T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripleblaze

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
My understanding is that they actually don't go Kaboom! They start heating up and expanding and then seeping the insides out and getting very hot and basically creating a fire if you don't notice it in time and it's in an area that has flammable materials.

My phone has been working awesome and I'm holding on to it until I get it replaced with another Note 7. I'm just being careful with it and not placing it anywhere that will spark a fire in the event it does overheat and bulge out.

That's my understanding as well, I have yet to see a situation mentioned where the phone actually EXPLODES as all of the click-bait headlines like to say. Saying EXPLODE creates dramatic images of the phone sending shrapnel flying through the air.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
My understanding is that they actually don't go Kaboom! They start heating up and expanding and then seeping the insides out and getting very hot and basically creating a fire if you don't notice it in time and it's in an area that has flammable materials.

My phone has been working awesome and I'm holding on to it until I get it replaced with another Note 7. I'm just being careful with it and not placing it anywhere that will spark a fire in the event it does overheat and bulge out.

Mine has been working great as well but then the thought of liability hit me. Mine is a pre-order that I got on the 18th and has been working great... honestly this is the best battery life I have ever gotten out of a cell phone. I decided I would just hang onto it until a replacement is available; I would simply completely power it off at night and then in the morning power it on and charge it while I was reading the news and then take it off the charger when I started getting ready which is usually enough time time get it to 100%. I had seen reports that when the battery ruptured it wasn't always on a charger so that got me to thinking. Should something happen (I think the chances are slim but you never know), I would be liable for all damages. Samsung has issued emails telling people to power off the device and exchange it for another phone or a loaner, so if I didn't act on their warnings and went against their instructions they are no longer liable. They did everything they can do but come to my home and yank it out of my hands. My insurance company would probably tell me to pound sand because I did not follow the instructions of the manufacturer regarding the recall, therefore I would have been negligent and they won't cover any damages. Again I think it's a slim chance of anything actually happening but felt it was better to be safe than sorry so I ordered a loaner today.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
That's my understanding as well, I have yet to see a situation mentioned where the phone actually EXPLODES as all of the click-bait headlines like to say. Saying EXPLODE creates dramatic images of the phone sending shrapnel flying through the air.

Just called customer service, was offer a 128gb iphone 7 plus no down payment.. Might take the up on that offer

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I asked yesterday on twitter about when Notes come in. the rep told me 2-4 weeks jargon as usual. Does anyone know when? You read on here and see all different dates thrown around on these threads. Some are saying this wed they heard from Best Buy, same say this Friday.

Should I just return the phone and buy an S7 Edge? My problem is I do and knowing my luck the Notes get released.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I asked yesterday on twitter about when Notes come in. the rep told me 2-4 weeks jargon as usual. Does anyone know when? You read on here and see all different dates thrown around on these threads. Some are saying this wed they heard from Best Buy, same say this Friday.

Should I just return the phone and buy an S7 Edge? My problem is I do and knowing my luck the Notes get released.

I wouldnt count on it anytime soon bro. It seems to be if anything, WORSE today than it was. I'd just go ahead and switch out.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I wouldnt count on it anytime soon bro. It seems to be if anything, WORSE today than it was. I'd just go ahead and switch out.

My Supcase came in for the S7 edge today. I figured order an edge case and if the Notes come out then just send it back to Amazon. I'm really getting annoyed by this whole process. They need to be more clear on a timetable.

With the government I really think Apple could be pressing them too. Announcing it the day pre orders of Iphones go on sale is just plain fishy.

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
For what is worth, I spoke with Samsung earlier today and the guy told me new N7s will start shipping out on the 19th. Can't speak to how valid that is but thought I would share.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
For what is worth, I spoke with Samsung earlier today and the guy told me new N7s will start shipping out on the 19th. Can't speak to how valid that is but thought I would share.

That's what I don't understand. Why won't they just make a press release with it so we can decide what we want to do?

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
It doesnt make any sense but who knows what they are thinking. Hopefully they will come at this with a well thought out approach and make things proper with all of us pre-order owner's. It's been a huge hassle to deal with. I wasted over 5 hours this weekend at today dealing with it.

Regardless, I will remain loyal.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I called the 1-844 number and spoke with a very nice young lady. She went over what I had to do get a loaner phone. I went with a silver S7E. I did that because I already had a case for my old S7E that I just sent back a few weeks ago before all this fiasco began. She said it would be sent out overnight by UPS. So I should get it by Wednesday, I had it sent to my work so I know for sure I will get it. I'm just waiting for the EIP by email to sign. Those who had to sign a EIP agreement how long did it take to receive it? She said it could take up to 20hrs...ouch. :eek:...that long. Better not be that long.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone able to get their 69.99 down payment refunded? I have been jerked around for 7 business days now with T-Mobile. Nobody knows how to do it and constantly passes the buck to someone else. I am very close to disputing it with my bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34