T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It was offered to me by T-Mobile customer service at a discounted price I took the offer but I did cancel my order, at the time I made my order Samsung T-Mobile didn't have the details of Replacements coming out anytime soon I was frustrated like many other people and being loyal to a brand I am to a certain extent but when my life is in danger especially having a cell phone charging and having a pregnant girlfriend around I have to look at other resources
I hadn't ordered the iPhone but I did order and S6 Edge Plus before it had a date update on The note7 Replacements I tried to cancel before it shipped it was too late but they allowed me to return it for no fee which I did
I was one of them I have an iPhone 7 plus coming to me but I cancel my order over the weekend

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I hadn't ordered the iPhone but I did order and S6 Edge Plus before it had a date update on The note7 Replacements I tried to cancel before it shipped it was too late but they allowed me to return it for no fee which I did

Well for me it's different iPhone 7 plus is so backed order it's not estimate to get shipped to me to me at the time around mid-october so I was able to cancel my order

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Well for me it's different iPhone 7 plus is so backed order it's not estimate to get shipped to me to me at the time around mid-october so I was able to cancel my order
I even asked our local T-Mobile stores the one anyway and they said the iphone7 plus won't be in stock for about a month

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I can wait one more day. As long as they have them in tomorrow and I can walk out with my new Note 7 and be over this mess we'll be good to go. And I'm sitting out for the S8 most likely. I've had enough of dealing with upgrades and retail stores for a little while

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I can tell you this right now, If T-mobile makes us all have to go to stores to do these trade ins it will be absolutely complete chaos.

You will have stores that will be selling and replacing at the same time. One person comes in buys the note 7 for first time person behind him trading in old note 7 but nope no more left. Will be insane.

It has to be one of the other. If stores are getting new stock in then they must be calling people who still have their note 7 to trade in. They CAN NOT be selling and doing trade-ins at the same time. They wont have enough stock. (unless ALL stores are getting massive amounts of new shipments)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to be the moral police here, but ordering loaner phones for the sole purpose of getting a free VR to me seems like outright fraud. If you ordered a loaner phone and never intended or needed one to use, why get one? That program was put in place for people who did not have a backup phone and wanted to stop using their Note7. Not sure if Samsung has any safeguards in place to avoid things like this. You would think at least they would be able to verify if a phone was never activated. Otherwise, all anyone would need to do was grab information from the outside of any retail box.
I understand some people feel like they are entitled to some extra gift due to this whole fiasco and that's how they justify it in their minds. To me, it just seems like very shady.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I can tell you this right now, If T-mobile makes us all have to go to stores to do these trade ins it will be absolutely complete chaos.

You will have stores that will be selling and replacing at the same time. One person comes in buys the note 7 for first time person behind him trading in old note 7 but nope no more left. Will be insane.

It has to be one of the other. If stores are getting new stock in then they must be calling people who still have their note 7 to trade in. They CAN NOT be selling and doing trade-ins at the same time. They wont have enough stock. (unless ALL stores are getting massive amounts of new shipments)

Not everyone is trading in for a Note 7. Not everyone us buying one.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I know our store doesn't have a list. If I was managing a store and if someone called to see if we had inventory, I would hold it for a few hours. That's it. I would not risk any sales putting a bunch of people on a list before they were delivered and not have any stock to sell in case they don't show up that day. I am sure if each average store only gets like 12 (just using an arbitrary number) on day one, they will probably get another shipment or two by the weekend. Why sit on all of them if you only had 2 or 3 calls that day for someone to hold them?
Personally, I am going to try and stay away from the stores and do it online, if at all possible. How many customers which don't already own or previously owned the Note7 will come into the store asking to purchase one? Probably close to zero is my guess.
They still think they are defective. For everyone else asking, they should have plenty on hand, I would think.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It was offered to me by T-Mobile customer service at a discounted price I took the offer but I did cancel my order, at the time I made my order Samsung T-Mobile didn't have the details of Replacements coming out anytime soon I was frustrated like many other people and being loyal to a brand I am to a certain extent but when my life is in danger especially having a cell phone charging and having a pregnant girlfriend around I have to look at other resources

Oh I see. There was no other phone available to trade for. Safety concerns are first, I agree. If they have only an iphone available then you grab it.

Wait. I thought you said you ordered the iPhone? If you were in a rush, why order?
So what phone did you trade for? For safety reasons of course. Any features you think it's better then the Note 7?

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Oh I see. There was no other phone available to trade for. Safety concerns are first, I agree. If they have only an iphone available then you grab it.

Wait. I thought you said you ordered the iPhone? If you were in a rush, why order?
So what phone did you trade for? For safety reasons of course. Any features you think it's better then the Note 7?

LOL what is this an interrogation, before I came to Samsung I was with Apple so they're a little more familiar to me on an Android system the only phones I will get is a Samsung device. I don't like the other android operating phones HTC Sony LG etc...

I didn't trade in my Note 7 I still have it

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm not stressing over this anymore. I've got notations on my account 6 ways to Sunday that clearly say I will be swapping my S7 edge loaner for new Note 7 without any out of pocket expenses and if the store rep tries to give me a problem we're to get on the phone with Customer Care to get it all taken care of. If any of you have any concerns over how this is gonna play out at the store I would advise you to get on the phone with T-Mobile and have them note your account.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm not stressing over this anymore. I've got notations on my account 6 ways to Sunday that clearly say I will be swapping my S7 edge loaner for new Note 7 without any out of pocket expenses and if the store rep tries to give me a problem we're to get on the phone with Customer Care to get it all taken care of. If any of you have any concerns over how this is gonna play out at the store I would advise you to get on the phone with T-Mobile and have them note your account.
I thought we were going to be billed a down pmt and tax again on the Note 7, since we turned in the recalled N7 and got a loaner, we got a credit when that hapened.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I checked tmobile site and they're not showing the note 7 for sale. Hopefully we all get our replacement Note 7s without issue.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I thought we were going to be billed a down pmt and tax again on the Note 7, since we turned in the recalled N7 and got a loaner, we got a credit when that hapened.
Not according to the conversations I've had. I didn't pay anything upfront for the note 7 originally though.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
LOL what is this an interrogation, before I came to Samsung I was with Apple so they're a little more familiar to me on an Android system the only phones I will get is a Samsung device. I don't like the other android operating phones HTC Sony LG etc...

I didn't trade in my Note 7 I still have it

Lol no interrogation. Just curious. I'm sure you're being safe with your Note 7 and pregnant girlfriend. On the news this morning the news caster said her brother was sleeping with the Note 7 in a box. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.