T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Those who ordered a replacement from the 844 number, I placed mine around 3pm yesterday and got a text confirmation shortly after (I chose to be notified by text instead of email). Today I got a text notification that it had shipped; I did a chat with T-Mobile to get the tracking number. It looks like just the shipping label has been created and it hasn't actually been picked up yet which is kind of what I expected. The rep I spoke to when I ordered it said I should get it on Thursday as it was pretty late in the day when I placed my order but they are being overnighted, looks like that will be about spot on. Just thought I'd share if folks were trying to get an idea as of to when theirs might ship based on when they ordered.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Also if anyone has to pay taxes or fees, make sure you contact T-Mobile on twitter as soon as you get home and get that reimbursed or credited to your T-Mobile account

s0nic_201

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Those who ordered a replacement from the 844 number, I placed mine around 3pm yesterday and got a text confirmation shortly after (I chose to be notified by text instead of email). Today I got a text notification that it had shipped; I did a chat with T-Mobile to get the tracking number. It looks like just the shipping label has been created and it hasn't actually been picked up yet which is kind of what I expected. The rep I spoke to when I ordered it said I should get it on Thursday as it was pretty late in the day when I placed my order but they are being overnighted, looks like that will be about spot on. Just thought I'd share if folks were trying to get an idea as of to when theirs might ship based on when they ordered.
i ordered mine about 9am PST yesterday, i recieved a processing text shortly after. I called today and the rep said the store should recieve it by end of business today.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Also if anyone has to pay taxes or fees, make sure you contact T-Mobile on twitter as soon as you get home and get that reimbursed or credited to your T-Mobile account

They refunded my taxes in cash. I just called my charge card company and they still have no record of my refund I did a week ago and are no help and it's between me and Tmobile. If I don't hear back later I guess I'll give them a buzz.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Had to run some other errands after T-Mobile. Wasn't too bad once customer care picked up the phone. I was first in the door, rep was on hold with customer care for about 10 minutes to ask how to handle my loaner since I got it online. He had to mark some notes on it and then cancelled out that EIP on my account, scanned in Note 7 back on JOD and I was done.

About 35 minutes total. Now the multi hour process of setting up new phone starts.

Edit... Before I even got home I had system update, installed it, now have green battery indicator.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Has a guy at the store I frequent call me and tell me he had a blue Note 7 in stock that he would sell me. Drive all the way over there and as soon as I walk in, he tells me he can't sell it. That he just got an email saying he couldn't sell it. He called me to come get it, but couldn't call new to say nevermind. He waits till I get there.

I'm done.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It won't be credited if you return3d the recalled note 7 and got your refund from that already. In that case going in today is treated more like a new purchase.

Neotravy

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I knew the whole loaner thing was going to cause issues which is EXACTLY why I never went for the loaner phone. Just seemed like adding a bad idea on top of a bad situation.

IslandGuy

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
At T-Mobile going on 3 hours, unfortunately got there behind customers exchanging 3 - 4 phones. Only blue in Stock which works for me since mine is blue. Having a problem because the loaner shows as my permanent phone and my Note 7 shows returned (I'm typing this on my Note 7 btw while they sort things out) . This whole thing is one big cluster!

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
At T-Mobile going on 3 hours, unfortunately got there behind customers exchanging 3 - 4 phones. Only blue in Stock which works for me since mine is blue. Having a problem because the loaner shows as my permanent phone and my Note 7 shows returned (I'm typing this on my Note 7 btw while they sort things out) . This whole thing is one big cluster!
Oh hell no 3 hours. I hope you walking out with some free accessories.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
My T-Mobile store has it down pack. 1 section for people that still have note 7 and another section for people with loaners. If you still have note 7 much easier process than loaners.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
It won't be credited if you return3d the recalled note 7 and got your refund from that already. In that case going in today is treated more like a new purchase.

Well I won't be paying anything ...already confirmed with rep and I have evidence that all or any fees are waived....although I have returned my recalled note 7

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I knew the whole loaner thing was going to cause issues which is EXACTLY why I never went for the loaner phone. Just seemed like adding a bad idea on top of a bad situation.

Depends, I got a loaner but still have my Note 7. I was weary of trading it in for a loaner just because of the system getting messed up so I decided to keep my Note 7 and wait it out. Then they announced they were no longer doing loaners in store and you had to have one shipped to you. I figured that was a good options since I'd still have my Note 7 and they'd want to get it back as soon as possible. As good as the store reps intentions are, sometimes things get overlooked and creates a headache down the road. All in all, the T-Mobile reps that I have dealt with have been pretty good.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Had to run some other errands after T-Mobile. Wasn't too bad once customer care picked up the phone. I was first in the door, rep was on hold with customer care for about 10 minutes to ask how to handle my loaner since I got it online. He had to mark some notes on it and then cancelled out that EIP on my account, scanned in Note 7 back on JOD and I was done.

About 35 minutes total. Now the multi hour process of setting up new phone starts.

Edit... Before I even got home I had system update, installed it, now have green battery indicator.

Glad it was fairly painless for ya!

I'm hoping by the time they get mine they'll have the loaner/Note 7 online part figured out. I ordered my original Note 7 over the phone, and got the loaner shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.