T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
On Twitter with T-mobile right now they just said that T-mobile is trying to sort out the exchange process.

I have a feeling that all of the stores that got their shipments in were suppose to only give out the New Notes to people exchanging their defective ones. This kind of makes sense since I am sure Samsung wants all the defective units off the street ASAP. Thats probably what the email said to the stores.

You can't make people go to the stores to turn them in, though. My position all along is if you have them, sell them.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Also, some people who have been calling the 1844 number in the past 2 hours have been told the phones are now backordered and that they will have to go to the store for an exchange..different messages everywhere...another rumor is that only those who phoned in will be able to get theres....so be weary. ...mixed messages

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
So I called the nearest T-Mobile store and they told me they had one black Note 7. They put it on hold for me. I got to the store and they said they were told they can't switch them and the manager was on a conference call where they told them not to distribute the replacements. Said they can't do it until Thursday now. I'm officially frustrated.

Bruce Mao

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
For what it's worth, just got a message from T-Force that starting 9/21, we can go into retail stores and exchange for a new Note 7. Purchases for a new Note 7 will have to wait.Capture.JPG

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
"Only once every single recalled Note 7 has been replaced can Samsung hope to get back to anything approximating "normal" sales of the new phones."

I completely understand recalling all the damaged phones, but if it was that high of a priority, they wouldn't have allowed people to hold on to them until replacements came.
I definitely think priority should be given to those that turned theirs back in. But otherwise, I guess they don't want to make money by not selling them to people that want to buy them. That can't be good for business.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Also, people are still ordering from the 1844 number.....and they are still stating it will be here tomorrow or Thursday according to the latest reddit updates so that backorder rumor was a lie and them messing up orders was most likely a misunderstanding as well,...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I just saw this on the T-Mobile news page

Updated on September 20, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. pacific time

Beginning tomorrow, September 21, 2016, customers with a recalled Samsung Galaxy Note7 can bring it to a T-Mobile store and exchange it for a new CPSC-approved Galaxy Note7 replacement. We’ll waive any restocking charges, and customers can keep the free Netflix subscription and Gear Fit or SD card they received with purchase during pre-order. Alternatively, customers can also exchange their recalled Note7 and any Note7 accessories they purchased from T-Mobile for a full refund and choose from any device in T-Mobile’s inventory.

uhhh

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I just called the 844# and reserved my N7 to deliver to the store nearest my home. Agent said it will ship out tomorrow and will notify me via txt/email when it arrives at the store. My S7E loaner arrived today, lol..

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I guess it would be kind of bad for those of you guys walking in with an S7 Edge or S7 saying that you want your new Note 7 just to be told that those are only going to existing Note 7 owners to avoid any dangerous devices staying on the streets. Oh well, that's kind of what I figured and that's why I held onto my Note 7. There is going to be urgency in getting those off the streets. I personally could not care less because I have a perfectly good S7 active but I will walk in and get my Note 7 replacement tomorrow.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just called the 844# and reserved my N7 to deliver to the store nearest my home. Agent said it will ship out tomorrow and will notify me via txt/email when it arrives at the store. My S7E loaner arrived today, lol..
I think the 1844 number is the best approach...allow customers to get their device actually reserved and then send them a pick up email....walk ins can take forever....also alot of us can't be at a store at 10am due to work and other priorities....

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
"Only once every single recalled Note 7 has been replaced can Samsung hope to get back to anything approximating "normal" sales of the new phones."

I completely understand recalling all the damaged phones, but if it was that high of a priority, they wouldn't have allowed people to hold on to them until replacements came.
I definitely think priority should be given to those that turned theirs back in. But otherwise, I guess they don't want to make money by not selling them to people that want to buy them. That can't be good for business.

This is why I'm not counting on them waiting. They want to make money. Some moved on all ready. Others aren't in a rush. I called one tmobile store and they are selling them tomorrow to new buyers. Maybe they didn't read the email (if there was one). If you want one, call tomorrow. I'd even think Friday night going in, or calling, might be worth it. They might not be busy and any that didn't get exchanged, I think, will be sold.

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Had some spare time, decided to call a couple stores in my area (Chandler, AZ). Two stated they'd be getting them tomorrow, a 3rd stated they had them but were told not to exchange because they hadn't figured that part out yet. Said it would be figured out by tomorrow.

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I just saw this on the T-Mobile news page

Updated on September 20, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. pacific time

Beginning tomorrow, September 21, 2016, customers with a recalled Samsung Galaxy Note7 can bring it to a T-Mobile store and exchange it for a new CPSC-approved Galaxy Note7 replacement. We’ll waive any restocking charges, and customers can keep the free Netflix subscription and Gear Fit or SD card they received with purchase during pre-order. Alternatively, customers can also exchange their recalled Note7 and any Note7 accessories they purchased from T-Mobile for a full refund and choose from any device in T-Mobile’s inventory.
Do you mind posting the link? All I see on the news page are posts about 5G and the iPhone. My local store said they should be able to exchange tomorrow, but I would love to have the official article to show them in case they are not yet aware since I am planning on going first thing in the morning before work.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Well the common sense approach by tmobile would have been to allow customers to call up their specific store and add them to a list and then only order the amount necessary on the list of customers who have called in for replacements plus a few extras just in case....customers could only be placed on one list and that's the store they would get their replacement from......could have easily placed this on the announcements page

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
FedEx and UPS are probably designing fire proof boxes to ship them back in. :p
I read that UPS and FedEx are basically refusing to have anything to do with the recalled Note 7's and Samsung was going to figure out a way to transport the recalled devices themselves through a private shipping company . Can't say I'm surprised, can you imagine having a thousand or two of those on a cargo plane. This is probably why you have to take them into a store because none of the delivery services want the liability.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I read that UPS and FedEx are basically refusing to have anything to do with the recalled Note 7's and Samsung was going to figure out a way to transport the recalled devices themselves. Can't say I'm surprised, can you imagine having a thousand or two of those on a cargo plane. This is probably why you have to take them into a store because none of the delivery services want the liability.
UPS allows it through ground shipping but not Air.......

Status
Not open for further replies.