T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
The email I got from T-Mobile it stated they were not doing data transfers and to back up everything ahead of time. Maybe not everyone got the email or did get it but didn't notice the verbiage. I would think the only reason they are doing this is to try and speed things up and get people in and out as fast as possible.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
The email I got from T-Mobile it stated they were not doing data transfers and to back up everything ahead of time. Maybe not everyone got the email or did get it but didn't notice the verbiage. I would think the only reason they are doing this is to try and speed things up and get people in and out as fast as possible.

I think it has to do with not wanting recalled Notes powered on in the store. Just a guess though. I'm thinking I'll factory reset the recalled Note and the loaner before I even go in. Just put my sim in an old phone before I leave to pick it up until my new Note gets activated.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I think it has to do with not wanting recalled Notes powered on in the store. Just a guess though. I'm thinking I'll factory reset the recalled Note and the loaner before I even go in. Just put my sim in an old phone before I leave to pick it up until my new Note gets activated.

The email I received said it was due to CPSC recommendation

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Store 1: Still hasn't received any Note 7's today, but should later.
Store 2: Have 3 left but they have a line. Don't know when they'll get more.
Store 3: Received them, but they're all gone. Don't know when they'll get more.
Store 4: 1 left (black), can't hold one for me. Might get more next week. (Will head to this one now.)
Store 5: 2 left (blue). Don't know when they'll get more.
Store 6: Doesn't know how many there are left. Put me on hold, followed by the call ending.
Store 7: Has some, doesn't have a count, and there is a line.
Store 8: Has some, doesn't have a count.
Store 9: Still hasn't receive any Note 7's today, but should later today to be available tomorrow...
Store 10: Line busy...
Store 11: Kept ringing; no answer.
Store 12: Still hasn't received any Note 7's today, but should later.
Store 13: Has some, didn't mention how many, but enough to last 45 minutes...

At "store 4." 4 people ahead in line. Don't know if they're here for a Note 7. All 3 reps are busy on the phone, presumably with CS. 1 rep says they have more Note 7's. Don't know the color. I'm only interested in black.

At "store 4." 4 people ahead in line. Don't know if they're here for a Note 7. All 3 reps are busy on the phone, presumably with CS. 1 rep says they have more Note 7's. Don't know the color. I'm only interested in black.

"Store 4" had zero issues. They even had a few additional Note 7's left after I got my black one. Since I did a full return a few weeks ago and didn't opt for a loaner, all they had to do was see that I previously had a Note 7 on my line. I also paid for the device in full this time instead of dealing with an EIP. So, here's a $920.11 photo:
CO3tU8a.jpg

ra535i

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
If it helps anyone, you can just dial 1-844-275-9309, and order your replacement if your local store does not have the color you want. In my scenario my wife and I both want black. (she's switching from silver). So i just called the number, placed the order and they're going to ship two phones to my local t-mobile and will send me tracking numbers. When the phone arrives at the store it will have our names on them. Then we'll just swing by and scoop them up.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Glad it was fairly painless for ya!

I'm hoping by the time they get mine they'll have the loaner/Note 7 online part figured out. I ordered my original Note 7 over the phone, and got the loaner shipped.
Thanks!

It would of have been faster if they had just taken my word for how to do the return on the loaner. I even showed him and the supervisor the Twitter DM on how to do it. Customer care told him the same thing. Oh well, just a few extra minutes.

The first 4 or 5 people in the door were for Note 7. By the time I left, there were probably 12-15 people there, doubtful all for Notes but they were getting busy.

svtalex

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I went to 2 local T-Mobile stores by me. The 1st did not have them yet, so they said come back by 3pm. I'm fine with that. Go to the 2nd one, the dude ask did I buy it from the this store, I said no. I said no, I pre ordered it, then he's like well u can't return it here!!!! I'm like WTF!!!! 😈😈. So I'm now calling best buy which is also not to far, sitting in my car. I'm waiting like 10 minutes nobody picks up. Will I'm in phone I see this big returning his note 7. I see the Samsung USB cable and plug and the original box!!!!!!!!😈 So I sent up they talking to long to get to me. I get there. They say they don't deal with T-Mobile 😠

Nygiants1991

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Jeez this is a mess. I called 10 stores and they either already sold out or only had blue left. It's not even 2pm yet. One store said they still cant sell them -___-...

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Jeez this is a mess. I called 10 stores and they either already sold out or only had blue left. It's not even 2pm yet. One store said they still cant sell them -___-...
So funny everyone wanted the Blue when it came out now everyone wants to jump on the Black band wagon now it's only Blue left.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I went to 2 local T-Mobile stores by me. The 1st did not have them yet, so they said come back by 3pm. I'm fine with that. Go to the 2nd one, the dude ask did I buy it from the this store, I said no. I said no, I pre ordered it, then he's like well u can't return it here!!!! I'm like WTF!!!! 😈😈. So I'm now calling best buy which is also not to far, sitting in my car. I'm waiting like 10 minutes nobody picks up. Will I'm in phone I see this big returning his note 7. I see the Samsung USB cable and plug and the original box!!!!!!!!😈 So I sent up they talking to long to get to me. I get there. They say they don't deal with T-Mobile 😠
I'd report that second store to HQ because where you bought it doesn't matter unless they weren't a corporate store. I'd also walk back in there and ask for the manager.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
First two stores only had blue in their replacement shipments the third store had a couple of black so I raced there. 15 minutes is all it took trading in my Blue Note 7 and walking out with a black one. Next to me there was a guy who had a loaner device and they were giving him a hard time saying that they were not able to get the system to allow him to take the Note 7 for some reason.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm still texting on my loaner s7 edge while they are processing stuff...only one here at my store doing replacement after the other just left with his

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Damn, I kinda sorted expected this mess today. Glad I was able to find a store to swap last night.

The exchange was quick and easy, they just processed it as a warranty replacement.

My only gripe was that they would not process the return for my loaner EIP phone. I called the 844 number, and they sent me a shipping label to send back the EIP phone. Small hassle.

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Since I returned my note 7 for a refund after instructed to do so, the only way to get one back is in a store? I may try the 844 number again. Also since I returned my note 7 shouldn't I get a refund for the monthly charge of the note 7 I have on my bill?

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the S7 Edge loaner still sitting in the box at home, I was not going to confuse the reps some more. So this morning I called and they already emailed a label for me to ship it back. I didn't even open it. Store rep never even saw that it was a loaner but the 611 customer service rep did see it.
This is a complete mess. They should've had fixed this situation by now, specially that they weren't trying to give the phone before the 21st. 1-2 reps in the store just to do replacements, end of story. And they should've been able to order them as well to be shipped to the store for customers if they run out. I had to pull up my email from TMobile with the original amount of my pre-order Note 7, if not they would not have been able to my exchange since I did a pre-order and my original Note was shipped to me.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Since I returned my note 7 for a refund after instructed to do so, the only way to get one back is in a store? I may try the 844 number again. Also since I returned my note 7 shouldn't I get a refund for the monthly charge of the note 7 I have on my bill?
Yes and yes. You can go through the 844 number now. I did this morning. But I found a store that actually knew that the heck was going on and got it done for me. But yeah you can go through the 844 number.

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes and yes. You can go through the 844 number now. I did this morning. But I found a store that actually knew that the heck was going on and got it done for me. But yeah you can go through the 844 number.
Ok thanks. I also got an s7 edge when I returned my note 7 and it was treated as a new purchase. Will I have to return that in a store?

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I went to 2 local T-Mobile stores by me. The 1st did not have them yet, so they said come back by 3pm. I'm fine with that. Go to the 2nd one, the dude ask did I buy it from the this store, I said no. I said no, I pre ordered it, then he's like well u can't return it here!!!! I'm like WTF!!!! ????????????. So I'm now calling best buy which is also not to far, sitting in my car. I'm waiting like 10 minutes nobody picks up. Will I'm in phone I see this big returning his note 7. I see the Samsung USB cable and plug and the original box!!!!!!!!?????? So I sent up they talking to long to get to me. I get there. They say they don't deal with T-Mobile ??????

I saw another member post yesterday about going to Best Buy when they bought from a carrier and Best Buy told them they couldn't do it because the original sale is not in their system, it was in their carriers system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol