Status
Not open for further replies.

Way out west

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Im having 2nd thoughts on the Note 7 replacements was told I'd have to pay the down payment and tax again as they're being treated as a new phone purchase since we were given refunds for exchange/return in store. I currently.
have a note 5 loaner

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I received my replacement Note 5 in the mail yesterday. Which I'm sending right back btw. Two stickers on the box stating that the package contains lithium ion batteries, and to use with caution. Just shows you how everyone is scared of the news reports. Anyway, I forgot that I had a spare S6, and my Note 7 is working great. So I didn't even open the box to the Note 5. Great phone. Just gave mine to the old lady when I got the Note 7. Planning on sticking it out until the replacement arrives.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Im having 2nd thoughts on the Note 7 replacements was told I'd have to pay the down payment and tax again as they're being treated as a new phone purchase since we were given refunds for exchange/return in store. I currently.
have a note 5 loaner

If you returned the phone and got a full refund then yes you will have to make the down payment and pay tax again on the replacement since you were credited back. If you got a loaner and no credit/refund was issued then when you get a replacement you shouldn't be charged anything... unless you damaged the loaner phone. Also if you turned the phone in for a refund you will have to wait longer for the new Note 7 as shipments that come in will not be made available for sale, only for exchange. This was made clear to me by the store rep, that if I was sure I wanted the Note 7 to do the loaner as I'll get it much faster.

My loaner S7 is scheduled to be delivered today (didn't go with the edge because I'm not a fan), I looked at my EIP that I got for the loaner and it looks like I'm being charged the monthly fee for the S7, not the Note 7 as it's only $16.82 per month. Glad they are automatically making that change and I don't have to phone in to support to request it. It's some-what annoying having to deal with this but honestly I think they have been handling it pretty good given the circumstances. I just can't wait to get a replacement Note 7 back in my hands and back to normal.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
At this point I may go with a cheaper phone to save not only on the total cost but also the hassle and confusion of waiting and wondering how long this would take etc. Indecisiveness is nerve wracking lol.

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
It seems like we are all still hearing different things from different places. It would be great if Tmo would send out some sort of statement letting all the Note7 owners know exactly what should be done (or should have been done) and how to make sure if you want a replacement Note7 to make sure you are on a list that gets notification as soon as the new stock is available.

The store I went to only knew how to do a straight return with a manager release on the fee that it wanted to charge. Then the "loaner" I was given was "sold to me" with a manager note that it was a loaner that I could exchange for a Note7. This was clearly not the smoothest way to handle things but it worked for me. If we get close to the two week time frame I expect I will go return just so I do not get stuck with the loaner phone.

We have still not heard any official word on a time frame for the the new phones. It would be great to know if the Galaxy S8 is going to launch before we see replacement Note7 devices now that the government seems to be getting in the mix.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
At this point I may go with a cheaper phone to save not only on the total cost but also the hassle and confusion of waiting and wondering how long this would take etc. Indecisiveness is nerve wracking lol.

I was thinking about doing the same thing, but I really like my note 7 lol

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I liked it as well too. I didn't realize when I had it that I could get a loaner through the mail. That's half the problem I've already gotten a refund and after our vacation expenses lol..well let's just say that was eaten up quickly. Ugh

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I liked it as well too. I didn't realize when I had it that I could get a loaner through the mail. That's half the problem I've already gotten a refund and after our vacation expenses lol..well let's just say that was eaten up quickly. Ugh

I have kept both my note 7's and have been careful with them, I tried twice to exchange and t-mobile was being difficult so I just kept them, I was going to get a cheap phone but this screen is so nice it's hard to give up

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
It seems like we are all still hearing different things from different places. It would be great if Tmo would send out some sort of statement letting all the Note7 owners know exactly what should be done (or should have been done) and how to make sure if you want a replacement Note7 to make sure you are on a list that gets notification as soon as the new stock is available.

The store I went to only knew how to do a straight return with a manager release on the fee that it wanted to charge. Then the "loaner" I was given was "sold to me" with a manager note that it was a loaner that I could exchange for a Note7. This was clearly not the smoothest way to handle things but it worked for me. If we get close to the two week time frame I expect I will go return just so I do not get stuck with the loaner phone.

We have still not heard any official word on a time frame for the the new phones. It would be great to know if the Galaxy S8 is going to launch before we see replacement Note7 devices now that the government seems to be getting in the mix.

I agree. I held out on doing anything until this week and decided to get a loaner. Looks like my procrastination finally paid off for once (no longer doing in-store loaners, have to phone in) as the store rep told me since I will still have my affected Note 7, those people will be the first ones to get the replacements as they want to get the affected one's out of everyone's hands. Hopefully since they put a note on your account you will be in the first wave but it might be a case of priority.

The S7 was released in March so I would be shocked if a replacement Note 7 didn't come out way before that. If that were the case they might as well hold off and just release a Note 8 in the fall.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
A down payment makes no sense if they will refund it if you return it anyways. You would think carriers would make it as enticing as possible to get into a new Note7. First, I think they should reduce the price temporarily to try to get the original owners back and have zero down payment.
Give the consumers like 2 weeks once re-released to get 'back on board" at $749 and also compete head to head with the iPhone 7.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
As I've mentioned before in this thread I am keeping my Note 7 because it is working nice and cool not even hot when charging. That being said I went ahead and ordered this so I could charge it with a little bit more peace of mind and to have handy just in case LOL.
e4cfe5c098d1b4974a5eed91914c0e9c.jpg

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
My S7E replacement is out for delivery today.

Also, I mentioned earlier that T-Mo originally had an order set to Ground Shipping instead of Overnight. When they created a new order for Overnight the rep said she was cancelling the Ground shipping order. Welp guess that didn't happen, because I got another email today letting my know that I'm getting another S7E via UPS Ground.

Not a huge deal, I'll just refuse that shipment or take it to a UPS store. Just thought it was funny that I went through so many calls to try to get a replacement device, that I'll now have 2 of them being shipped to me.

Cappaccinodagreat

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Also, I mentioned earlier that T-Mo originally had an order set to Ground Shipping instead of Overnight. When they created a new order for Overnight the rep said she was cancelling the Ground shipping order. Welp guess that didn't happen, because I got another email today letting my know that I'm getting another S7E via UPS Ground.

Not a huge deal, I'll just refuse that shipment or take it to a UPS store. Just thought it was funny that I went through so many calls to try to get a replacement device, that I'll now have 2 of them being shipped to me.

My S7 Edge just arrived today. Took a pic of ir next to my bomb *** Note 7. I don't really even want to use it because I really like my Note 7 in the short time we have known each other. I may just go back to my Note 3, and give S7 to the fiance' to try out, she is using an S5.

I took this pic with my Note 3.

Attachments

• Samsungs.jpg
    Samsungs.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 94

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
how do you like it? I was thinking of going this route as well just for something different.

I haven't gotten it yet. should be here by Friday. I've had the LG G3, G4, V10, and an old G pro (my favorite) I've always been a big fan of LG, but their displays are not as good as the samsung Amoleds, which keeps me coming back to samsung.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I had something similar happen when I was getting a warranty exhange on my S6 Edge plus. Somehow I ended up with 3 of them, and I sent them all back. Too awhile to credit back to my account. At one point my tmobile bill was over $2,000! because of those 'extra' phones. What a pain it was...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I haven't gotten it yet. should be here by Friday. I've had the LG G3, G4, V10, and an old G pro (my favorite) I've always been a big fan of LG, but their displays are not as good as the samsung Amoleds, which keeps me coming back to samsung.
My other draw to the newer Samsungs is Samsung Pay. Love using that everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12