T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
When I was in twitter to tmo, they said the 21st will start exchanges for existing N7 folks and the 28th will "hopefully" start for new purchases.

I think this is going to be based on the store and location. Where I'm from, the only Tmobile store near me is a very slow, and they even said they haven't had hardly anyone come in to do a Note exchange/return. I imagine people will be able to find somewhere to do a purchase starting on Wednesday.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
When I was in twitter to tmo, they said the 21st will start exchanges for existing N7 folks and the 28th will "hopefully" start for new purchases.

By "exchanges," is that referring to people who opted to get a loaner? I outright returned mine with the intention of re-purchasing a Note 7. If I have to wait longer just because I returned my original (as obviously recommended by Samsung), that's when I'll get loud.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I think this is going to be based on the store and location. Where I'm from, the only Tmobile store near me is a very slow, and they even said they haven't had hardly anyone come in to do a Note exchange/return. I imagine people will be able to find somewhere to do a purchase starting on Wednesday.
My local store has about 15 that they've had turned in they are also saying the 21st

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
By "exchanges," is that referring to people who opted to get a loaner? I outright returned mine with the intention of re-purchasing a Note 7. If I have to wait longer just because I returned my original (as obviously recommended by Samsung), that's when I'll get loud.
If you returned, just make sure there are notes on your account stating you would be eligible to get the replacement N7. I wouldn't count on the store being able to pull the phone history on your account to confirm you had one. Proactive before Wednesday will be the key. If you have twitter I would reach out to them there. Calling in mat be hit or miss depending on who is on the other end of the phone.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a a twitter message telling me that it would be the same date. I don't think they will sit on phones when they could sell them. Makes no sense to me.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I stopped by the Tmo store at the Brandon, FL mall. And they are all saying the same "September 21st". So, until then, I will continue to enjoy owning THE MOST DANGEROUS PHONE IN THE WORLD!

I got the FREE 256GB card in the other day and have all my files backed up on it, so when I swap out, it should be pretty painless.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile chat transcript as well as T Force confirm that I will be able to do a swap from my Edge exchange back to the Note 7 on Wednesday so even if they reps at the store try to give me hell (which wouldn't surprise me at all) I think I have enough support to come out on top. The only real negative about T-Mobile is their store reps. I've had a few good ones but most are lousy and are just in it for themselves and their commission.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had mixed experiences as well at both corporate-owned stores as well as third-party retailers. I've narrowed down which ones I avoid.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile chat transcript as well as T Force confirm that I will be able to do a swap from my Edge exchange back to the Note 7 on Wednesday so even if they reps at the store try to give me hell (which wouldn't surprise me at all) I think I have enough support to come out on top. The only real negative about T-Mobile is their store reps. I've had a few good ones but most are lousy and are just in it for themselves and their commission.
Agreed. Unless you get a manager, they're all pretty clueless to their procedures. Maybe I'll try to get someone on twitter on the 21st to just order one again. The reps in the store state that it's more difficult on them if you buy online, then try to get service in the stores. Now that I think about it, the only reason I even went to the retail store is because we were told to return their. If there is a next time, I think I'll take whatever option that keeps me out of their stores.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I got this response on 9/13. It even mentions the store will put me on a list. Ha! They don't have a list.

84d1a99ea20e10b1cc2218916731bc47.jpg

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Agreed. Unless you get a manager, they're all pretty clueless to their procedures. Maybe I'll try to get someone on twitter on the 21st to just order one again. The reps in the store state that it's more difficult on them if you buy online, then try to get service in the stores. Now that I think about it, the only reason I even went to the retail store is because we were told to return their. If there is a next time, I think I'll take whatever option that keeps me out of their stores.

Tmobile imo kind of boxed themselves into a problem when they added the option to get a loaner S7 Edge several days AFTER they kept pressuring us to come in and just do a flat out exchange. It really doesn't seem fair that those (like me) that were proactive to participate in the recall potentially got a very short end of the stick here...so, I think a lot of stores will be making "exceptions" for customers who put their foot down...which is what I will be doing if I have to. Insert Rick Grimes "Ehhh...that deal's not gonna work for us."

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Did you notice, he did a double talk. Said you'd be on a list, but on the last line that doing an exchange won't grant you a priory.
No, there wasn't any double talk. I didn't copy my question. But, I was asking if any priority would be given to anyone exchanging over those who have already returned theirs. The list would be if I had exchanged it. However, no such list exists.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
No, there wasn't any double talk. I didn't copy my question. But, I was asking if any priority would be given to anyone exchanging over those who have already returned theirs. The list would be if I had exchanged it. However, no such list exists.

Attachments

• 7209.jpg
    7209.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 89

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

The way that I read this is that Tmobile is not going to be holding devices specifically for those that chose to hold onto their fire hazards until the new devices were released.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The way that I read this is that Tmobile is not going to be holding devices specifically for those that chose to hold onto their fire hazards until the new devices were released.

That's how I'm reading it to. But it sounded like if you were replacing yours you're on a list. But I guess the list doesn't take priority. So I guess the list is just to know who is replacing theirs?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a close contact at two local tmobile stores so hopefully I'll be able to get right in there when one is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.