T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desean1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Has there been anyone who turned their Note 7 in early and was able to get a new replacement? I bought mine August 30th and turn it in September 1st when they announced recall

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I checked my account this morning and my JOD is still open for the N7. I hope this should be pretty easy for them. Return the loaner, exchange for the new n7 and let me take my phone and go.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Make sure you bring chargers and Spen. People are getting turned away for not having everything which is B.S we should be able to just turn phone in.

pinhunter27

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to try to do that today I turned mine in last Saturday the 10th

Good luck,,, My T-mo store at first said they would sell me a Note 7, Then retracted. I turned my phone in before loaners were an option. I bought a cheap phone to use because they said I could just return it when the Note 7's came in. Meanwhile Verizon and Sprint are selling Note 7's to new customers. Not a happy customer T-MO.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Good luck,,, My T-mo store at first said they would sell me a Note 7, Then retracted. I turned my phone in before loaners were an option. I bought a cheap phone to use because they said I could just return it when the Note 7's came in. Meanwhile Verizon and Sprint are selling Note 7's to new customers. Not a happy customer T-MO.
That would leave me pretty upset as well when I did mine I turned in the note7 and they handed me a new Note 5

Desean1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I did the same hopefully I can pick up one today. Unsuccessful with the 1844 number

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
For those who ordered over the phone to have the replacement phone shipped to the store was yourJOD lease closed for that line? I have a second Note7 on my account and that JOD lease is showing as being completed.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

They actually CANT do that. Trust me, I've been that annoying customer that has called Tmobile 50 times now and asked the same question over and over again (because the talk in here always makes me second guess myself)

This is the paraphrased version of what I have been told (by about 10 different reps, mind you.) - If you owned a Note 7 previously, you are subject to the warranty exchange. It doesn't matter if you kept your Note 7, exchanged it for a S7 or S7 edge, exchanged for a totally different phone, or got a "loaner" phone, as long as you HAD a Note 7, you should be able to walk into a store today and get the new Note 7 for whatever phone you have. And any store that gives you trouble (which they shouldnt, as I have been told) you need to have them call customer support so they can verify all of this information. In my case, I've had all of these reps notate our conversations (and I know they do in fact leave notes because I have them read back to me, yeah, I'm that guy, but I've been burned before so hey) so there shouldn't be any excuse at all for not getting the Note 7.

Don't accept anything less today guys, you might have to put your foot down and kick and scream a little, but if Tmobile tells you that they cant give you a replacement Note 7 when you had one previously, THEY - ARE - WRONG

Desean1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
They actually CANT do that. Trust me, I've been that annoying customer that has called Tmobile 50 times now and asked the same question over and over again (because the talk in here always makes me second guess myself)

This is the paraphrased version of what I have been told (by about 10 different reps, mind you.) - If you owned a Note 7 previously, you are subject to the warranty exchange. It doesn't matter if you kept your Note 7, exchanged it for a S7 or S7 edge, exchanged for a totally different phone, or got a "loaner" phone, as long as you HAD a Note 7, you should be able to walk into a store today and get the new Note 7 for whatever phone you have. And any store that gives you trouble (which they shouldnt, as I have been told) you need to have them call customer support so they can verify all of this information. In my case, I've had all of these reps notate our conversations (and I know they do in fact leave notes because I have them read back to me, yeah, I'm that guy, but I've been burned before so hey) so there shouldn't be any excuse at all for not getting the Note 7.

Don't accept anything less today guys, you might have to put your foot down and kick and scream a little, but if Tmobile tells you that they cant give you a replacement Note 7 when you had one previously, THEY - ARE - WRONG
Thanks for the info

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
what I will do that before I set foot in this store is make sure they have them available the last thing I'm going to do is waste precious time
Problem for me is that all my local stores were telling me in the phone yesterday that they hadn't gotten shipments at all. Said to maybe check back later today. One said after 3 and other 2 said after 6....I think they were all just blowing smoke though. Can't trust these guys in these stores at all.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The store by my work said they got 9 units in yesterday and the lady there I've been working with on a few other things so hopefully she can hold one for me and I can get it this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech