T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I called the 844 number and they knew exactly what was going on and offered me any phone as a 'loaner'

However, it looks like I can do this at a physical store now? I would rather do that than having a phone shipped to me. I got the EIP email, but have not signed it yet, so technically the order can/will be canceled.

Kyd justus

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Just solidified a loaner S7 edge though @tmobilehelp. Great experience, didn't take to long, rep was awesome. Signed the EIP and everything.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
My T-Mobile store was no help at all.

So, what exactly is the full phone number. I keep seeing "844" number.

ef64303a584ae1c686bb73f00df902b4.jpg

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I've talked to 3 reps in the last hour about what I need to do to exchange my phone and just get a new one. Each one has said something completely different.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I just called the 844 number. Rep answered in about thirty seconds. Got some basic information from me. Said they would overnight Note 5 to me. Super painless. Very helpful. Must have got lucky. Not sure I'll use it, but it's nice to know it's available.

Cappaccinodagreat

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
My local store claimed they had no idea about a loaner program.

Called the phone number and the rep told me that all of the stores have been notified to do an exchange.

She set me up with a S7 Edge to be delivered to my job in a few days. When new Note 7 is available, I return the loaner and old Note 7, for a new Note 7 and accessory replacement.

Hope that all goes smooth and happens quickly.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My local store claimed they had no idea about a loaner program.

Called the phone number and the rep told me that all of the stores have been notified to do an exchange.

She set me up with a S7 Edge to be delivered to my job in a few days. When new Note 7 is available, I return the loaner and old Note 7, for a new Note 7 and accessory replacement.

Hope that all goes smooth and happens quickly.

So u keep the Note 7 or u have to return it right away? Or u keep it until u get a replacement ...?

CardsFan80

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
Seems everyone is getting different info. even over the phone. I was told that my S7 will have return labels for my S7 loaner and my defective Note 7, and that the new Note 7 will be shipped to me when available, then I ship the other two devices back. My loaner S7 is shipped.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Well the s7 edge is the better performer and it's not even debatable (same hardware, less processes running on it).

Only thing keeping me from the edge is that I don't know if it'll get GraceUX. I've also grown fond of the Note's subtler edges.
Yes the s7 edge is faster than the note 7 and does not lag at all unlike the note 7...I just prefer the additional features of the note 7

zeroVerni8

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Welp, my experience so far has not been to great with how the T-Mobile is handling this voluntary "recall". Went to a store to get a refund, told couldn't since I flat out paid for it and also got it from T-Mobile.com. Was provided a UPS shipping label and told to ship out phone and I "should" get a refund back. Person did not sound to sure. Called the 844 number and spoke with a rep saying that was the wrong procedure and that we should go back to the store.

Went to another store, told them what happened. They started the refund process with no issues until they found my phone "canceled". Guess when the first person tried to help me, they did it the old way the stores were first told to do and not the current way it is being handled. Unfortunately, could not get my refund in store and just got back from shipping the phone out.

I love my Note 7, really wished it wasn't plagued with the battery issue since mine worked. Only got hot when I was playing games, but still holdable. Did not overcharge it. Would have waited till the new Note 7s came out, but family was urging me to just return it since the media has been blasting it so much.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Just called up the toll free number and have my replacement phone on the way. No wait for a rep to get on the line either. Very simple process. I am glad that I am getting a different phone as I recently saw that carriers are not expecting to have large quantities available until October or November. While I am sure my phone is ok (made in China) I just hate to take the risk and hearing about that kid that had one blow up in his hands is enough to make me want to be SURE that mine won't be one of the next ones to go KA-BOOM!

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Man, I'm never buying a phone from carriers again. Glad I was able to return mine hassle free.

Was the first time in 4 years I've bought a carrier phone. Back to buying unlocked.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
While I am sure my phone is ok (made in China) I just hate to take the risk and hearing about that kid that had one blow up in his hands is enough to make me want to be SURE that mine won't be one of the next ones to go KA-BOOM!

My understanding is that they actually don't go Kaboom! They start heating up and expanding and then seeping the insides out and getting very hot and basically creating a fire if you don't notice it in time and it's in an area that has flammable materials.

My phone has been working awesome and I'm holding on to it until I get it replaced with another Note 7. I'm just being careful with it and not placing it anywhere that will spark a fire in the event it does overheat and bulge out.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Man, I'm never buying a phone from carriers again. Glad I was able to return mine hassle free.

Was the first time in 4 years I've bought a carrier phone. Back to buying unlocked.

If we didn't want a replacement Note 7 then we could return them hassle free as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.