T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
If you bought your phone straight from Samsung then that may be the case. But I guarantee you when I walk in a T-Mobile store and offer to buy a Note 7 and they have them in stock, they're selling them

I think you're right. Both Verizon and Sprint have resumed sales of the Note 7 to anyone who wants one, through their websites.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ugh these conflicting things we are told by reps just get better each day. I'm in GA too and called the 611 today and told the complete opposite. I was told there is no shipping process and I have to return loaner to store and pick up replacement note 7 at any store when they become available. I have a feeling the answer is going to change on the hour, representative, and day x_x
In OH I was also told to turn in and exchange at the store level. My store contact even strongly suggested I go to his store since the account is well noted for the loaner Note 5 to New note 7 exchange and it should be simple walking in once they've got stock

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
From a business standpoint I understand. They don't know how many people are going to come in any given day and ask for an exchange. In theory, everyone should have returned their phone or gotten a loaner phone. I sent mine back for full refund to see what apple released. Wasn't impressed and hopeful to purchase a new note on Wednesday. The entire process has not been handled the best, don't know if that is the carriers fault or samsungs fault or a little of both.
My.one local store said they wouldn't have the iPhone 7 plus for a month.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
That would be nice too, but it was still something. Persoally I'd be thrilled if I could just get it for 0 down 0 taxes by swapping my loaner note 5 for it.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Doubt it. They'll more than likely run some type of promo to pull in customers. I see a lot of BOGO offers coming in the next month or two with a free VR headset. Loyal customers who towed the line will be left in the dark. Well they might give you another $25 to spend in their app store.

If I was Samsung I'd be looking to move on to the S8 as fast as possible or praying the iPhone has some major flaw that takes the headlines off me.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If I was Samsung I'd be looking to move on to the S8 as fast as possible or praying the iPhone has some major flaw that takes the headlines off me.
Agree.

They're getting the word out. My local morning news talked about replacements. So they're working on getting positives out.

Anyone going to try today or just wait one more day?

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
So I just spoke to the manager at the corporate T-Mobile store in Orlando. What they are doing is selling and replacing phones on tomorrow. They have a certain amount for people that never exchanged the note 7, a certain amount for people that have a loaner, and a certain amount for new sales. He said that the amount set aside for the people that still have the note is much higher than the other ones which is understandable.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So I just spoke to the manager at the corporate T-Mobile store in Orlando. What they are doing is selling and replacing phones on tomorrow. They have a certain amount for people that never exchanged the note 7, a certain amount for people that have a loaner, and a certain amount for new sales. He said that the amount set aside for the people that still have the note is much higher than the other ones which is understandable.

Except this poll says only 18% of those who went for iPhones are coming back. Sure it's a bit skewed, but they'll have tons they will sale that were reserved. Give them a few days for those and they'll sell them to anyone who walks in.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=726181
Plus count those who have other loaners who aren't coming back.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Collegeville store pissed me off so bad last week that I don't even want to go back there to get a new one when they come in.

What sucks is going into the other forums I see AT&T and other carriers already swapping out devices to customers T-Mobile needs to get their act together this is getting a little frustrated. I spoke to a T-Mobile store in my area over here in New York and they told me tomorrow they will have devices and supposedly they're holding me a coral blue let's see..

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Except this poll says only 18% of those who went for iPhones are coming back. Sure it's a bit skewed, but they'll have tons they will sale that were reserved. Give them a few days for those and they'll sell them to anyone who walks in.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=726181
Plus count those who have other loaners who aren't coming back.

I was one of them I have an iPhone 7 plus coming to me but I cancel my order over the weekend

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
So, you're not that loyal to Samsung. You'll jump ship if need be. Hmmm. I never even considered the iPhone. Never ordered one in my life.

It was offered to me by T-Mobile customer service at a discounted price I took the offer but I did cancel my order, at the time I made my order Samsung T-Mobile didn't have the details of Replacements coming out anytime soon I was frustrated like many other people and being loyal to a brand I am to a certain extent but when my life is in danger especially having a cell phone charging and having a pregnant girlfriend around I have to look at other resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey