T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I can only imagine the chaos at T-mobile stores when someone brings their defective note 7 to return, their loaner S7 to return and then get the new Note 7.

Hours upon hours it will take.

(at least at my T-mo store because they are not the greatest)

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Most of us have been told things like "we have no idea". Literally.

I think if you haven't swapped out your Note 7 you'll be able to get a replacement pretty quick for those who have a loaner I really don't know what to tell you I don't know the procedure. But it was said before the loners were given to people it will be able to exchange it for the Note 7l when it came available

s0nic_201

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
We all have to be patient again. I held on to my note 7, as they suggested in the beginning. Honestly i wouldnt mind having to walk into a tmobile store as long as i can walk out with my Coral Blue precious.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If everyone doesn't get stock by the 21st, this could really smell for Samsung. Was it just a coincidence the email came out the day before the iPhone went on sale? "Just hang on just a few more days. You'll get your phone. Don't look that way. You don't want that phone."

Well, it didn't work. Some went to "the phone that must not be named". I don't know if they'll change back, but some might.

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Yup your right. Just called lawrenceville, lavista, and loganville t-mobile. Lavista is still on the old information of 2-3 weeks and next week is the third week. That's what samsung told that store. I hope they get updated information soon. The other ones were more up to date about the website and samsung's new recall policies. Loganville said possibly thursday but sometime near the end of the week. Lawrenceville said similar that they have a truck coming tomorrow but aren't told if there are note 7 replacements on it and that they are expecting them near the end of the week but samsung hasn't told them when they'll get them. I wish it could just be shipped.

I just called the T-mobile stores in Conyers, GA and Stonecrest Mall. All they knew was "Samsung said it will be the 21st." That is all they could say.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
OK so a report out today is saying Samsung will relaunch the Note 7 on October 21st.

Report says this is for new purchases.

So if you returned your Note for a full refund is this now considered a new purchase?

I guess they are giving it a month to get all the bad ones off the street. This should also ease the FAA rules.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I hope that isn't related to the news that all stores will have note 7s by Sept 21. If it's another month that's bull

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
OK so a report out today is saying Samsung will relaunch the Note 7 on October 21st.

So if you returned your Note for a full refund is this now considered a new purchase?

I guess they are giving it a month to get all the bad ones off the street. This should also ease the FAA rules.

Hopefully this will only apply to those that have never had a Note 7 at all.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Yes, if you returned for a full refund then you are going to have to wait until it officially goes back on sale. Right now their priority is the folks who still have their Note 7's and those who got loaners. I have a loaner and still have my Note 7, I phoned in the other day to ask a question and told them that (have a loaner and Note 7 still) and the rep gave me the impression that since I have a loaner then I need to wait until I get an email stating that they have replacements in. Forget that, if I call a store and they have replacements I'm going, I'm not going to wait for a frickin' email. My loaner is an S7 (I don't really like edge phones but I didn't realize the S7 was smaller than the S7 Edge) and I can't stand this phone at all, I've had it since Wednesday and been miserable. I've been pondering just firing up (no pun intended) my Note 7 and using it until I get a replacement, that's how much I dislike the S7.

s0nic_201

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, if you returned for a full refund then you are going to have to wait until it officially goes back on sale. Right now their priority is the folks who still have their Note 7's and those who got loaners. I have a loaner and still have my Note 7, I phoned in the other day to ask a question and told them that (have a loaner and Note 7 still) and the rep gave me the impression that since I have a loaner then I need to wait until I get an email stating that they have replacements in. Forget that, if I call a store and they have replacements I'm going, I'm not going to wait for a frickin' email. My loaner is an S7 (I don't really like edge phones but I didn't realize the S7 was smaller than the S7 Edge) and I can't stand this phone at all, I've had it since Wednesday and been miserable. I've been pondering just firing up (no pun intended) my Note 7 and using it until I get a replacement, that's how much I dislike the S7.
You stated that you dont like curved phones, but the Note 7 has curves. I agree with you you though, i couldnt stand the S6e, S6e+,S7e because it was so steep. Basically is was just too curved for my taste, but the Note 7 is such a beautiful device, the curves compliment the device well and are barely noticable. What made you choose the Note 7 even though it has the curves?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I was told locally at my tmobile store that I can swap my note 5 loaner for the note 7 when it arrives. This is the store that I promptly returned my recalled Note 7 last weekend.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Just called T-Mobile store here in St Louis. He said they just heard that T-Mobile won't ship them out till the end of the week and that they won't have them until sometime next week. This is unbelievable. I can call 5 different T-Mobile stores and get a completely different answer everytime.

Called another store. They said Samsung is supposed to have them shipped in by Wednesday. He's looking for them to be coming in anytime.

Huddle up T-Mobile. Get a game plan lol

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Just called T-Mobile store here in St Louis. He said they just heard that T-Mobile won't ship them out till the end of the week and that they won't have them until sometime next week. This is unbelievable. I can call 5 different T-Mobile stores and get a completely different answer everytime.

too much confusion too many people saying different things I think the best thing to do is wait until Wednesday. There's a lot of unnecessary stress and Panic here everybody's will get a new Note 7 no worries

tara segaline

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Looks like T-mobile is getting ready for the new Notes to go out. My T-Mobile account has been changed. My loaner phone EIP is now gone and my Note 7 EIP is reactivated. I guess they are doing this so in store reps will be able to streamline to process. If they just have to swap phones it will be easier than having to sign EIP's and process the whole transaction.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Looks like T-mobile is getting ready for the new Notes to go out. My T-Mobile account has been changed. My loaner phone EIP is now gone and my Note 7 EIP is reactivated. I guess they are doing this so in store reps will be able to streamline to process. If they just have to swap phones it will be easier than having to sign EIP's and process the whole transaction.

Everyone Wednesday

Attachments

• 1602.jpg
    1602.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 62

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I just called the T-mobile stores in Conyers, GA and Stonecrest Mall. All they knew was "Samsung said it will be the 21st." That is all they could say.

Thank you for reporting. I'd rather have the store say "Samsung said" then we don't know. Although I think it's the same result. I'm going to call same stores tomorrow especially Lawrenceville since they said a truck is coming in. Even though they don't know what's in it, kind of hard to believe. Should have asked if the manager knew.

s0nic_201

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Its a blessing that no one lost there life in this whole fiasco, but in the other hand maybe its a good thing that something like this has happened. Now every OEM will triple test Q&A before the launch of a device which will be befinical to the consumers in the long run and hopefully OEMs wont come out with so many devices in a year. The Galaxy Family should consist of a Pro - range device, the Note, a consumer highend device, S and Se, and the mid range device. Also hopefully this will force manufacters to look for safer battery tech going forward.
Samsung has the pieces to bring the heat to Apple but this battery problem might have slow down traction, hopefully not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed