T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripleblaze

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Well I thought my experience with T-Mobile was finally resolved yesterday when I signed the EIP before bed. NOPE.

Woke up this morning to the order confirmation email, only to find this - "Shipping Method: Ground."

So had to call them back this morning. They had to cancel that order and create a new order for Overnight shipping. So I had to wait again for a new EIP. Luckily only took about a half hour this time. And have now gotten the order confirmation email letting me know the S7E will be shipped via Overnight.

Estimated ship date does say "9/13/2016 - 9/19/2016". Is it saying that for everyone even though Overnight shipping is selected?

My order shows overnight shipping with an expected shop date of 9/11-9/16, it has not yet shipped. I received a shipping notice this morning regarding a T-mobile package, but it is just the free t-shirt from T-mobile Tuesday from a week or two ago.

Edit: I just received shipping notification for the s7 edge.

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
My S7 Edge is out for delivery as well. Still using the N7 because I don't keep backups and only really need the Edge for upcoming trip in case things get worse from the airlines and government agencies. I'm still waiting on Samsung pay to reissue my $20 gift card but the ticket has been open for 2 weeks now. I'll snag the $10 gift card on the s7 Edge and submit for the VR or 256gb card promotion since I did have to sign a new EIP and currently have no idea how long I'll have the phone.

T-Mobile told be I needed to turn in the N7 by the 30th so I'll hope replacements arrive by then. The S7 Edge is not a phone I ever wanted.
They didn't tell me anything about returning by the 30th. They just said they'd notify me when the replacements are available. Not having a store without driving an hour and a half round trip, there's no way I'm doing it until the replacements are ready just in case they want me to pickup the replacement in store. I was originally told when this while thing started that my replacement would be shipped to me with instructions to send the faulty one back. That was before they were offering loaners though.

I'm definitely gonna try and snag the Gear VR though. I got the 256 card with my Note. I haven't used all my Samsung Pay $20 promotion yet. Not sure what will happen with it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
My order shows overnight shipping with an expected shop date of 9/11-9/16, it has not yet shipped. I received a shipping notice this morning regarding a T-mobile package, but it is just the free t-shirt from T-mobile Tuesday from a week or two ago.
I forgot about my T-shirt. Not sure when that's supposed to come for me.i always forget about T-Mobile Tuesdays

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Very true. I'm interested in seeing what promo they will have for the replacement note 7 it better be good to get people to jump back on board

cut the phones price in half because resale value or turning in values going to be horrible. I have a sales rep that's trying to get her manager to waive the upgrade fee for the new iPhone 7 plus 128gb keeping my fingers crossed lol

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
This has become a MAJOR circus!!! I have been told three different things in two days. 1. Yesterday (9/12) Chris (844 number rep) states that I can get the S7E as a loaner until the Note 7's arrive and ready to be distributed, and us loaners would be priority before general public. He was to email me a new EIP but said it might take a few hours before I receive it due to processing by Supervisor. 2. As of today (9/13) I have yet to receive any new EIP, so I called the 844 number again and spoke with Natasha. She said that policy has changed and they are not requiring EIP's to be signed. She said that my loaner order yesterday was never placed and that she would place the correct order for my S7E loaner. 3. I swear, 5 minutes later, an EIP shows up in my email. I didn't know if I should sign or not due to previous conversation, but didnt' want any order to be canceled. So I go ahead and sign the EIP, and start getting emails from T-Mobile with order info, ect. ect. I went to my T-Mobile account to check order status and I be dang if there are TWO S7E "in process" to be delivered tomorrow. WTF........Once again, I call the 844 number and talk with Kristen. She said that Natasha was wrong and you DO have to sign an EIP, but all charges will be reversed on my bill, and she will cancel one of the loaner S7E orders. Of course when I go and check my Order Status, Kristen canceled the order that pertains to the EIP I signed, and the Non EIP order is suppose to be delivered tomorrow. OMG!!! I know this is all happening as each minute passes, but you would think there would be a partial thread of consistency. I also was told (for what it's worth) that the Note 7 replacements might be delivered by the end of Oct or first part of NOV....AARRGG Sorry for rant...

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Boooo.....my replacement says that it will be shipped overnight sometime between the 12th and 19th of September.

Two questions:

1. I had to sign an EIP that looked like I was going to be paying in installments for my loaner phone....anyone else have an EIP that appeared the same? I don't plan to keep the loaner and just want my N7 back when the replacement units are issued.

2. I am thinking about submitting for the VR however, I have heard that it is the old version and not the new one....any truth to this? If I submit for the VR with my Edge 'purchase' which one will I get? The photos on Sammy's website is not very helpful....

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
This has become a MAJOR circus!!! I have been told three different things in two days. 1. Yesterday (9/12) Chris (844 number rep) states that I can get the S7E as a loaner until the Note 7's arrive and ready to be distributed, and us loaners would be priority before general public. He was to email me a new EIP but said it might take a few hours before I receive it due to processing by Supervisor. 2. As of today (9/13) I have yet to receive any new EIP, so I called the 844 number again and spoke with Natasha. She said that policy has changed and they are not requiring EIP's to be signed. She said that my loaner order yesterday was never placed and that she would place the correct order for my S7E loaner. 3. I swear, 5 minutes later, an EIP shows up in my email. I didn't know if I should sign or not due to previous conversation, but didnt' want any order to be canceled. So I go ahead and sign the EIP, and start getting emails from T-Mobile with order info, ect. ect. I went to my T-Mobile account to check order status and I be dang if there are TWO S7E "in process" to be delivered tomorrow. WTF........Once again, I call the 844 number and talk with Kristen. She said that Natasha was wrong and you DO have to sign an EIP, but all charges will be reversed on my bill, and she will cancel one of the loaner S7E orders. Of course when I go and check my Order Status, Kristen canceled the order that pertains to the EIP I signed, and the Non EIP order is suppose to be delivered tomorrow. OMG!!! I know this is all happening as each minute passes, but you would think there would be a partial thread of consistency. I also was told (for what it's worth) that the Note 7 replacements might be delivered by the end of Oct or first part of NOV....AARRGG Sorry for rant...

