T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm just going to order my cases and wireless charger and wait for tomorrow. Atty this point, what one more day. I still think that there should be something more than the $25, but that's just my opinion.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
And these are the kind of stories that will continue....people who are not even in for a replacement getting one anyways

This is ridiculous already and this is definitely not the person's fault for getting the phone that they're not supposed to I blame TMobile they have such horrible communication skills between phone reps instore reps and customers. As bad as they try to make the other carriers look they're not too far behind

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Attention ATL folks that might be interested,,, The T-Mobile store inside StoneCrest Mall has all colors of replacement Note 7's and are doing the exchanges now. I just returned from picking up my Blk Note 7 replacement. (Build date 9/3/16. Made in China) I hope this might help someone..

Thank you so much for the heads up appreciate that. Going to call lavista, tucker, and other areas in a few minutes. They said call after 3 so just giving them time to unload the trucks they said they are getting today. Sounding good so far :)

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
The sad part is, this guy just randomly came in for a new phone 5 minutes after the shipment came in. Older gentleman. His timing was amazing... As was mine.

s0nic_201

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Honestly i cant blame T-Mobile for poor communication, its like that at my job. Its really a matter of the reps reading the email and caring enough to be informed.

bmonday

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I called 2 stores today, just for grins:
Store 1: "We don't have any in and from what I heard Samsung is delaying them, so we have no idea when we'll have any."​
Store 2: "We don't have any. You will need to go register through T-Mobile for a replacement, and then you will get an email with a link that will walk you through picking a store to pick up the replacement."​

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I called 2 stores today, just for grins:
Store 1: "We don't have any in and from what I heard Samsung is delaying them, so we have no idea when we'll have any."​
Store 2: "We don't have any. You will need to go register through T-Mobile for a replacement, and then you will get an email with a link that will walk you through picking a store to pick up the replacement."​
My S7 Edge is looking more and more acceptable the more I read about these retail reps.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Just called my local T-Mobile store and they said they can't do the replacements yet, there is an issue between Samsung and T-Mobile that is being sorted out. She said keep calling back and they'll let me know when they can do it.

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I just left my local T-Mobile. They said they do have them, but I was just a few minutes too late as they had just received the e-mail. She told me to try again tomorrow.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Seeing some of the early manufacturing dates of these replacements some people are getting makes me wonder if it might be a better idea just to wait a few weeks and get something that was made longer after this was discovered assuming the QA was better once this blew out of proportion, no pun intended.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You sure did. Reston was unfortunately too far away from my office to be able to go in the middle of the afternoon. They told you they weren't supposed to do it today?
Yes apparently their regional store manager contacted them (perhaps after seeing the exchange show up) and told them they weren't supposed to do any exchanges yet.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Everybody has someething to say about how this was handled. What exactly do we want Carriers/Samsung to do?

From a business standpoint whenever there is a crisis they need to get a plan, then get all their employees from customer care to twitter to store associates and get everyone on the same page. You don't want different messages being sent out from different departments. Some of this is on tmobile and a lot on Samsung, but when there is a problem tmobile needs to control the message.

s0nic_201

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Be on the same page, like every other carrier seems to be at this point. You can't deny that.
We dont know that every other carrier is on the same page, all we know is that they are letting there customers walk in and exchange the device. For all we know, they could be selling to new walk ins as well and whose to say that once the supply is burnt they will be able to get another shipment quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.