T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Also, I emailed John Legere and gave the Ocala store some mad props. I hope he reads it and contacts them to give them a virtual high five. I couldn't have gotten better service at an Apple store than what I got there today. Excellent service!

nobrakes

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I went this morning with my note 7 and a loaner s7 edge. Spent 3 hours in the store because they weren't sure what they were doing. They also said they couldn't take my loaner. I told them I was leaving and they said I had to leave my old note 7 since they already returned it. I told them T-Mobile told me to bring my old phone and loaner to s store. Eventually they returned the loaner and I walked out with a new note 7.

warrentaye

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I totally understand that and thought that is what was supposed to happen, when I called I was told because i bought it outright and it was not on an EIP how I could not get a replacement. For some reason they can't see it on my account..

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Do you still have receipts from the original purchase or when you took it in for a refund? I would think that would be good enough to get you one.

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I saw that some stores reported having them today so I called and ran right over to get my new Note7. The store had only gotten blue models in but I figured it would be a fun color and wanted to turn in my S7Edge loaner phone before something happened to it.

When I got home it still had the white battery icon but after a bit an update came across and now it is green (guaranteed not to melt / explode) . There was another person turning in a phone when I was there but they had decided to switch to Apple as they were still a bit worried about the battery.

So far it seems to be running cooler even with all the app installs and lots of screen on time configuring things. My old black on never got too hot but certainly was warmer than this one has gotten so far. I hope the exchanges go smoothly so people can get back to enjoying their Note7 devices and not worry about defects.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Now they tell me I can buy 1 today when I was refused then twice today. Please T-Mobile, please get it together

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-21-17-59-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-09-21-17-59-22.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 89

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I saw that some stores reported having them today so I called and ran right over to get my new Note7. The store had only gotten blue models in but I figured it would be a fun color and wanted to turn in my S7Edge loaner phone before something happened to it.

When I got home it still had the white battery icon but after a bit an update came across and now it is green (guaranteed not to melt / explode) . There was another person turning in a phone when I was there but they had decided to switch to Apple as they were still a bit worried about the battery.

So far it seems to be running cooler even with all the app installs and lots of screen on time configuring things. My old black on never got too hot but certainly was warmer than this one has gotten so far. I hope the exchanges go smoothly so people can get back to enjoying their Note7 devices and not worry about defects.
Lots of blue replacements sent from samsung

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm loving the Blue Coral. I didn't think I was going to, but having it now, its definitely the best color imo.

I have the explosive blue coral it's an awesome color not the most masculine color combination but I also don't think it's the most feminine color combination, I was thinking of getting a black replacement but what I don't like about black it seems you can see every little scratch and dust more than any color, did you have a black note before?

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the explosive blue coral it's an awesome color not the most masculine color combination but I also don't think it's the most feminine color combination, I was thinking of getting a black replacement but what I don't like about black it seems you can see every little scratch and dust more than any color, did you have a black note before?
I switched from black to blue. I really liked the black because it looked slick as hell, but it also looked a lot like other phones out there when in a case. Blue coral is unique for sure.

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
None of my stores had any blacks. I called everywhere. Some were having issues adding the Note's to their inventory. Went up to my store closest to home as well as the one closest to work and neither had any. I am getting the guy at the store closest to home to call me (hopefully tomorrow) when he gets a black Note 7 in stock. I am not switching colors. I refuse.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
No stores in my area had anything left by the time I got off work, next shipment is "possibly" Friday, so round and round we go , when this will stop, no one knows

mattflamm

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I've spent 6 hours today on this. that's around $200 in lost wages for me, $30 in wasted airtime on my temporary pre-paid phone since i can't activate my note 7s, not to mention the stress. I've been to 7 t-mobile stores that don't have anything, except one had a couple blues. I spent more than an hour on the phone between wait time and talking to the rep only to find out 1. They can't guarantee what color they will send me but it will probably not be the Silver I ordered, and 2. they can't do it on the phone anyway since i never activated the phones because I received them after the recall had been announced and would rather not endanger my home and family.

the rep suggested I call a t-mobile store and ask them to reserve units (I actually have 2, one for me and one for my wife) but of course no store is willing to do that.

And now i've spent more than 30 minutes waiting for a reply to my twitter DM. they sure were quick to reply to my public tweet though....While I was typing I finally got a reply (it took 37 minutes) but they want me to verify my account with a code sent to the number which has never been activated.

I can't believe how poorly t-mobile has handled my case. I'm glad some of you have had more luck.

mattflamm

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I've spent 6 hours today on this, or in other words around $200 in lost wages for me, $30 in wasted airtime on my temporary pre-paid phone since i can't activate my note 7s, not to mention the stress. Good thing there's a $25 bill credit to "offset" the extra trouble and expense. I've been to 7 t-mobile stores that don't have anything in stock except one had a couple blues. I spent more than an hour on the phone with customer service between wait time and talking to the rep only to find out that A. They can't guarantee what color they will send me but it will probably not be the Silver I ordered, and B. they can't do it on the phone anyway since I never activated the phones since I received them after the recall had been announced and would rather not endanger my home and family by turning them on. My tiny kids use my phone to watch youtube. Can you imagine if it lit up in their little hands?

the rep suggested I call a t-mobile store and ask them to reserve units (I actually have 2, one for me and one for my wife) but of course no store is willing to do that.

And now i've spent almost 40 minutes waiting for a reply to my twitter DM. they sure were quick to reply to my public tweet though. I finally got a reply but they want me to verify my account with a code sent to the number which has never been activated, then it took almost another 15 to get another link. I'm still waiting for them to reply now that this one is done.
It's safe to say I'm rather disappointed.

pinhunter27

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Been following the thread for a while, and would like help clearing up something. Basically anyone that returned their notes early and did not get another phone are screwed over on the new notes this week?

Yep.. That is correct. Unless you are a Verizon, us cellular and I think sprint customer. They are selling them to new customers or refunded customers. T-Mobile says they [T-Mobile ] will not sell unless Samsung gives them the ok to sell to general public. Meanwhile I have four note 7 cases. 2nd edition vr, and wireless charger collecting dust because I had to return my launch day note 7... Irritated ugh

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
So, its the end of day 1. Lets recap what we have learned today, shall we?

Basically we have learned that all Tmobile stores are operating at complete random regarding the exchange, with a lot of reports from people calling up to 10 different stores and getting totally different answers.

Some stores completely refused to do anything with their Note 7's today.

Some stores were very out of sync with how they were supposed to handle the exchanges.

We also learned that there are some stores that are doing a great job.

I think the biggest takeaway from today is that by being persistent it is possible to find a knowledgeable rep that is ready and willing to go the extra mile for the customer and make this as smooth of a process as possible.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I've spent 6 hours today on this, or in other words around $200 in lost wages for me, $30 in wasted airtime on my temporary pre-paid phone since i can't activate my note 7s, not to mention the stress. Good thing there's a $25 bill credit to "offset" the extra trouble and expense. I've been to 7 t-mobile stores that don't have anything in stock except one had a couple blues. I spent more than an hour on the phone with customer service between wait time and talking to the rep only to find out that A. They can't guarantee what color they will send me but it will probably not be the Silver I ordered, and B. they can't do it on the phone anyway since I never activated the phones since I received them after the recall had been announced and would rather not endanger my home and family by turning them on. My tiny kids use my phone to watch youtube. Can you imagine if it lit up in their little hands?

And now i've spent almost 40 minutes waiting for a reply to my twitter DM. they sure were quick to reply to my public tweet though. I finally got a reply but they want me to verify my account with a code sent to the number which has never been activated, then it took almost another 15 to get another link. I'm still waiting for them to reply now that this one is done.
It's safe to say I'm rather disappointed.

Wow. I wasted a few hours of my day today with tmobile too for my lack of refund on my charge card because the store goofed up on how to process my return.

I did get a conformation number for my case I guess. They never did send me the email like I was supposed to get. We will see how it goes a week from now if I get my refund or not. Really irritated by all this.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Wow. I wasted a few hours of my day today with tmobile too for my lack of refund on my charge card because the store goofed up on how to process my return.

I did get a conformation number for my case I guess. They never did send me the email like I was supposed to get. We will see how it goes a week from now if I get my refund or not. Really irritated by all this.

Did you end up coming back to the Note or are you still sticking with the Edge?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Did you end up coming back to the Note or are you still sticking with the Edge?

Sticking with the Edge. Figure S8 Edge will be out in the spring and I will just wait. So tired of dealing with all this BS with the Note and such. By the time this is all sorted out the S8 Edge will be out! So still waiting for my $864 to go back on my card.

I won't pre order next time though. I will go into a store and pay cash only.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Sticking with the Edge. Figure S8 Edge will be out in the spring and I will just wait. So tired of dealing with all this BS with the Note and such. By the time this is all sorted out the S8 Edge will be out! So still waiting for my $864 to go back on my card.

I won't pre order next time though. I will go into a store and pay cash only.

Dang that sucks, what's going on with your money? Yeah, S8 should be nice, we'll see how it ends up around the first of the year. I was going to stick with the Edge, but, eh, I liked the Note a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech