T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Just got off the phone with tmo in Nashua, NH and the manager said they will be getting there's in tomorrow. Has the tracking numbers from UPS. Asked if any process in place and just that exchanges will be taken care of first and that they are get a bunch of them. And before anyone asks, exchanges is anyone currently with one or had a previous one and did the "loaner" program.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I got a Note 7 silver and then exchanged it for a Note 7 black the day that came out at a different store from where I got the silver from. Not sure how they processed my Note 7 silver/black exchange but when I went to take back the Note 7 when I got my S7 Edge, they couldn't process the return because they couldn't find Note 7 exchange on their system. They told me my best bet would be to go to the actual store where I got the Note 7 black from, which is an hour away from me, and I won't be able to go until around 7PM on the supposed date they are coming out.

Way out west

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Ok, called 611 and a rep out of GA told me that I would have to return the loaner and the defective note 7 by mail with a shipping label she is going to send out. She also told me I could order the new note 7 by mail as soon as they have them....

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Ok, called 611 and a rep out of GA told me that I would have to return the loaner and the defective note 7 by mail with a shipping label she is going to send out. She also told me I could order the new note 7 by mail as soon as they have them....

Just called T-Mobile about an account question and ask again about the note 7 replacements and I was told customers will get receive a text message in the next few days on what's gonna happen if it's a instore exchange or mailed out to you. This is crazy everyone has a different answer... We should all email lerge

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Called 3 stores in Maryland and got 3 different answers, got the wife a loaner S7E and she doesn't want to keep it, she wants her note back, lol. I just got her to switch from an iphone but she is fed up with how this whole thing was handled. Hopefully I can get some clarity on Wednesday

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I was told a few minutes ago that I have to call customer care and order a new note 7 on the 21st and then I will get a text or email message to pick it up in a store. It sounds promising because it saves you time to go and making sure it is available for pick up. I have yet to call customer care if its true. The 844 number gave me that info and she said they were just handed a report to tell customers that.

I called 5 stores in my area (NY) and they are all clueless. One said on the 28th. 3 said we don't know and just hung up and the one near me said to check on the 21st. So we will see...

Fyi, I bought mine online so Im nnot really sure why the rep told me that.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I was told a few minutes ago that I have to call customer care and order a new note 7 on the 21st and then I will get a text or email message to pick it up in a store. It sounds promising because it saves you time to go and making sure it is available for pick up. I have yet to call customer care if its true. The 844 number gave me that info and she said they were just handed a report to tell customers that.

I called 5 stores in my area (NY) and they are all clueless. One said on the 28th. 3 said we don't know and just hung up and the one near me said to check on the 21st. So we will see...

Fyi, I bought mine online so Im nnot really sure why the rep told me that.

Yeah, that makes no sense, my wife got hers online too, so much misinformation, that could change tomorrow, smh

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Their definition of replacements are them being the new version non-flammable phones. I think you were asking them if they were just for exchanges with your current Note7.
I don't feel anyone should get preferential treatment because they hung onto theirs and got a loaner. If they have phones, they should sell them. Most people won't be lining up at the door for a replacement. Look how many people are still using theirs. Within days they should have plenty sitting there in stock for everyone, IMO.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Their definition of replacements are them being the new version non-flammable phones. I think you were asking them if they were just for exchanges with your current Note7.
I don't feel anyone should get preferential treatment because they hung onto theirs and got a loaner. If they have phones, they should sell them. Most people won't be lining up at the door for a replacement. Look how many people are still using theirs. Within days they should have plenty sitting there in stock for everyone, IMO.

They said brand new note 7s

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Was able to call customer care and they told me they are also selling not just replacing the note 7 in stores on the 21st.

I see chaos lol!

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Ugh these conflicting things we are told by reps just get better each day. I'm in GA too and called the 611 today and told the complete opposite. I was told there is no shipping process and I have to return loaner to store and pick up replacement note 7 at any store when they become available. I have a feeling the answer is going to change on the hour, representative, and day x_x

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Was able to call customer care and they told me they are also selling not just replacing the note 7 in stores on the 21st.

I see chaos lol!

From a business standpoint I understand. They don't know how many people are going to come in any given day and ask for an exchange. In theory, everyone should have returned their phone or gotten a loaner phone. I sent mine back for full refund to see what apple released. Wasn't impressed and hopeful to purchase a new note on Wednesday. The entire process has not been handled the best, don't know if that is the carriers fault or samsungs fault or a little of both.

Nilo7

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Called 3 stores in Maryland and got 3 different answers, got the wife a loaner S7E and she doesn't want to keep it, she wants her note back, lol. I just got her to switch from an iphone but she is fed up with how this whole thing was handled. Hopefully I can get some clarity on Wednesday
Where in Maryland? Most of the places I've called said the 21st.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Called TMobile this morning, they are still holding on to their shenanigan of 9/21....lol. First rep, they will be available on 9/21, 2nd rep we will receive shipment on 9/21, then I called the 611 number, I was told they will be able to mail them out, if I called on 9/21. Rep even promised to give me a call that day (I didn't ask), maybe it's because I told her, Samsung has said by the 21, not that it had to be on 9/21....I also told her that Best Buy, Att, Sprint and Sam's Club were handing them out already and it makes me have no confidence in Tmoible, if you guys can't keep up with even Sam's Club......lol. So let's see what happens, I would prefer they mail me out my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv