T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Have you used the status checker? I only received the submission email as well but when I checked the status less than 24 hours after it was submitted, it said approved and preparing for shipment. Still no email that it was approved.
No. I forgot that I could. My brain is fried from working 50+hours a week the past few weeks. Thanks!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Have you used the status checker? I only received the submission email as well but when I checked the status less than 24 hours after it was submitted, it said approved and preparing for shipment. Still no email that it was approved.
Just checked. Mine had been approved as well!

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I haven't received an email letting me know that they'll be ready by the 21st, has everyone else that received a loaner already received that e-mail?
I never requested a loaner but I got the email and will wait until they ship me a revised Note 7. I'm not going to go through all the chaos of explaining why I need my replacement and dealing with T-Mobile service reps that have no idea what's going on.

In the meantime I'm perfectly fine using my Note 7 that runs perfectly well and is cool to the touch even cooler than my son's S7 Edge or my other phone which is an S7 Active.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
So, when did you return your phone and where did you see it was accepted?
I use the T-mobile app and I am really frustrated at the lack of real time information. I have a few things going on I am waiting to come off my bill. I have a late Assurant return, bill credits I told last Thursday would take up to 72 hours to post and now these Note7 returns.

I was instructed to return my Note 7 back into a Tmobile store, with all the accessories, minus the sim card and little adapter. I kept the sim and the sim adapter to be able to swap the same sim between my Note 4 and Note 7. They issued me a FULL REFUND back to my card. It took 2 days for it to show up on my card. Since I am not hurting with my Note 4, I think I am going to wait a couple weeks, actually for the time the Gear S3 Frontier Smartwatch comes out and then get both. By that time, everything should be sorted out..

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I just talked to T-Force on Twitter. They told me current Note owners would get dibs on the replacements. We'd get a text on how to proceed. She said the new one would be shipped to me with a return label for the loaner and recalled device. No bothering with a retail location at all. Sounds good to me!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if that's the case for me I returned mine to the store as soon as I saw the email pressuring us to return to stores now and get replacement. I have the loaner and decided to wait on the Note 7 replacements rather than go with my other permanent replacement choice

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I just talked to T-Force on Twitter. They told me current Note owners would get dibs on the replacements. We'd get a text on how to proceed. She said the new one would be shipped to me with a return label for the loaner and recalled device. No bothering with a retail location at all. Sounds good to me!

On another thread ( http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=724978 ) the store they asked won't know how many people are actually going to exchange their replacement. Some like the replacement and others want to wait. I'll wait until the day their actually available, maybe the 21st, and call tmobile to see if they're selling to the public.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I would be so ooo pissed if I can't get it right away. I was pressured into returning for a loaner with the impression I can swap when it came out. If I get put in the back of the line, I'm going to lose it!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
On another thread ( http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=724978 ) the store they asked won't know how many people are actually going to exchange their replacement. Some like the replacement and others want to wait. I'll wait until the day their actually available, maybe the 21st, and call tmobile to see if they're selling to the public.
That's why I don't like dealing with retail stores. They don't always have the latest info from corporate. I also saw that post was about US Cellular. I'm not sure if carriers have leeway in how they want to handle the replacements.

T-Force on Twitter (@tmohelp) tends to have the most recent info if you want to contact them.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
That's why I don't like dealing with retail stores. They don't always have the latest info from corporate. I also saw that post was about US Cellular. I'm not sure if carriers have leeway in how they want to handle the replacements.

T-Force on Twitter (@tmohelp) tends to have the most recent info if you want to contact them.

I've been reading this tmobile thread from the beginning. The retailers aren't up to date in anything either.

I'm not saying those who want replacements shouldn't be first, they should. But not everyone who had one is getting one. I wonder how many have the iPhone 7 today...

tripleblaze

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site

I hope that is really what happens. I would MUCH rather have the new note 7 shipped to me so I won't have to deal with rude store reps and I can take my time making sure everything is transferred to and set up properly on the new phone.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I hope that is really what happens. I would MUCH rather have the new note 7 shipped to me so I won't have to deal with rude store reps and I can take my time making sure everything is transferred to and set up properly on the new phone.

And to keep there little monkey hands off your phone (no offense).
download.jpg

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I called T-Mobile this morning to try and set up having a replacement Note 7 mailed to me and that rep said that I will have to go into a retail store to do the exchange and turn in my loaner. Kind of bummed because that will just add to the amount of time I have to spend there compared to just going in and dropping them off. Obviously this info may vary depending on which rep you talk to but it's what I was told this morning. The only reason I can think they wouldn't ship to individuals it is cuts down on time for them to get the units out; as in just put a bunch on a pallet and send them to a store instead of having to package each one individually and create labels for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.