T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The usb-c cable /chargers are kind of pricey. I have a ton of micro USB cables
That's where those adapters come in very handy i'm going to be very careful with the chords I use though on this one all the micro u s b ones I have have lots and lots of cat chew marks because our cat gets temperamental

la9ers

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
went to UPS website to track my note 7 shipping to store near me and came across this info on their site...

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Recall Updates

Service Update

Posted September 15, 2016

As Samsung defines and communicates its recall replacement program for its Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones, UPS has offered our support and will continue to monitor the situation. UPS follows International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), International Air Transport Association (IATA) and U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines that currently prohibit air shipments for any lithium battery products recalled for safety reasons.

The U.S. DOT has approved the return of recalled products using specially permitted DOT-SP 16011 packaging. The returns can only be shipped using UPS® Ground services. Samsung has made arrangements to provide the necessary packaging customers will need, as well as a return label to complete the return.

UPS is committed to the safe transportation of hazardous materials in all modes, and we adhere both to U.S. and international regulations and standards for shipping batteries. We work with the many responsible consumer electronics and battery manufacturers to follow all guidelines.

Continue to check here for more information as we learn more about the situation.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
In an email I got from either T-Mobile or Samsung (gotten so many I can't remember who it was from) but it stated they would not be doing data transfers from the old device to the new one due to CPSC rules. The only benefit of this is it should help speed up the process and cut down on the wait time.

When I returned my Note 7 for the Edge last week they were going to let me transfer everything over but I already did that at home with transferring all my data to the S7 I was using as a backup.

Treonday

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
What all did you have to give back to them? Was it just the N7 or all the stuff that came in the box?

I'm hoping to return just the phone and get an extra charger out of it.

Your results may vary. I gave them everything but the headphones, but I saw somebody give up just their old device.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I will be picking my new note today.ups delivered it to the store.they just need to do the exchange. Hopefully it will go smoothly.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I received my new note 7 yesterday. The process is a little slow but under the circumstances t-mobile is doing the best they can.... This will be worth the wait, because I have noticed improvements in the new note 7..... Feels very snappy, runs smooth... A different feel to it!... I just love this phone!
I hope everyone receives there phone soon!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I received my new note 7 yesterday. The process is a little slow but under the circumstances t-mobile is doing the best they can.... This will be worth the wait, because I have noticed improvements in the new note 7..... Feels very snappy, runs smooth... A different feel to it!... I just love this phone!
I hope everyone receives there phone soon!
The replacement Note 7 by far was worth the wait. So glad I got it

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
For anyone who got their T-mobile replacement that had signal reception issues with your original...is this one better or the same? My original was pretty bad. I am assuming the new one will be bad as well. Not sure why it's like that.
When I popped the sim from my original Note7 into my Note5, no issues in the same area.
I had signal issues on my original Note 7 where if I lost the data connection I would not get it back until I did a reboot. I have not had that issue with the replacement Note 7.

susieee

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
If anyone called T-Mobile to get replacement sent to the store how lpng did u wait? I called yesterday to have it sent to the store n caller today to see if its been shipped n found out its ob back order smh

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
If anyone called T-Mobile to get replacement sent to the store how lpng did u wait? I called yesterday to have it sent to the store n caller today to see if its been shipped n found out its ob back order smh

I called yesterday to have my new device sent to the store. I shortly after received a text that it was processing and then this morning I received a text it shipped. Oddly enough, this afternoon I received a text that it was ready for pickup at the store. I will have to go tomorrow to pick it up since I didn't bring everything with me today. Let's just hope it is still there.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I think I'm going to just keep my edge. This whole thing is just too much of a pain.

That is what I'm doing. I'm so over with this! Even though I got my Edge, I'm still having to deal with this fiasco waiting to get my 864 bucks back into my account since they messed the return process up. I'm sure that will take a couple more weeks knowing my luck.

I just can't escape this whole thing. I will probably get an S8 Edge but hell NO to pre ordering and buying it on release day after all this.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I ordered Tuesday 9-20 around 3:30pm, so it was too late for UPS to pick up that day. Went out the next day and I got a text that it had been shipped, since there was no tracking number in the text I got on a live chat with T-Mobile to get a tracking number which they provided and it was delivered to the store today.

Heads up to those who ordered to a store. So if the UPS shows it has been delivered to your store, phone the store first and see if it's been updated in the system and they will be able to give it to you. I noticed on UPS that it had been delivered, I called my store about an hour after that to verify and asked if I could come and pick it up since I was about to take my lunch break and the store is only about 3 miles away. They said it was there and that I could come and pick it up; great I thought. So I get to the store, there are 2 people in front of me so it takes about 15 minutes until I can talk to a rep. They go back and get my Note 7 and start plugging away at the computer. Finally he looks up at me and says unfortunately this phone hasn't been updated in the system yet so we can't give it to you (by this I'm guessing he means since it hasn't been updated in the system they have no way to assign it to my account, create the EIP and so on). Then he said it can take anywhere from 2-3 hours for the system to update... I was sooooo close to getting my new Note 7 and then he just takes it away from me... cruel. He took my name and number and said he would check throughout the day to see if it has been updated and for me to call in when I get off work to see if it's ready. Had it been a much longer drive to the store I would have been po'd but it's only a few miles so it is what it is but I did end up wasting my lunch break.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
That is what I'm doing. I'm so over with this! Even though I got my Edge, I'm still having to deal with this fiasco waiting to get my 864 bucks back into my account since they messed the return process up. I'm sure that will take a couple more weeks knowing my luck.

I just can't escape this whole thing. I will probably get an S8 Edge but hell NO to pre ordering and buying it on release day after all this.
This has nothing to do with pre ordering the device. Don't get me wrong I get your frustration but this situation is the first time it's ever happened and likely and hopefully never will again. I wouldn't worry about pre ordering.

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Was able to get a replacement today after calling 10 stores. Its a crazy day but was able to manage it.
So here goes... I went to the first Tmobile store who had the Note 7 in stock but only in black color. When I told them I had a loaner, they said they don't accept returns for the loaners because they were only a dealer...DUH?! I thought they were a corporate store when I saw it at tmobile.com but then they told me to go to a corporate store w/c was half a mile (whew). So when I went to the corporate store, there was a huge line. It was mixed for making payments, purchasing other phones and there were 3 of us doing the Note 7 exchange.
They did a return on my loaner S7edge first because I had no receipt and it was shipped to me. They kept making mistakes in doing the return process because they just got the memo yesterday and the employee was his first time to do the exchange process. After they finally processed the return for the loaner, they did a return for my Recalled Note 7. They gave me a refund of the down payment I made online plus taxes w/c they informed me I'll be getting after 3-5 days. Then they did a new purchase for the approved Note 7 replacement. I had to pay the down payment plus taxes again. I already wiped my old Note 7 to make it faster. Then they did a smart switch from my loaner S7edge to the note 7 w/c took about an hour. After that I wiped off the loaner phone. They told me to call customer care for the $25 credit because they don't do it in the store. It took me almost 2 hours for the whole process. The tmobile employees there told me that they've been so exhausted with this process.
Samsung made a big mess and they should compensate the carriers for all this choas they created. Oh and they got a copy of my ID too and attached to their records since I got both phones online. Be prepared when you're headed to do the exchange and make time! I got time off from my work today because yesterday most stores were sold out. This morning some stores only had the blue note 7. I exchanged mine to the same color w/c is the titanium silver.
Now my problem is, I ordered from the 844 number and was told it won't ship out til Novemeber since its backordered. I persistently tried going to a store to try my luck w/c I did. Then when I called 844, they told me I can't cancel my order anymore. I'd have to call the store where its going to be shipped and request for the store to return it to sender. Another headache! Seriously, I'm done dealing w/ this b*llsh*t. Samsung better make it right next time.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just received approval for a gear vr with my note 7 replacement...this is my third gift...first i got the gear fit 2 watch with old note 7, the 256 gb microSD card just shipped for loaner s7 edge, and now the new replacement note 7 has been just approved for gear vr ...i love samsung....the quicker you can get ya replacement..the better chance for gift approval on the same s7 promotion...

Last edited:

c921

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site

Same here. They told me I have to wait til November. I just went to a store today and got my replacement plus returned my loaner.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I had signal issues on my original Note 7 where if I lost the data connection I would not get it back until I did a reboot. I have not had that issue with the replacement Note 7.

I occasionally had the same issue with my original, haven't had any problems yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.