I have heard the same thing....October or November. I do have to say that I am sort of looking forward to carrying around a naked S7 Edge for awhile to see how it holds up. I am always REALLY careful with my phones but this one will be sans case and I won't have to be as careful because I am just sending it back anyhow.....

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes, the EIP I signed looked just like a new purchase. The 844 Rep said that if I see any charges to my bill not to panic, they will be adjusted out. I am in the same boat as you, I just need a loaner to get me by until the Note 7's replacements are ready. It is difficult to believe or understand anything the Rep's tell you for they each have their own scenario.

A
Boooo.....my replacement says that it will be shipped overnight sometime between the 12th and 19th of September.

Two questions:

1. I had to sign an EIP that looked like I was going to be paying in installments for my loaner phone....anyone else have an EIP that appeared the same? I don't plan to keep the loaner and just want my N7 back when the replacement units are issued.

2. I am thinking about submitting for the VR however, I have heard that it is the old version and not the new one....any truth to this? If I submit for the VR with my Edge 'purchase' which one will I get? The photos on Sammy's website is not very helpful....

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
It is difficult to believe or understand anything the Rep's tell you for they each have their own scenario.

A

That's my biggest complaint right now. I get that this isn't T-Mobile's fault, but there's no consistency between all of the reps (5!) I've spoken to on the phone in the last 24 hours. There's an outlined process in place for this recall, it shouldn't be so difficult to overnight me a replacement.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Two questions:

My EIP looked the same as my Note 7 order. I was also told that if I'm actually billed any monthly payments for the Edge that they will be adjusted out. I'm on JOD and not worried about it effecting my jump or anything. If it does, then I'll just make sure they get it fixed.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Two questions:

1. I signed the EIP as well, from the looks of it I'm still making a monthly payment on the phone and it appears to be the S7 (didn't order the Edge loaner) as the monthly payments are about half of what my Note 7 monthly payments are.

2. It appears to be the newer model. On the promotions page if you click the details it takes you to this pdf: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/TryOnTheFuture/en-us/Rules Scroll down to pg. 3 section 4. and it lists the model number of the VR (SM-R323NBKAXAR). I checked that against the one BestBuy lists on their website (same model number) and it says it's compatible with the following models: Galaxy Note7, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge. Samsung Gear VR for Select Samsung Cell Phones Black SM-R323NBKAXAR - Best Buy

Then only thing I'm curious about is if you claim these promotional gifts does that signal to their system that you decided to keep the loaner instead of wanting a Note 7 replacement. In one of the emails from T-Mobile it said "We'll ship you any device of your choice in our inventory with free next business day shipping. You can keep it or use it as a "loaner" until the new Note 7 is available." Since you have to enter the IMEI, Mac Address, your name, carrier, shipping address and so on, I would think that would indicate to them that you are planning on keeping the device since you have basically claimed the IMEI number. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case and they could easily argue it or require that you pay for the VR or return it since the S7 is a loaner and you did not purchase it.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have heard the same thing....October or November. I do have to say that I am sort of looking forward to carrying around a naked S7 Edge for awhile to see how it holds up. I am always REALLY careful with my phones but this one will be sans case and I won't have to be as careful because I am just sending it back anyhow.....

But when you return it they will inspect it, if it is damaged then you could very well be charged.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
But when you return it they will inspect it, if it is damaged they you will be charged.

I highly doubt they are going to be giving any pushback on these loaners. I am not planning to do anything horrid to it but I am certainly not going to go out and buy a case for a loaner phone, I am out enough on cases and accessories for a phone I have but can't really use without worry of it causing a fire! <3

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
When I returned mine to the local tmobile here and got the note 5, it took awhile for them to get to me then for the process as they were new at the exchange / return setup. I'm happy now though with the Note 5 I currently got from them on Saturday

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
1. I signed the EIP as well, from the looks of it I'm still making a monthly payment on the phone and it appears to be the S7 (didn't order the Edge loaner) as the monthly payments are about half of what my Note 7 monthly payments are.

2. It appears to be the newer model. On the promotions page if you click the details it takes you to this pdf: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/TryOnTheFuture/en-us/Rules Scroll down to pg. 3 section 4. and it lists the model number of the VR (SM-R323NBKAXAR). I checked that against the one BestBuy lists on their website (same model number) and it says it's compatible with the following models: Galaxy Note7, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge. Samsung Gear VR for Select Samsung Cell Phones Black SM-R323NBKAXAR - Best Buy

Then only thing I'm curious about is if you claim these promotional gifts does that signal to their system that you decided to keep the loaner instead of wanting a Note 7 replacement. In one of the emails from T-Mobile it said "We'll ship you any device of your choice in our inventory with free next business day shipping. You can keep it or use it as a "loaner" until the new Note 7 is available." Since you have to enter the IMEI, Mac Address, your name, carrier, shipping address and so on, I would think that would indicate to them that you are planning on keeping the device since you have basically claimed the IMEI number. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case and they could easily argue it or require that you pay for the VR or return it since the S7 is a loaner and you did not purchase it.
I thought about that as well. Not sure what happens if we claim the promotion on a loaner phone.

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
So I got my "Thank you for your Order" email at 9 AM CST with the order number and link to check order progress on My Tmobile. I log on to MyTmobile, and it doesn't show up. Something I should be concerned about, or do I need to give it some time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781