T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Dang that sucks, what's going on with your money? Yeah, S8 should be nice, we'll see how it ends up around the first of the year. I was going to stick with the Edge, but, eh, I liked the Note a little better.

When I returned the Note 7 last week they somehow didn't process it right. They didn't scan the IMEI into the system or something so it showed I never returned the Note 7 even though I no longer have it! Tmobile on twitter said I'd have to go 30 miles to the store and have them process it again then wait up to EIGHT weeks to get credited back. We called the 800 number and let her rip! They said it will take about 5 days for it to be processed.

The lower levels tried passing it off that I exchanged for an S7 Edge when in reality they basically returned the Note 7 (supposed to) and then they charged my card again for the S7 Edge.

IMO why the returns are being handled this way at the stores is probably so the sales associates can be credited for the sale. I've worked a number of retail jobs and never processed a swap like this.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
When I returned the Note 7 last week they somehow didn't process it right. They didn't scan the IMEI into the system or something so it showed I never returned the Note 7 even though I no longer have it! Tmobile on twitter said I'd have to go 30 miles to the store and have them process it again then wait up to EIGHT weeks to get credited back. We called the 800 number and let her rip! They said it will take about 5 days for it to be processed.

The lower levels tried passing it off that I exchanged for an S7 Edge when in reality they basically returned the Note 7 (supposed to) and then they charged my card again for the S7 Edge.

IMO why the returns are being handled this way at the stores is probably so the sales associates can be credited for the sale. I've worked a number of retail jobs and never processed a swap like this.

OMG man. Thats awful. I hope you get it resolved quickly....sheesh. You wouldn't even believe all the crap I had to go through to get my account fixed...it wasn't anything like yours but when I exchanged my Note 7 for the Edge (for recal reasons) the store rep did it about as wrong as you can do it, she had my line all screwed up. Thankfully the guy at the store I got my Note 7 from today was able to get it all corrected. That's the short version of the story, lol.

Anyway, yeah man, hope you get that money back. Thats a lot of change for them to be just hanging onto for 8 WEEKS!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
OMG man. Thats awful. I hope you get it resolved quickly....sheesh. You wouldn't even believe all the crap I had to go through to get my account fixed...it wasn't anything like yours but when I exchanged my Note 7 for the Edge (for recal reasons) the store rep did it about as wrong as you can do it, she had my line all screwed up. Thankfully the guy at the store I got my Note 7 from today was able to get it all corrected. That's the short version of the story, lol.

Anyway, yeah man, hope you get that money back. Thats a lot of change for them to be just hanging onto for 8 WEEKS!

If I don't have it by next Thur I don't know what to do then. The store never gave me a receipt for the part that was supposed to be put back onto my bank card, just a receipt for the sales tax refunded in cash! My charge company was no help and said it was between me and them (tmobile). I guess contact the AG office then or maybe local news about doing a story how the Note 7 return thing is FUBAR.

Could I get Samsung involved with the refund possibly? Luckily as far as I know my account isn't jacked up, but I'm out of $864 and it's shady they would return it and recharge you the full amount for a new phone instead of applying towards it. I've worked retail jobs where people ordered stuff online and returned it to storefront and wouldn't do it this way.

I think it was Sams that is causing problems I read and someone got samsung involved in it.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If I don't have it by next Thur I don't know what to do then. The store never gave me a receipt for the part that was supposed to be put back onto my bank card, just a receipt for the sales tax refunded in cash! My charge company was no help and said it was between me and them (tmobile). I guess contact the AG office then or maybe local news about doing a story how the Note 7 return thing is FUBAR.

Could I get Samsung involved with the refund possibly? Luckily as far as I know my account isn't jacked up, but I'm out of $864 and it's shady they would return it and recharge you the full amount for a new phone instead of applying towards it. I've worked retail jobs where people ordered stuff online and returned it to storefront and wouldn't do it this way.

I think it was Sams that is causing problems I read and someone got samsung involved in it.

Samsung won't help and they really don't have anything to do with it. When I sent back my phone they told me it would their policy allows up to 30 days to refund. I thought this was insane. It ended up taking about 12 days, which I still think is excessive. Hopefully you can get it straight, I'm surprised your bank or credit card you paid with wasn't more helpful. They should have an option to try and process a charge back and investigate the charge.

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Called the 1844 number and the rep said that they will ship it to my home and they will also send a box to ship back the defective one. When the rep tried to place the order, she said that she is unable to do it because it shows in the system that there is no stock. She will continue to place the order tomorrow and call me back to let me know if it went through.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Samsung won't help and they really don't have anything to do with it. When I sent back my phone they told me it would their policy allows up to 30 days to refund. I thought this was insane. It ended up taking about 12 days, which I still think is excessive. Hopefully you can get it straight, I'm surprised your bank or credit card you paid with wasn't more helpful. They should have an option to try and process a charge back and investigate the charge.

Luckily it was my student charge/debit card the school puts my student loan refund on. I hate that card and the fees so I use that to use the money up since I use my credit card to purchase my textbooks. The card is owned by some big bank. I will give that a try next week though and press them to investigate it, but my problem is I have no receipt for it or documentation to show other than the 67 bucks sales tax I got refunded in cash and the original receipt from the order.

Odd, but the folks in the Best Buy thread seem to have the most smoothest process going on right now when usually that is the opposite with Best Buy. Verizon and Tmobile seem to be the worst on this right now. With device shortages, clueless reps, it will probably be December before all this is sorted out. The media needs to pick up on all this we are dealing with returning or attempting to return these devices.

la9ers

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
i was able to call the 1-844 # yesterday to order note 7 ship to store and also inquired about the $25 credit and the first month 37.50 (JOD monthy fee) refund do to the inconvenience. rep had no problem issuing credit to account. now waiting till Friday to deliver in store. hoping for smooth transaction.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Called a bunch of area stores around noon today... most never got stock in, two said they already sold out, one said they only had black, and finally the Tysons Corner mall location said they had "very low stock" of the coral blue (which is what I originally had and wanted to keep).

What a complete and utter cluster it was. I left work early thinking it would take 30 minutes max for the store reps to figure out how to process the exchange. It took them about an hour and 15 minutes...

They refunded the original (recalled) Note 7 and then processed the replacement Note 7 as a new purchase.

Glad to finally be done with it (for now, knock on wood). As soon as I turned the phone on it downloaded some updates. I do have the green battery icon.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Called a bunch of area stores around noon today... most never got stock in, two said they already sold out, one said they only had black, and finally the Tysons Corner mall location said they had "very low stock" of the coral blue (which is what I originally had and wanted to keep).

What a complete and utter cluster it was. I left work early thinking it would take 30 minutes max for the store reps to figure out how to process the exchange. It took them about an hour and 15 minutes...

They refunded the original (recalled) Note 7 and then processed the replacement Note 7 as a new purchase.

Glad to finally be done with it (for now, knock on wood). As soon as I turned the phone on it downloaded some updates. I do have the green battery icon.

My return process was pretty quick I got there as soon as my T-Mobile store open they had 8 devices by the time I left a half hour later there was only 2 left I was able to swap out my black onyx for the coral blue. They had to issue me a refund for my original device which was a down payment of $149 and then I was able to upgrade to the new one

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Called all the stores in my area and they all said the same thing - only giving notes to people doing exchanges, no new purchases. Had I known this from the beginning I wouldn't have returned mine for a refund and would have waited. Looks like I'll be headed to another device.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Did you pay with a credit/debit card? If so watch your account carefully. If you saw my post earlier today about them not processing the return correctly since mine was a order, not a in store purchase. Especially since you said the rep had troubles figuring out the process there is a decent chance something might be jacked up.

This is utter nonsense they refund the card then rering up an entire purchase instead of applying the exchange towards it. Never seen a retail process like this before.

tripleblaze

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I have my new Note 7 and it went better than expected overall. I called the store closest to my home on my lunch break today to see if they had any Note 7s in stock and they said they had a few of each color. I called them again after leaving work and they still had a few left so I headed over to the store and they had one black and one silver left. I decided to switch from silver to black and I think it looks great!
As for the exchange process, it took about an hour and a half. I still had my original Note 7 as well as a S7 Edge loaner device. The employees had a print out with instructions on how to process the returns, but it still took some trial and error before everything would go through. The most difficult part seemed to be returning the loaner s7 edge... after that was done, swapping the old Note 7 for the new one was pretty quick and painless. I checked my T-Mobile account online after returning home and the s7 edge loaner EIP is gone and the new Note 7 JOD is now in place! I'm glad to have the Note 7 back! Hang in there if you really want the Note 7, it's worth the wait.

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Just hung up w/ the a Rep from the 844 number... this is getting so frustrating. She told me my order is on backorder and won't ship out til November. I didn't want to waste my whole day (Bday) in a Tmobile store. Rep also told me not to cancel my order since a lot of people are cancelling and might bump up a spot for me. This is getting ridiculous and I super hate using the S7edge. Tomorrow I will try my luck, I don't care what color I get. I just want to use a Note phone. Tmobile should get their act together!

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
I called the 844 number to get a reserved phone shipped out, hoping to avoid the whole hassle of calling stores and driving around looking for one in stock and the right color. No luck. The operator told me I had to do everything in the store. I read to her from T-Mobile's own website about how they would ship a phone to the store of your choice and let you know when it arrives. But she said she didn't know anything about that. She didn't even know about the recall; I had to explain it to her.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just hung up w/ the a Rep from the 844 number... this is getting so frustrating. She told me my order is on backorder and won't ship out til November. I didn't want to waste my whole day (Bday) in a Tmobile store. Rep also told me not to cancel my order since a lot of people are cancelling and might bump up a spot for me. This is getting ridiculous and I super hate using the S7edge. Tomorrow I will try my luck, I don't care what color I get. I just want to use a Note phone. Tmobile should get their act together!
November? First time I heard a date that late...

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Note 7 is backordered until NOV? That is as bad as the Iphone 7 Plus backorders. I would just get a refund but as you see in my case that could take weeks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma