T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
First of all, I'm not believing anything what T-force or 611 says about when new shipments are coming in. Depending who you talk to, they have outdated information and are just hourly workers taught to follow the script. When I sense it's getting close, I'll just call the local store and see if they have them. If they tell me another 1-2 weeks, I'll call back in a couple of days. If they are approved, they are being distributed. Maybe not through all the channels yet. But, I'm betting that they are arranging shipments as we speak to send them out to the stores for early next week. Calling them and believing the 1-2 weeks will just get you irritated.

la9ers

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
just got an email from Samsung.... note 7 will be ready by Sep 21.

Dear Joe, as part of our voluntary recall, Samsung is announcing that new Galaxy Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than September 21, 2016.

The company received approval for its exchange program from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and has announced an official U.S. voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7. We strongly advise all customers who have Galaxy Note7 devices to replace their current device with a new device under the terms of the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program.

Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:

1. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 as approved by the CPSC; or
2. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices; or
3. Contact your point of purchase to obtain a refund.

Details can be found at Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program or contact us toll-free at 1-844-365-6197, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
First of all, I'm not believing anything what T-force or 611 says about when new shipments are coming in. Depending who you talk to, they have outdated information and are just hourly workers taught to follow the script. When I sense it's getting close, I'll just call the local store and see if they have them. If they tell me another 1-2 weeks, I'll call back in a couple of days. If they are approved, they are being distributed. Maybe not through all the channels yet. But, I'm betting that they are arranging shipments as we speak to send them out to the stores for early next week. Calling them and believing the 1-2 weeks will just get you irritated.

Exactly. The replacements got approved and as per Samsung its available in the US on the 21st (according to their email). Give or take a couple days after that it will be available in Tmo stores. They wont prolong this any further.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi y'all. Been lurking since Announcement of the 7. Upgraded from my 4 that i bought the day it launched. got the blue 7 LOVE IT. posting from it right now in fact.
But i just read an update on Samsung's website. That has the date of the sep 21st for replacements. Hope this is right.
Not trying to get people's hopes up. Or troll anyone

Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program

This is my first post in your forum. So i had to manually type the address. As it would not let me past the link...

I kept my Note 4, as back up phone. Like you, mine is will be 2 years old in Oct. Works perfectly.

I just took the sim out of my Note 7, put the adapter on, slipped the sim in my Note 4, 200 sd card, fresh battery, turned in the Note 7 at a T mobile store, got my refund.. Waiting for the NEW Note 7, and Gear S3.. Going double up this time. Should have kept your Note 4..

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
just got an email from Samsung.... note 7 will be ready by Sep 21.

Dear Joe, as part of our voluntary recall, Samsung is announcing that new Galaxy Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than September 21, 2016.

The company received approval for its exchange program from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and has announced an official U.S. voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7. We strongly advise all customers who have Galaxy Note7 devices to replace their current device with a new device under the terms of the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program.

Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:

1. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 as approved by the CPSC; or
2. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices; or
3. Contact your point of purchase to obtain a refund.

Details can be found at Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program or contact us toll-free at 1-844-365-6197, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation.

Got the same e-mail. Can't wait!

Chance

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Is it still possible to return note 7 to get the down payment back like others have done and get the replacement when it comes out?

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I haven't received an email letting me know that they'll be ready by the 21st, has everyone else that received a loaner already received that e-mail?

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I haven't received an email letting me know that they'll be ready by the 21st, has everyone else that received a loaner already received that e-mail?

When I was checking my T-Mobile account a little while ago I noticed my Galaxy Note 7 says return accepted so maybe they're in the process of getting everything ready for next week.

As well got a text I just notice

Last edited:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Those that have turned in your note 7s and are using a loaner right now, let us know once the replacement Note 7 is in if they do actually charge the full down payment tax again and/or if the overall phone cost is lowered at all. I ended up ordering a s edge plus permanent replacement to save some $$. I'll probably look back into the note 7 next year depending what else may be out then.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
When I was checking my T-Mobile account a little while ago I noticed my Galaxy Note 7 says return accepted so maybe they're in the process of getting everything ready for next week.

As well got a text I just notice
So, when did you return your phone and where did you see it was accepted?
I use the T-mobile app and I am really frustrated at the lack of real time information. I have a few things going on I am waiting to come off my bill. I have a late Assurant return, bill credits I told last Thursday would take up to 72 hours to post and now these Note7 returns.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
So, when did you return your phone and where did you see it was accepted?
I use the T-mobile app and I am really frustrated at the lack of real time information. I have a few things going on I am waiting to come off my bill. I have a late Assurant return, bill credits I told last Thursday would take up to 72 hours to post and now these Note7 returns.

I never returned my phone... Typing on my note 7 as I speak

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Got a text from tmobile saying my order been processed. I guess it's the new note 7 because I never turned my old one in and never exchanged it for a loaner

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Got a text from tmobile saying my order been processed. I guess it's the new note 7 because I never turned my old one in and never exchanged it for a loaner

That's what I'm thinking as well I guess they're in the process of getting everything in order on their end for the massive returns and exchanges that's going to happen in a few days

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I never returned my phone... Typing on my note 7 as I speak
Now, I'm really confused. Your return was accepted for a phone you never returned?
I finally broke down and returned mine on Sunday because it was my understanding that they would refund everything paid to that point. If new phones were only a week away, I should be getting all my money back, as opposed to keep paying on a phone I couldn't use. I guess I'll be calling T-mobile again today. I see nothing on my account yet. Their app sucks for real time updates.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Now, I'm really confused. Your return was accepted for a phone you never returned?
I finally broke down and returned mine on Sunday because it was my understanding that they would refund everything paid to that point. If new phones were only a week away, I should be getting all my money back, as opposed to keep paying on a phone I couldn't use. I guess I'll be calling T-mobile again today. I see nothing on my account yet. Their app sucks for real time updates.

Let's not put all our eggs in one basket maybe it's something in TMobile system that they're going to process a lot of replacements so they consider it a return because I haven't been credited anything on my account

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I got the Gear VR with my original S7 Edge, the Gear Fit2 with the Note 7, and I got the 256 gb card when I went back to the S7 Edge. Another gift if I return to the Note 7? It's been the one positive thing about this whole mess for customers.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Samsung still hasn't approved my Gear VR for my S7 Edge loaner yet. All I've gotten is a confirmation that it was sent in.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Samsung still hasn't approved my Gear VR for my S7 Edge loaner yet. All I've gotten is a confirmation that it was sent in.
Have you used the status checker? I only received the submission email as well but when I checked the status less than 24 hours after it was submitted, it said approved and preparing for shipment. Still no email that it was approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance