T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I just called the 844 number and yes, they had me place a replacement order and then said that it will be shipped to my store of choice. Now whether it will actually be shipped there or I get a notification saying it's ready to be picked up there, I don't know.

What a cluster!

This is nonsense already they have left a very sour taste in my mouth for every phone pre-order there's always some type of mess with T-Mobile.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Store 1: Didn't get any in yet. Said a Samsung rep stopped by recently and said they may come in early next week or the week after...
Store 2: Haven't gotten an official announcement yet, just kind of waiting for an official announcement.
Store 3: Nobody answered. Didn't call back. (Watch this store actually have them available, lol...)
Store 4: Supposed to be shipping them out starting this week, kind of check around some more.
Store 5: Heard a little bit about the whole thing, but haven't gotten any stock yet.
Store 6: Some stores have gotten (supposedly) them but nothing will start until tomorrow...
Store 7: We're supposed to be getting some shipments, starting tomorrow probably.
Store 8: We're starting to receive them tomorrow.
Store 9: Not getting them until sometime in October...
Store 10: Starting to "ship out" starting tomorrow. Matter of time until the stores get them. No official word on when they'll receive them.

I'll just assume that tomorrow will be the day when most stores get their shipments and reps get all the official information about the whole thing.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Store 1: Didn't get any in yet. Said a Samsung rep stopped by recently and said they may come in early next week or the week after...
Store 2: Haven't gotten an official announcement yet, just kind of waiting for an official announcement.
Store 3: Nobody answered. Didn't call back. (Watch this store actually have them available, lol...)
Store 4: Supposed to be shipping them out starting this week, kind of check around some more.
Store 5: Heard a little bit about the whole thing, but haven't gotten any stock yet.
Store 6: Some stores have gotten (supposedly) them but nothing will start until tomorrow...
Store 7: We're supposed to be getting some shipments, starting tomorrow probably.
Store 8: We're starting to receive them tomorrow.
Store 9: Not getting them until sometime in October...
Store 10: Starting to "ship out" starting tomorrow. Matter of time until the stores get them. No official word on when they'll receive them.

I'll just assume that tomorrow will be the day when most stores get their shipments and reps get all the official information about the whole thing.
Yeah. I did the OCD thing and called my local store in Newington and they don't have them. Called 611 and was advised tomorrow will be release/swap day. They put me in for the warranty exchange and sent a text confirming order is processing and will be notified via text when it arrives at the store.

s0nic_201

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
The last store i called said to call back in 2 hours. Does anybody know if the 844 shipments will be shipped out for pick up tomorrow or thursday?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I had a very pleasing conversation with another local store. If things happen the way he said, then I will be a Tmobile customer for a long time coming.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Ok. Mine said that they are creating new sku's to enable them to sim poll you swap out the loaner phone for the replacement Note 7, ZERO out of pocket for customers to worry about when coming in to exchange.
Also, they are very adamant about taking care of all replacement Note 7s before processing any new customer sales (those that hadn't ordered one before the recall)

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Also, they are very adamant about taking care of all replacement Note 7s before processing any new customer sales (those that hadn't ordered one before the recall)

The only thing missing is taking care of people who returned their Note 7's with the intention of still getting a replacement that didn't get / want a loaner.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The only thing missing is taking care of people who returned their Note 7's with the intention of still getting a replacement that didn't get / want a loaner.
Those count as well, according to my local store. I have a loaner. I didn't want to turn my Note 7 in but it was made out to be a serious recall so I didn't want to chance it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I misread what you said but still-you had one previously that you returned due to recall. Tmobile should take care of you too. It's not as much about the loaner as it is taking care of upset customers that want replacement devices

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
A little bit of good news in GA today.

Tucker location might be getting a shipment at 3 pm. This is actually where I bought my original note 7 and they told me the day I got it they just got a shipment when the phone was originally hard to get when it released.

Lavista location said they don't know but to check back tomorrow since that's what Samsung told them.

Duluth said check back after 3 pm there may be a shipment. Buford location said the same. McDonough location said possible shipment today. I asked if I could get any color I want and they said I could.

Have high hopes for getting a replacement in store today. And on T-Mobile Tuesday. If only my shirt would come in.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
A little bit of good news in GA today.

Tucker location might be getting a shipment at 3 pm. This is actually where I bought my original note 7 and they told me the day I got it they just got a shipment when the phone was originally hard to get when it released.

Lavista location said they don't know but to check back tomorrow since that's what Samsung told them.

Duluth said check back after 3 pm there may be a shipment. Buford location said the same. McDonough location said possible shipment today. I asked if I could get any color I want and they said I could.

Have high hopes for getting a replacement in store today. And on T-Mobile Tuesday. If only my shirt would come in.
Your shirt?

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
So, I called the 844 number like everyone else is doing. I was told that when I did my exchange the rep did it as a permanent exchange and not a loaner (not what I wanted or have been told by other reps), so I have to go into a store and do a buyers remorse. My account has been noted by about 6 different reps that I am to be able to participate in the warranty exchange and that I should not have to pay any restocking fees or fees to go back to the Note 7.

At this point, who knows how this will turn out. I feel like they are going to have to stand behind what many different company representatives have told me but I just have this bad feeling when I go in tomorrow the store rep is going to try to give me a hard time about it. I'm fine with paying the tax on the Note 7 if that's what I have to do, its a small price to pay at this point. But this is what I was worried about because the option to get a loaner phone wasn't available for people like me who were proactive about the recall until after the fact.

Man, what an absolute mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks