T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
This whole thing is ridiculous. For every interaction I have had with T-Mobile throughout this whole debacle, I've received at least 3 different answers each time. Sometimes from the same source (Tforce etc). The sadder part is I know I'm far from alone in this experience. Honestly, I'm getting tired of trying and seriously considering just giving up and returning the thing and keeping my loaner.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
This whole thing is ridiculous. For every interaction I have had with T-Mobile throughout this whole debacle, I've received at least 3 different answers each time. Sometimes from the same source (Tforce etc). The sadder part is I know I'm far from alone in this experience. Honestly, I'm getting tired of trying and seriously considering just giving up and returning the thing and keeping my loaner.

I'm right there with you. I don't wanna keep my loaner though. I have the S7 Edge as my loaner. I don't like the Silver. Plus I get too many accidental presses on the edges. Especially using the keyboard. Never had that problem with my Note.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

I am also considering just returning it just waiting til the 30th , t-mobile has been very unorganized with this whole situation, I've received so many different statements from them and they all contradict one another

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Isn't it amazing how a communications company has extremely poor communication? In an era when information can be so easily sent with up to the minutes news that this recall has been like people talking through tin cans with no string.

Luvmynad

May 12, 2016
Visit site
You were able to do a smartswitch? They had everyone turn off their note 7 while in the store and wouldn't let anyone turn them back on for any reason, smartswitch or even to do a factory reset. They said this was as per Samsung. If you went in with a phone with all info and pictures without backing up then you were out of luck. T-mobile gestapo. What's worse is that almost everyone did a factory reset secretly while in line and then walked out without a replacement phone due to the ineptitude of the employees. This was me included. AARRGHHH.

Luvmynad

May 12, 2016
Visit site
after using the edge as a loaner it is a no go. Drives me crazy with the accidental touches on the sides and the whole experience is not as good as the note7.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
after using the edge as a loaner it is a no go. Drives me crazy with the accidental touches on the sides and the whole experience is not as good as the note7.
This was my thinking as well. At first I was going to just keep the Edge but after a few days of using I realized.... Nope, nope, gotta get the Note 7 back.

Those Edge sides are way too much.

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been getting both texts and emails. The email about it shipping out came last night. I got the text this morning. The auto sms feature seems to be a little behind the email system. It may be how it's set up in mytmobile. Or the rep could've applied both notification systems. I can't remember if he asked what type of notification I wanted to receive or not.

I only got texts even though I told the rep I wanted email notifications. But at least that's better than no notifications at all. Got a text this morning letting me know my replacement has been delivered to the store. So I'll be stopping by tomorrow to swap out my old Note and my S7E loaner. We shall see how it goes...

Bruce Mao

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
When I switched my Note7 yesterday, the rep told me that they were not allowed to do any data transfers. 30 min into the exchange process, she told me to go ahead and turn on my old Note7 and begin Smart Switch, which I did with no problems.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
You were able to do a smartswitch? They had everyone turn off their note 7 while in the store and wouldn't let anyone turn them back on for any reason, smartswitch or even to do a factory reset. They said this was as per Samsung. If you went in with a phone with all info and pictures without backing up then you were out of luck. T-mobile gestapo. What's worse is that almost everyone did a factory reset secretly while in line and then walked out without a replacement phone due to the ineptitude of the employees. This was me included. AARRGHHH.

In an email I got from either T-Mobile or Samsung (gotten so many I can't remember who it was from) but it stated they would not be doing data transfers from the old device to the new one due to CPSC rules. The only benefit of this is it should help speed up the process and cut down on the wait time.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
When I switched my Note7 yesterday, the rep told me that they were not allowed to do any data transfers. 30 min into the exchange process, she told me to go ahead and turn on my old Note7 and begin Smart Switch, which I did with no problems.
I was just going to grab mine and go but they mentioned smart switch so I decided to let them. They copied all to the new phone so it's all setup like the other so I'm happy. In about 4 hours I will have 24 hours in with the replacement N7

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Isn't it amazing how a communications company has extremely poor communication? In an era when information can be so easily sent with up to the minutes news that this recall has been like people talking through tin cans with no string.

To be honest, I can see how this kind of thing happens when getting conflicting information over the phone and Twitter help. T-mobile 611 reps probably don't get paid a whole lot and probably have a high turnover rate. Some (not all) probably aren't that detail oriented or maybe just don't care enough to know every aspect of their job.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I only got texts even though I told the rep I wanted email notifications. But at least that's better than no notifications at all. Got a text this morning letting me know my replacement has been delivered to the store. So I'll be stopping by tomorrow to swap out my old Note and my S7E loaner. We shall see how it goes...
Did you get any shipping tracking information texts before that one? I got my first one about 27 hours ago. Nothing since.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I returned mine to the store and they wanted everything that came with it.
That's why you shouldn't have taken anything but the phone with you. If they try and refuse you because you don't have accessories talk to a manager and stay firm

On a side note... I'm waiting until the madness dies down. Still no spontaneous combustion here

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
For anyone who got their T-mobile replacement that had signal reception issues with your original...is this one better or the same? My original was pretty bad. I am assuming the new one will be bad as well. Not sure why it's like that.
When I popped the sim from my original Note7 into my Note5, no issues in the same area.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
That's why you shouldn't have taken anything but the phone with you. If they try and refuse you because you don't have accessories talk to a manager and stay firm

On a side note... I'm waiting until the madness dies down. Still no spontaneous combustion here
Seeing as every store seems to be different on what you need to return, I'm thinking some stores are trying to scam people so they can keep the extra s-pens and chargers for themselves and just box up the phone for Samsung.

Hkpand

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
For those having trouble getting their Note7s, try this number: 1-844-275-9309. The store I had exchanged my Note7s at wouldn't refund me my accessories. They told me to call 611. 611 told me only 4 call centers were handling the Note7 situation and that number above is one of them. I called that number and they refunded me. Maybe someone else can get some good news using that number as well.

For those still looking for a exchange. Just call 1-844-275-9309. I did it few minutes ago. Two note 7 coming to a store near me as soon as they have them in stock. She also told me a large amount of note 7 is on the way. Call the 844# guys, no need to call and drive around like crazy. Waste of time and gas. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck to everyone.

Desean1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as every store seems to be different on what you need to return, I'm thinking some stores are trying to scam people so they can keep the extra s-pens and chargers for themselves and just box up the phone for Samsung.
I was thinking the same thing.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
For anyone who got their T-mobile replacement that had signal reception issues with your original...is this one better or the same? My original was pretty bad. I am assuming the new one will be bad as well. Not sure why it's like that.
When I popped the sim from my original Note7 into my Note5, no issues in the same area.
Mine seems to be better but The real test is tomorrow which Will be My 1st day driving to Work with IT I Work about 48 miles from My Home and typically have pretty bad reception in an out along The way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown