T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I called the tmobile store to see if they got a shipment of edges in so I can go and return my Note 7. Guy says let me check, and I end up on hold for 15 minutes (not really on hold because I could hear other people talking) I just gave up and hung up. I'm going to call another store 30 miles away and see if they have them.

My big concern is sept 30th is the final deadline to get a refund and I end up getting stuck with a $930 brick. If I get nowhere might call Samsung about swapping it out through them for an S7 edge and just bite the cost difference. Really getting aggravated.
Maybe they know your number and are just messing with you now.
When you end up calling every day, they're bound to recognize numbers after a while.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Question... Can I get a loaner s7e and keep my note 7 also (until replacements come in) or would I have to send it back right away
I want that 256gb SD card promo
Missed it... First time around
NOT willing to part with my note 7 until I have new note 7 replacement

I have both. Just got my s7 EDGE for free 2 days ago

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
You should. Here is how my process went:

-Called the number that was in the thread, and the customer service representative verified my account, and asked me what device I want to replace my Note 7 until the replacement Note 7 is sent. I told her the S7 is fine, she told me an EIP is coming to sign, but it is not being added to my bill. My payments for my current Note7 will stop until my replacement is in. In the meantime, I am to power down my Note 7 after I do the transfer to the S7. Once the replacement phones are in, they will ship me my replacement Note 7, with shipping labels for both the loaner S7 and the defective Note 7.

If I decide to keep the loaner S7, then I just call them back and let them know. They will credit my payments so far on the Note 7 so the S7 and then start the lease backdating to when I got the Note 7.

This is exactly what I was told.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Maybe they know your number and are just messing with you now.
When you end up calling every day, they're bound to recognize numbers after a while.

I hardly ever call the store cause it's a PITA. I called on sept3rd about the in store return process, and then didn't call until this morning to see if they have the Edge in and they told me call back at one. I will be near a tmobile store tomorrow so I might just return this whole thing and stick with my tiny S7 now.

Even the return process at the Tmobile near me will take most of the afternoon beause they're so busy and clueless usually.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
From what I'm hearing in early reviews the camera is awesome it blows away the note 7. The S7 Edge was an excellent device the battery life is amazing on that phone but like many people said it was too curvy and at times there was unnecessary touches. Better I can't say
The "impressive" thing about the camera is the dual lenses.

People keep wanting to believe smartphone cameras are magic, but at the end of the day they all have to obey the laws of physics.

Small sensors can only do so much.

And that goes for all smartphones btw.

Kyd justus

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
When switching from the Note 7 to the loaner S7, are you all using S switch or signing into Samsung cloud to transfer all info from one phone to the other?

Which is best and how is it working for you?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
When switching from the Note 7 to the loaner S7, are you all using S switch or signing into Samsung cloud to transfer all info from one phone to the other?

Which is best and how is it working for you?
I decided not to use smart switch to set up my S7 Edge loaner. I just started from scratch. Couple hours later it was exactly like my N7 so it's ready when I need (or not need) it.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't even tried to get my Samsung Posy credit sorted out. I honestly don't know if I'll bother. May just try and get the new 10 buck one. My Edge works ok,is just the little things that bug me about it. The way it handles defaults is stupid, for example. And it just doesn't feel as nice in the hand. It's not a bad phone. If I never had the Note it messy not even bother me.

Edit: and the autocorrect is even weirder than the Note 7s as well. Never thought I'd say that.
I'm not a big fan of the S7 Edge. I didn't even look at it when it first launched. But Samsung pay is very convenient and there's the new $10 promo. I used the $20 promo from the N7 today. Submitted for another sd card as well.

For me, the S7 Edge isn't even in the same league as the Note 7 but I guess if I can use a combo of N7 and Edge for however long it takes to get this sorted and not have to pay a dime in monthly payments, it's worth it.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
You should. Here is how my process went:

-Called the number that was in the thread, and the customer service representative verified my account, and asked me what device I want to replace my Note 7 until the replacement Note 7 is sent. I told her the S7 is fine, she told me an EIP is coming to sign, but it is not being added to my bill. My payments for my current Note7 will stop until my replacement is in. In the meantime, I am to power down my Note 7 after I do the transfer to the S7. Once the replacement phones are in, they will ship me my replacement Note 7, with shipping labels for both the loaner S7 and the defective Note 7.

If I decide to keep the loaner S7, then I just call them back and let them know. They will credit my payments so far on the Note 7 so the S7 and then start the lease backdating to when I got the Note 7.

I was in my local T-Mobile store the other day inquiring about the loaners and the process and he gave me the toll free number to phone in. We discussed the exchange process when the replacement Note 7's come in and he said I'll be contacted and I'll need to bring in my current Note 7 and the loaner and they will do the exchange in store. When I phoned the toll free number for the loaner (got an S7, not a fan of the edge) that rep confirmed the same exchange process when the new Note 7's are available. I would rather they ship them like what you were told, that way I can copy everything over and make changes to all my settings in Nova Prime and verify with my loaner that everything is correct and then take the old Note and loaner into my local store to turn them in. This cuts down on the amount of time spent in the store and waiting for them to copy all of my info over. This is what I did with my Note 5 and I was in and out of the store in about 15 minutes.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I went against the grain and have an LG G5 loaner coming. I came from the S7 Edge, and didn't want to go back to that phone. Also, if I happen to damage or lose the 'loaner' I wouldn't be liable for a $900 S7 Edge, but rather a $500 G5.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I've been swimming around in the n7 forums and figured I would throw my .02 in concerning this whole situation.

Start with the stores. They have little to no information and quite honestly are the bottom of the food chain for information. These updates come via internal email and very often the store reps don't check it. So if you're trying to get anything out of them, you might as well be talking to a rock.

Call centers can be a hit or miss depending on how your call is routed. If you get an agent in the states the chances you'll get correct information is about 75%. If you get an outsource agent, that drops down to 10%. Once again, it all boils down to information flow and outsource centers are the last to know. Agents in the states have the opportunity to access the info as it comes. Just a matter if you have someone who is into the product or just there to get a check.

The media. Well...it's the media. They aren't in this to sell phones. They want ratings. Trusting the news on this recall is crazy and it's been proven quite a few times.

Carrier and Samsung website will be the most accurate. If it's posted there, then it's as good as gold. Companies have channels and legal departments that proof read all of the material before it's fit to hit the Web. Chances of that info being incorrect is <1% because no company will put something in writing that leaves them open for liability.

That leaves us with the CPSC. Once they stepped in, they became all knowing, all powerful. Whatever arrangement or plan they have with Samsung is ultimately going to dictate when these phones will be released. If Samsung has all their ducks in a row and paperwork to back it up, should be a smooth process. I'm guessing they do and that's why shipments are still hitting stores and being held.

I know it's a long post but I've been in and out of the wireless industry and work for a rather big telecommunications company now and I can say from my experience, that is how we should be trusting information on this process.

graham2024

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Never turned in my S7 when the Note came. Was feeling a little jealous that everyone was getting new loaners with a chance to claim another memory card. Decided to see about a loaner... Now I'm receiving another S7 and looking forward to a backup memory card.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I hardly ever call the store cause it's a PITA. I called on sept3rd about the in store return process, and then didn't call until this morning to see if they have the Edge in and they told me call back at one. I will be near a tmobile store tomorrow so I might just return this whole thing and stick with my tiny S7 now.

Even the return process at the Tmobile near me will take most of the afternoon beause they're so busy and clueless usually.
Mine took about 30 minutes, if they even processed it correctly. I had to have my wife bring the boxes up to the store. Otherwise, they wouldn't process the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34