T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
So for those of you who got the replacement S7 or S7Edge, don't forget to go to the Samsung Promotions website to get your Gear VR or 256gb memory card. The Gear VR is the updated version. Yep, I'm going to get my Note back, but whatever, I'm eligible for the promotion since I have a new device. Make sure you get yours too. I submitted the promotion on Sunday, it has already been approved and is being prepared for shipment.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
So for those of you who got the replacement S7 or S7Edge, don't forget to go to the Samsung Promotions website to get your Gear VR or 256gb memory card. The Gear VR is the updated version. Yep, I'm going to get my Note back, but whatever, I'm eligible for the promotion since I have a new device. Make sure you get yours too. I submitted the promotion on Sunday, it has already been approved and is being prepared for shipment.
Oh yeah, I double dipped too. That's the LEAST that they should do for everyone that's had to go through this insanity.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I think everybody should count there losses and just switch to another device. This is a big black eye for Samsung, I'm the first one to say a couple weeks ago it wasn't a big deal but I change my mind it's definitely not safe having this device

According to reports coming out today Samsung has lost $26 billion in Market Value over the last 2 months.

I am sure the Note 7 fiasco is not helping at all.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
So I spoke with T-Mobile and they said if you exchanged a phone for a loaner then when the new replacement comes in it might take longer to get it because they will replace the ones that kept the phone 1st just keep that in mind. Also it will count as a jump if on JOD

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So I spoke with T-Mobile and they said if you exchanged a phone for a loaner then when the new replacement comes in it might take longer to get it because they will replace the ones that kept the phone 1st just keep that in mind. Also it will count as a jump if on JOD
They told me it definitely wouldn't count as a Jump because it was issued specifically as a loaner.

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

I was also told by the Corporate Account Rep I spoke with and ordered my loaner through yesterday that the loaner wouls not delay me getting a new N7. I specifically asked about that.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
What they are saying is when the new note 7 comes out and you get that it will be considered a jump. T-Mobile does not offer a loaner phone
I did mine over the weekend when they were offering loaners. I believe the wording changed yesterday how they were handling it. I have a backup phone already so I never would've signed up for a loaner if getting the Edge would hinder getting my replacement Note or affect my Jumps.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
What they are saying is when the new note 7 comes out and you get that it will be considered a jump. T-Mobile does not offer a loaner phone
But official statements have changed so many times since this whole thing started who knows what's gonna happen when the replacements are available.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
But official statements have changed so many times since this whole thing started who knows what's gonna happen when the replacements are available.
True mine has not gave me a problem so ill just keep riding with it until other wise they said that people that still have the device is on the priority list for replacement because they want to get it out of people hands but ill believe it when i see it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
True mine has not gave me a problem so ill just keep riding with it until other wise they said that people that still have the device is on the priority list for replacement because they want to get it out of people hands but ill believe it when i see it.
That was my initial plan, but after hearing people get approved for promotions on their loaners I broke down. LOL. A free Gear VR is worth a week or 2 wait if T-Mobile gets to users that don't have the loaner or replacement phones. If I pitch a big enough fit there's no way they'll count it against my Jump.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I have now a S7 EDGE loaner and still in my possession the original Note 7. I have both in my hands. No charge for the S7 EDGE no signed eip, nothing. Free from T-force

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have now a S7 EDGE loaner and still in my possession the original Note 7. I have both in my hands. No charge for the S7 EDGE no signed eip, nothing. Free from T-force
My Edge is out for delivery right now. I still have my Note 7, but it's in a box powered down. Using an older phone I had. I haven't been charged anything yet, but if I am I'm supposed to get credited before my bill due date so nothing out of pocket. I did have to sign an EIP.

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Well I thought my experience with T-Mobile was finally resolved yesterday when I signed the EIP before bed. NOPE.

Woke up this morning to the order confirmation email, only to find this - "Shipping Method: Ground."

So had to call them back this morning. They had to cancel that order and create a new order for Overnight shipping. So I had to wait again for a new EIP. Luckily only took about a half hour this time. And have now gotten the order confirmation email letting me know the S7E will be shipped via Overnight.

Estimated ship date does say "9/13/2016 - 9/19/2016". Is it saying that for everyone even though Overnight shipping is selected?

tripleblaze

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site

I was told several times during my converstation with the rep on the 844 line that this while process will in no way affect my JOD or count as one of my jumps. Tmobile would really be playing with fire (no pun intended) by encouraging people to hold on to their recalled Note 7 in order to get preferential treatment when the replacement devices show up... but again there is no telling what will actually happen when the new Notes show up.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
My Edge is out for delivery right now. I still have my Note 7, but it's in a box powered down. Using an older phone I had. I haven't been charged anything yet, but if I am I'm supposed to get credited before my bill due date so nothing out of pocket. I did have to sign an EIP.
My S7 Edge is out for delivery as well. Still using the N7 because I don't keep backups and only really need the Edge for upcoming trip in case things get worse from the airlines and government agencies. I'm still waiting on Samsung pay to reissue my $20 gift card but the ticket has been open for 2 weeks now. I'll snag the $10 gift card on the s7 Edge and submit for the VR or 256gb card promotion since I did have to sign a new EIP and currently have no idea how long I'll have the phone.

T-Mobile told be I needed to turn in the N7 by the 30th so I'll hope replacements arrive by then. The S7 Edge is not a phone I ever wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci