T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Verified my local store has phones in stock, no list, first come first serve, and I can get one since I have a loaner. I'll probably show up no later than 9:45 in case a line is forming.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Verified my local store has phones in stock, no list, first come first serve, and I can get one since I have a loaner. I'll probably show up no later than 9:45 in case a line is forming.

Same here I'm gonna go after work tonight in the morning. I was told they have black and coral blue which I want that coral.. I dislike my onxy black

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Called 3 stores in St Louis. They have them in stock but all of them said they won't know until tomorrow if they can sell them outright or if they're for replacement only

Last edited:

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I DM'ed this to @TMobile 45 minutes ago and have yet to receive a reply:
As per the update on https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/samsung-note7-update.htm, it only seems to be speaking to Note 7 owners who neglected to return theirs as instructed by Samsung and the government. I returned mine for a refund with the intention of still getting one when replacement units are available. So for me, is that considered a new sale? Again, considering I had one already and still want a fixed unit, I should still be able to buy one in stores tomorrow, right?

So close to just getting a OnePlus Three, even though I really like the Note 7. The 1+3 is the only device that comes close, thanks to having a bottom headphone jack and a front-facing fingerprint sensor.

Given the below image, it says they will be available for "sale" on the 21st.

http://i.imgur.com/MTr3AZi.jpg

Their response:
Yes, you will be able to get the new Note 7 in stores! If you received a temporary phone from the store, you can return that temporary phone you got from the store and all restocking fees would be waived as well. *AnthonyS

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
68f135f186a93ae06b27c5d2d5432fbf.jpg

All of you T-Mobile peeps are able to pick up replacements at all corporate and retail T-Mobile stores tomorrow 9/21

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm too busy this week to make it to a store, so just called the 844 number. They placed the replacement order. Currently on backorder, but I'll get a notification when it's ready for me to pick up. Which is fine with me, I have the S7E loaner which I like enough to use for a couple of extra days (even if i don't like it quite as much as the Note).

perrochingon

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
In case this helps anyone, I called the 844 number to see if I could order one and it went a lot smoother than I thought. Got a confirmation text a few minutes after the call saying an exchange was being processed and I would be notified when it was ready for pick up. I no longer have the note7 in hand. I did a jump on demand to a 7 edge with the expectation that I would jump back to the note 7 when available. Rep said it wasn't a problem at all. I'm guess she noticed in my account that I did in fact own a note 7 and I returned it due to the recall. Rep said it should be ready by tomorrow, Thursday at the latest.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
So all the stores by me stated they have not gotten any in as of yet, but at least all told me that they thought or hoped they would have them in their shipment tomorrow. Hum. Will see I guess.

On another note, no pun intended, how is it that tmobile is already telling people the device is backordered. They didn't know how many they would need for the exchange to happen for all that they sold???

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
So I just got off the phone with 844...

The speial i got was, I asked to have one sent to store for me. He looked up my phone number and IMEI and said "no in your case you have to go to store and hope they have one in stock" he said it was case by case whatever that meant.

He also said straight out "they are thinking it could be pretty chaotic in the store tomorrow" because they dont know how many people will rush to store since 80% of them are still out in the wild. He told me please be patient at the store as it might take a while.

So yup as I predicted this is out of control.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm gonna be at my store between 9-9:15 tomorrow. They open at 10 and my town is pretty small so, I'm sure it won't be too crowded. I'll probably be the first one there. I have transcripts from T-Mobile chat, messages form T Force and multiple notations on my account from phone reps. I feel pretty confident that it should go as smooth as it can go. I'm not going to be picky on the color but my first choice would be black, then blue then whatever is available. So... Yeah. Wish me luck lol

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Looks like I'll be heading to the mall tomorrow to make an exchange. Hate that the closest store is at the mall but I'll be fine with it if the exchange goes smoothly.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I got my loaner S7 Edge today. Am I still eligible to sign up for the current promotion for the free Gear VR? Even though this is a loaner? Will Samsung ever find out or do they care at this point? I don't want to fill it out to find out that they won't honor it because its a loaner and not a ligit purchase. Fill me in before I fill out the promotion before I have to send it back.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I got my loaner S7 Edge today. Am I still eligible to sign up for the current promotion for the free Gear VR? Even though this is a loaner? Will Samsung ever find out or do they care at this point? I don't want to fill it out to find out that they won't honor it because its a loaner and not a ligit purchase. Fill me in before I fill out the promotion before I have to send it back.

Doesn't look like the Gear VR promotion is active anymore: https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/galaxyoffer/

It's currently showing the original Note 7 promotion.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Go ahead and fill out your form asap...you are eligible as long as you got a valid eip agreement...don't worry..I got approved for my loaner device as well for the 256 go microsd card...and it's preparing for shipping..

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
So I just got off the phone with 844...

The speial i got was, I asked to have one sent to store for me. He looked up my phone number and IMEI and said "no in your case you have to go to store and hope they have one in stock" he said it was case by case whatever that meant.

He also said straight out "they are thinking it could be pretty chaotic in the store tomorrow" because they dont know how many people will rush to store since 80% of them are still out in the wild. He told me please be patient at the store as it might take a while.

So yup as I predicted this is out of control.

I can't believe he said that......smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol