T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I tried one store on break. Wrong store lol. 2 employees and not organized so I left after waiting. Calling 2 stores by my home after work will try one of those

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Ok thanks. I also got an s7 edge when I returned my note 7 and it was treated as a new purchase. Will I have to return that in a store?
You shouldn't. Sounds like you are in my situation. You do need to find a patient and knowledgeable rep like I did that has time to deal with this as it is a real mess.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So funny everyone wanted the Blue when it came out now everyone wants to jump on the Black band wagon now it's only Blue left.
Apparently blue sold very well so Samsung shipped out a bunch of blue ones. One of the stores that I called said they received 20 replacements but they only had one left. All of the replacements they received were blue.

Treonday

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Just spent a little over an hour at my local t-mobile store and was able to exchange for a new Note 7. Fortunately for me I kept the defective one. I saw a few people who sent there's back already and they ran into trouble. Turns out, their loaners were treated as a new phone purchase and not a temporary loaner. The only thing I have to do now is send back my loaner s7 edge. The manager at the T-mobile store told me to call the 844 number, and they'll sort it out. Even if that doesn't work, the loaner is still within the 14 day return window. So it seems I'm all set...hopefully

Last edited:

svann9421

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Went to a store first thing this morning. Brought the old N7 and my loaner. They refused to even touch the loaner, completed a return for the N7, brought out a new N7; sku wasn't in the system. Couldn't give it to me.

Went to a second store; they were doing exchanges of N7's; great! Saw that I had a loaner, stated they could not do anything and I would have to have the new N7 shipped to me.

Called the 844 number, stated they could not ship me a replacement, and that I would have to go to a store. Trying a third store this evening.

FUBAR is an understatement.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Went to a store first thing this morning. Brought the old N7 and my loaner. They refused to even touch the loaner, completed a return for the N7, brought out a new N7; sku wasn't in the system. Couldn't give it to me.

Went to a second store; they were doing exchanges of N7's; great! Saw that I had a loaner, stated they could not do anything and I would have to have the new N7 shipped to me.

Called the 844 number, stated they could not ship me a replacement, and that I would have to go to a store. Trying a third store this evening.

FUBAR is an understatement.
Wow what a pain ! I'm going to try this evening.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I went to the store and they were completely clueless. No surprise. They said their manager wasn't allowing them to sell. So I called the 844 number again as a last ditch effort and low and behold they have my new Note 7 being shipped to the store now. Just got the text and email. So I'll have a to wait a couple more days I suppose but that's okay.

Same thing happened to me here in Valencia, CA. Wasted 45 mins in the store while the rep was on hold for TMO to verify he could swap my phone. I ended calling the 844 while in store & they had the exchange set up to be delivered to the store, took less than 10mins.

Hopefully, we will both get our replacements soon 😊

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Samsung problem is causing T-Mobile to have a bad rap as well. Sooo glad I didn't get a loaner. Poor on Samsung for causing the issue and shipping on a small amount and poor on T-Mobile not knowing left from right

jmbburg26

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just spent a little over an hour at my local t-mobile store and was able to exchange for a new Note 7. Fortunately for me I kept the defective one. I saw a few people who sent there's back already and they ran into trouble. Turns out, their loaners were treated as a new phone purchase and not a temporary loaner. The only thing I have to do now is send back my loaner s7 edge. The manager at the T-mobile store told me to call the 844 number, and they'll sort it out. Even if that doesn't work, the loaner is still within the 14 day return window. So it seems I'm all set...hopefully

What all did you have to give back to them? Was it just the N7 or all the stuff that came in the box?

I'm hoping to return just the phone and get an extra charger out of it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
When I returned my original N7 the bad one, the store took just the phone and the box. I didn't have the cord handy (cat chewed all through it)

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
When I went in my store, the rep they assigned me to, started to have an attitude as well. All I said was what colors do you have? She said I don't know, I am not sure I have it in stock....and no one should be picky because this is not a TMobile problem it's a Samsung problem. I told her right away, neither is it a customer problem but since I got my phone through TMobile I would hope that TMobile would "make" it their problem to make sure that this is a smooth transaction. I also told her that I would gladly have the phone mailed out to me but since it's not an option that TMobile is giving at this time, she will have to put up with the Note customers doing their exchanges......Manager came over (Because I was getting loud) and her attitude changed, it was smooth sailing after that. I guess she realized she was wrong, but I think she was more tired than anything as they made her stay over time to help because the store was extremely busy. This is why I will always order my phone to be shipped to me.
That was my problem, too. Why get an attitude with me right off the bat? Anyways, I called the second store as soon as they opened. They said they had them and to come in. I walked in 5 minutes later. They were already doing a Note exchange for another guy. I waited about an hour to get to another rep as there were only 2 in store. I was able to exchange both mine and my husband's Note7s. He got the last black they had and I got another blue. They said they had 2 or 3 blue left after me, but there were also at least 2 people in line behind me for exchanges. The whole process took about an hour and 40 minutes. The rep I had knew what he was doing. The customer who had already started his exchange when I walked in was still dealing with the process when I walked out. Plus, the manager in the 2nd store called the manager from the 1st store to find out what had happened with my previous experience. Apparantly, the girl was new and misunderstood. They said they would talk to her about her attitude and apologized. I appreciated the 2nd store doing that for me.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Samsung problem is causing T-Mobile to have a bad rap as well. Sooo glad I didn't get a loaner. Poor on Samsung for causing the issue and shipping on a small amount and poor on T-Mobile not knowing left from right

Just be glad you didn't order directly from Samsung, those people are getting screwed royally. They have no plan in place for an exchange, they won't send them a replacement until they get the bad one back first but UPS & FedEx won't handle them so they can't even do that and they are not willing to send out loaner phones. So those folks are stuck without any solution and are being told day after day that they should receive an email the next day with details regarding the exchange process. So no matter how bad of an experience you are having with getting an exchange you are still a whole lot better off than them.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
SOOO Livid right now!! Talked to Tmobile on Twitter who talked to the manager where I did the return and purchased the edge from. They're saying I was supposed to send the device via mail, even though I did the return in the store. Tmobile 1800 number says I basically just did an even swap for the Edge which ISNT true. They rang me up for the Edge as a new purchase and said they were refunding my card back.

So basically I'm out of $800 something bucks until this is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.