T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
The storm is clearing up. In GA the tucker location they told me I have to get it ordered to my house through t-mobile. No other store said that. Lavista said they don't know (liars). Duluth, two atlanta locations said tomorrow. Mall Off Georgia/Buford said tomorrow too. Mcdonough said next week. I can't believe they said that. Stonecrest mall said they don't have any and will get them tomorrow. Said they haven't gotten any in yet.

Only one place it seems in GA has it. Peachtree shopping center in Atlanta. They said they don't have alot in stock and she was cagey on telling me the colors they had. I asked if they had black and she said she they do. Although it seems like tomorrow, at least in Atlanta and North Atlanta, every t-mobile store will have them. A store in Duluth told me that "every" t-mobile will get them tomorrow. I asked if it was a corporate store and he told me they are.

I don't know why every store has feigned or been unaware of what's going on but I had a feeling they would know what the do on the 21st and all signs seem to suggest that tomorrow every store will have it. Some will probably still lie or try to screw people over though.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
On Twitter with T-mobile right now they just said that T-mobile is trying to sort out the exchange process.

I have a feeling that all of the stores that got their shipments in were suppose to only give out the New Notes to people exchanging their defective ones. This kind of makes sense since I am sure Samsung wants all the defective units off the street ASAP. Thats probably what the email said to the stores.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I just want to buy a phone. I couldn't upgrade till Sept 11. T-Mobile refused to bump my upgrade up a couple weeks ago I could originally buy the Note 7 so I could get the free sd card. Then phone gets recalled. iPhone pre orders start on Sept 9. T-Mobile still won't bump upgrade date so I can get one of those. So here I am with no chance of buying an iPhone 7 plus, and it seems I'm going to be forced to wait another week or two to get the note 7. With no free sd card. No promotional offer. No discount. I guess my money isn't any good.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
On Twitter with T-mobile right now they just said that T-mobile is trying to sort out the exchange process.

I have a feeling that all of the stores that got their shipments in were suppose to only give out the New Notes to people exchanging their defective ones. This kind of makes sense since I am sure Samsung wants all the defective units off the street ASAP. Thats probably what the email said to the stores.

Yes.... that's how I view it. I called a few stores local to me and I got a bunch of different answers, but the ones that appeared to have a clue sort of gave me the impression that they had the phones, but they weren't allowed to release them until tomorrow, and even then they will only be given to customers with Note 7s in hand... if you returned your Note, you are going to have to wait in the back of the line until they go on sale again in October.

Why not as soon as they came in the door? I can only assume that was to make sure corporate can give proper guidance to the stores that the units are for replacement only, not new sales.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes.... that's how I view it. I called a few stores local to me and I got a bunch of different answers, but the ones that appeared to have a clue sort of gave me the impression that they had the phones, but they weren't allowed to release them until tomorrow, and even then they will only be given to customers with Note 7s in hand... if you returned your Note, you are going to have to wait in the back of the line until they go on sale again in October.

Why not as soon as they came in the door? I can only assume that was to make sure corporate can give proper guidance to the stores that the units are for replacement only, not new sales.
What about us with loaners? If I have to wait until Oct then I'm out as far as the Note 7 is concerned.

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Dang, I apologize that happened to you. Honestly, I called and spoke with "Dre" . He told me to come on in and he would return my loaner and replace my Note 7. All went very smoothly with my loaner return and Note 7 replacement. He called customer support and verified some number and proper steps for my loaner.
I just read that T-Mobile sent down some type of Email stating that all replacements should HALT until further notice. I am not sure if that might be the reason they stopped replacements this afternoon. Dre said I was his 6th replacement this afternoon.
Ok I was thinking hard about it so I called and they said they didn't have any. I really don't get whats going on.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I called a few stores local to me and I got a bunch of different answers, but the ones that appeared to have a clue sort of gave me the impression that they had the phones, but they weren't allowed to release them until tomorrow, and even then they will only be given to customers with Note 7s in hand... if you returned your Note, you are going to have to wait in the back of the line until they go on sale again in October.

If that's true, then that's complete bull (as Legere would say). There was a global recall of the devices. Nobody should still have their original Note 7's, and for those who kept them (and especially kept using them), they are the ones who should be at the back of the line for not following instructions. Anyone who returned theirs (for a loaner or not) should be up front. I will raise hell over this entire thing in stores if there will be any problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I was also told the same that having a loaner or the original N7 didn't matter. Fact was those that had a recalled Note 7 will get replacements at no chg

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I was also told the same that having a loaner or the original N7 didn't matter. Fact was those that had a recalled Note 7 will get replacements at no chg
I have a lot of confidence in the local store rep I spoke with. He was very well informed as was the lady at the other local store. Seasoned pros.

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

That would be unfortunate if the people who got priority world be the stubborn ones. I think they should also give priority to those who listened and did the return or exchange. I get it though.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
If that's true, then that's complete bull (as Legere would say). There was a global recall of the devices. Nobody should still have their original Note 7's, and for those who kept them (and especially kept using them), they are the ones who should be at the back of the line for not following instructions. Anyone who returned theirs (for a loaner or not) should be up front. I will raise hell over this entire thing in stores if there will be any problems.

I'll be raising hell right behind you, bro.

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I just called my closest store back and they confirmed the replacements are in but they couldn't do anything until tomorrow. He also said they are waiting on communication on how to handle it. I told him I had a loaner and he just said call back tomorrow at 10am if you can.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I didn't get an email about it being in nor a text but I'm thinking those may be delayed anyways.
The supervisor told me they were "trying it out" earlier today and they stopped it because the orders aren't working. And I guess the ones that did the orders didn't go through. Or something like that. Idk. She was over happy sounding about it too.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I walked into the one store the other day and he updated my.account and gave me paperwork in case I stopped at another store to do the pickup. I'm feeling pretty good about my chances for getting a replacement.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that since day 1 T-mobile was telling people to hold onto their defective units until new ones came in. Then shortly after they started the loaner program.

So that is why I am thinking they will be sending out text messages or emails to everyone that still has their defective units telling them to go to your local store to pick up new unit. Get them off the street first.

I think this is how it will play out.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
The problem is that since day 1 T-mobile was telling people to hold onto their defective units until new ones came in. Then shortly after they started the loaner program.

So that is why I am thinking they will be sending out text messages or emails to everyone that still has their defective units telling them to go to your local store to pick up new unit. Get them off the street first.

I think this is how it will play out.
Yeah but you can't tell people to exchange their Note 7 for an S7 Edge from one side of your mouth and then also tell people that you can get a loaner S7 Edge and swap out for Note 7 from the other, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.