mine. I had hopes of waiting a few more days but it's starting to get particularly warm for no reason, more so than usual, and I just don't want to wait and risk it. I don't have the box or anything, is that going to be even more of a problem?

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I'll be heading to a store in a few hours to return mine. I had hopes of waiting a few more days but it's starting to get particularly warm for no reason, more so than usual, and I just don't want to wait and risk it. I don't have the box or anything, is that going to be even more of a problem?
It depends on the store, rep, amount of karma going for you today, alignment of the sun and moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.