T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
No, none of the texts had tracking info. Just notifications letting me know that the device had shipped. I had to hit up TMobileHelp on twitter to get the tracking info.

i had to do the same .i got a text when i ordered replacement.i received a second text when it shipped thats it.no Emails.no tracking delivery or shipper info.i called T mobile they couldnt tell me anything more .I got on twitter used Tmobile help.person was great confirmed my info on my acct and within a few moments she told me ups gave me tracking info and that it would be delivered today by 3pm.Sure enough went on ups tracked it got a text from ups it was delivered at noon.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I just received approval for a gear vr with my note 7 replacement...this is my third gift...first i got the gear fit 2 watch with old note 7, the 256 gb microSD card just shipped for loaner s7 edge, and now the new replacement note 7 has been just approved for gear vr ...i love samsung....the quicker you can get ya replacement..the better chance for gift approval on the same s7 promotion...

how did you get approval?what site or link did you use?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Jeez, the way this is going, by the time everyone gets their Note 7 replacements the S8 Edge will be just a few months away.
I'm sure the S8 release will be postponed...samsung has to first change the public's newfound perception ....i expect s8 most likely in may or june 2017

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
They have been saying that Oct 21 date is probably going to get pushed up quite a bit. Probably start selling next week sometime.
South Korean government has just enforced some new safety measures today on Samsung' which will push production back surely although it doesn't directly affect US...it affects their production capacity now

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I got off the phone with the 1-844 number and going to have my replacement N7 sent out tomorrow and probably arrive at my store Saturday and probably pick it up Sunday. She said I had to get the same color I have now and could not get another color..oh well..I'm going to try and see if I can leave my box and accessories at home and see if I can get away without giving those back as well. Has anyone else just give the phone and keep everything else including the s-pen and get away with it?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
It's probably too late for that unless they don't release the S8 series until the summer since they probably already started on the Edge and Note 8 designs already. Just have to wonder if that would affect sales a lot because many forum users here buy the Note, then bought the S7 Edge when it came out, then bought the Note 7 lol and I'm sure a good chunk of Note 7 users here will purchase the S8 Edge when it comes out.
I am sure there are some people that jump from the S to the Note every year, just like some people go from Android to Apple. I think most don't go from the Note to the S, though. Now, if the S8 and S8 plus have the same screen curves as the Note7 and the plus is 5.7", I could see some people jumping to the S8 plus. Otherwise, 5.5" is a deal breaker for most Note users.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I am sure there are some people that jump from the S to the Note every year, just like some people go from Android to Apple. I think most don't go from the Note to the S, though. Now, if the S8 and S8 plus have the same screen curves as the Note7 and the plus is 5.7", I could see some people jumping to the S8 plus. Otherwise, 5.5" is a deal breaker for most Note users.

Its funny cause when the S7 Edge came out I thought it was the nicest looking phone ever, and the Note 7 design really perfected it. Not sure what they can do from here to make it any better.

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I got off the phone with the 1-844 number and going to have my replacement N7 sent out tomorrow and probably arrive at my store Saturday and probably pick it up Sunday. She said I had to get the same color I have now and could not get another color..oh well..I'm going to try and see if I can leave my box and accessories at home and see if I can get away without giving those back as well. Has anyone else just give the phone and keep everything else including the s-pen and get away with it?
I asked to keep my s-pen, but they said no. Otherwise, I kept everything.

Way out west

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
When I exchanged mine, I just exchanged the phone itself and the store didn't care. Rep even gave me the pair of headphones that came in the case of the replacement.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Apparently my replacement was delivered this morning to my "local store". Didn't get any kind of update that it was delivered though. Reached out to TMo help on Twitter to get the tracking number. That's how I found out.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
yes i did .i just gave them my phone and the box ,thats all she said she needed.the only thing is i had to pay for another Zagg.i had bought one for my first note7.she said i had to thru zagg for a warranty replacements.but otherwise painless exchange.i got an extra sim .no other new charges.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Did you pay with a credit/debit card? If so watch your account carefully. If you saw my post earlier today about them not processing the return correctly since mine was a order, not a in store purchase. Especially since you said the rep had troubles figuring out the process there is a decent chance something might be jacked up.

This is utter nonsense they refund the card then rering up an entire purchase instead of applying the exchange towards it. Never seen a retail process like this before.

Thanks for the heads up! I indeed used a credit card and was very weary of the return/re-purchase process. My original device was also ordered by phone, not in-store. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
yes i did .i just gave them my phone and the box ,thats all she said she needed.the only thing is i had to pay for another Zagg.i had bought one for my first note7.she said i had to thru zagg for a warranty replacements.but otherwise painless exchange.i got an extra sim .no other new charges.

They made you pay for another Zagg? And it's clearly stated that they will refund any accessories you bought from them in their return announcement. If it's a case you're going to use on the same device, understandably they may not refund because you may use it again. But once you remove a Zagg cover from one phone, it's impossible to use it in another phone. It's not your fault.
The sales associate that helped me, without even me asking him, not only REPLACED my Zagg protectors but also installed it on my new Note 7. And yeah, I get to keep all the accessories and the S-Pen from the old phone as well. As I mentioned before, I gave him a little tip for his exemplary service..
I also asked him if there will be any losses to the store, he explained that aside from labor hours, everything including accessories will be forwarded to Samsung and Samsung will reimburse them for the cost price (not the retail price). Seems like other stores are not aware of this.

Desean1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I got my replacement the box has the square but is not the"V2" version I did the update and checked my imei and it checked out fine should I be concerned?😞

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech