T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
My Note 5 is set to arrive today via UPS. I'm thinking of not even opening the box, and just sending it right back. I'm still using the Note 7, as it's working great with no heat issues. Plus, I still have an S6 lying around that works fine. I'm just concerned that somehow by activating the Note 5, it will be a hassle if and when the new Note 7 arrives and it's time to trade it in.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the note 5 as a loaner replacement. I got my partial credit back when returning the note 7 Saturday (tax and down pmt). Nothing due on Note 5. Still shows Note 7 EIP in my account. Was told by online tmobile rep that once the replacements come in I will go back to the same store and exchange the Note 5 for the Note 7 no costs due.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I really don't think we will see the Note 7 back on sale anytime soon, if ever to be quite frank. The CPSC hasn't even made an official statement yet, which means that nothing has even started yet. I think that Samsung and Tmobile now offering "loaners" they are aware that this isn't going to be something that gets taken care of in a speedy manner. Is there a reason why you're so hesitant to switch to a S 7 Edge? It's really not THAT much different from the Note besides a few subtle things.

Honestly, this has been such a mess and this really has to be one of the biggest screw up's in mobile history. It really sucks and nobody is going to come out a winner here. I really hope Samsung is able to come back from this after it's all said and done.
That's actually what makes me want to keep the Note 7. If this actually never goes back on sale again I'm keeping my Note 7 regardless of what people say because it works perfectly well and I can monitor the battery and make sure it's nowhere that will cause a fire if the inside start to bulge the phone. I've had the S7 Edge and I moved away from it to get to the note there's no way I'm going back to it. If anything I'd be moving forward to a V20 or an iPhone 7 plus.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I got my loaner Edge tonight. I def don't like it as much as the Note. The settings/pull down menus are really ugly. I've also heard others say it's snappier than the Note 7. I don't find that true. Already having accidental Palm presses too. Plus it's gaudy silver. I need my stealth black Note back soon.
I was looking at the S7E forums when the Note7 first came out and noticed the overly sensitive screen seemed to be a big issue with a lot of people. I think Samsung intentionally turned down the sensitivity on the Note7, which is why people are complaining about the lack of sensitivity now.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
IF I get an S8 it will have to be the edge this time. The regular S is too small of a screen.
I thought this when the Note7 was released... I think they will go the Note route on the S8 and only offer a regular and plus version, both with the same slightly curved display.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
The dates keep changing I don't know if it's worth it to get a better case for replacement s7 edge. Got a cheap clear case at best buy and I really miss my spigen wallet case from note 7. I was at Fry's there other day and saw spigen slim armor cases with kickstand similar to spigen hybrid duo cases. I decided not to since I kept hearing that they'd have the new note 7s out soon.

Well at least redeemed my gear VR and it was approved. I never got the receipt so I just went online and downloaded it and uploaded it from my phone. Was hesitant about doing that at first but the waiting, uncertainty, and silence from cpsc has me worried.

I wouldn't mind the s7 edge as much but lack of grace ux is a little noticeable. I kick myself everyday for not even trying to get another color and walking out with gold I was just thankful to be able to get a replacement at that point. It feels similar to note 7 at least

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Do you think the 7 plus will be better than the S7 Edge and V20?

iPhone 7 plus? Honestly I don't think the iPhone will ever get ahead of Samsung as far as phone technology goes, Apple seems to always be about 2 years behind nowadays...that's not to say the 7 plus will be a BAD phone, it just imo wont be AS good as the Note 7 or even the S7E

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
iPhone 7 plus? Honestly I don't think the iPhone will ever get ahead of Samsung as far as phone technology goes, Apple seems to always be about 2 years behind nowadays...that's not to say the 7 plus will be a BAD phone, it just imo wont be AS good as the Note 7 or even the S7E

I'm one of the biggest Samsung Fanboys you'll ever find and don't get me wrong the Note 7 is an awesome device but sometimes safety overcomes anything else me myself I'm going to try out the new iPhone

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
We'll see, but I'm getting afaird to use my note 7 I notice today my battery drops fast and during a charge a few times wheneva the plug touches the outlet it makes a bad sound...

Mine has been doing the same. All of a sudden the battery has been dropping really fast. I'm just holding out until friday.

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site

I would agree. iPhone is played out I feel until next year and think their 10th anniversary model will be good. The problem is if you have been part of the Android ecosystem for a while the transition is not easy. Not like signing in with a gmail address and boom everything is there. I also loathe iTunes, it is possibly the most cumbersome piece of crap that you are forced to use. I have been with Android too long to consider this transition. I find iPhone boring and so dumbed down. Not to say occasionally their hardware is nice, but I laugh to see the same folks complaining about the price of their note 7 and yet they buy a iPhone +, a total overpriced device. The bad problem for the consumer was the timing of the Note 7 issues, not much out now that is like wow I must have that and not sure how quickly any of the new releases will be out.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I would agree. iPhone is played out I feel until next year and think their 10th anniversary model will be good. The problem is if you have been part of the Android ecosystem for a while the transition is not easy. Not like signing in with a gmail address and boom everything is there. I also loathe iTunes, it is possibly the most cumbersome piece of crap that you are forced to use. I have been with Android too long to consider this transition. I find iPhone boring and so dumbed down. Not to say occasionally their hardware is nice, but I laugh to see the same folks complaining about the price of their note 7 and yet they buy a iPhone +, a total overpriced device. The bad problem for the consumer was the timing of the Note 7 issues, not much out now that is like wow I must have that and not sure how quickly any of the new releases will be out.

Yeah, agree. I was an iPhone user that played around with Android devices up until this year. My issue was imessage, I had to get over that hump, as iMessage blows away regular texting. I finally just decided to use Facebook messenger, and that's been a decent compromise. Anyway, yeah, iPhone has become very boring, I feel like they have just run out of ideas with what to do with that OS.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
For what its worth.....

I ordered my S7 Edge loaner yesterday and now when I look on T-mo at my original order of my Note 7 they have put a "z" next to it.

Never seen that before. The rep on the phone also told me that putting in for a loaner also puts me in the system for when the updated Notes come out.

Do you think they are going in order of people who are getting loaners will get the new notes first?

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
What really sucks about this whole situation is the fact that there is a chance we may not see the Note 7 again - no one really knows at this point. This was the first phone for me that checked off all of the boxes of things I wanted in a smartphone. I have had tons of devices in the past, and there was always something missing that left me wanting more, which is probably the reason why I tried so many different devices. But the Note 7 was the one that didn't have me wanting more and I was completely satisfied. I'm hoping we have some sort of direction soon. I emailed the CPSC on Monday and got a typical canned email response. Makes you wonder why T-Mobile is pushing everyone to another device. DId anyone get the text from T-Mobile yesterday about turning in their Note 7?

Theresa Humphries

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I also got tired of receiving text messages from T-Mobile, so apparently from a lot of T-Mobile reps in the Note 7 Recall department you can get a free loaner phone. And then when the new batch of Note 7's comes out we can trade them in. They will leave a note on the account saying you don't have to pay any fee for the new Note. Also take advantage of this offer, I received the S7 Edge and then signed up for the promotion to receive a free Gear VR. So its a win win

Note 7 Recall Department: 844 275 9309 (T-Mobile)

So your s7e was new? I ordered one and wasn't sure if I could get this promotion since I got the Fitbit from the n7

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
What really sucks about this whole situation is the fact that there is a chance we may not see the Note 7 again - no one really knows at this point. This was the first phone for me that checked off all of the boxes of things I wanted in a smartphone. I have had tons of devices in the past, and there was always something missing that left me wanting more, which is probably the reason why I tried so many different devices. But the Note 7 was the one that didn't have me wanting more and I was completely satisfied. I'm hoping we have some sort of direction soon. I emailed the CPSC on Monday and got a typical canned email response. Makes you wonder why T-Mobile is pushing everyone to another device. DId anyone get the text from T-Mobile yesterday about turning in their Note 7?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/09/13/nj-transit-samsung-fire-hazard/

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
And the saga continues.

To me I think this is the biggest story of them all so far.

Millions of people per day use the NY and NJ transit system. The people who work for the transit will now be on the lookout for these phones and who knows what happens now.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I got my loaner Edge tonight. I def don't like it as much as the Note. The settings/pull down menus are really ugly. I've also heard others say it's snappier than the Note 7. I don't find that true. Already having accidental Palm presses too. Plus it's gaudy silver. I need my stealth black Note back soon.
Received mine as well. Spent several hours getting everything setup so that its ready when needed and all I need to do is swap my SIM.

Until my trip and after my trip, I'll use the Note 7 and hope replacements arrive. If that arbitrary 9/30 date doesn't change, I guess I'll turn the Note in and just have no phone payment for however long it takes for replacement to arrive.

Samsung pay finally got my $20 gift card reissued. Only took them 15 days.

I also went ahead and submitted the promotion on the S7 Edge since there's no telling how long I'll have the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante