T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I'm thinking I might just return my recalled Note and the loaner and just buy unlocked from here on out.
I'm pretty sure that I heard or read that those who bought unlocked straight from samsung.com didn't even get replacements. They could just return their phones for refunds and still cannot even buy another one. Even though this seems like it's bad that appears to have been even worse.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Just got notification my replacement has been shipped to the store.

Sniff - I'm gonna miss owning THE MOST DANGEROUS PHONE IN THE WORLD!

All in all, has not been too much of a inconvenience. Sammy & Tmo did a decent job with a crappy situation.

Attachments

• 6026.jpg
    6026.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 77

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
So called my T-Mobile store today to make sure that my replacement that was sent to them yesterday was ready for me to pick up. Of course the person I spoke to was clueless and tried telling me that they didn't have any Note 7's in stock. Had to explain to him that no, T-Mobile sent them a phone specifically for me. So puts me on hold again, comes back and is like "uhhh is this a warranty replacement, we do have that for you". So had to re-explain the situation again just to confirm we were on the same page and that the phone is indeed ready for me to pick up. Guess I'll find out after work today!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that I heard or read that those who bought unlocked straight from samsung.com didn't even get replacements. They could just return their phones for refunds and still cannot even buy another one. Even though this seems like it's bad that appears to have been even worse.

I kinda doubt I'm buying from Samsung again anyway. It's less about the recall itself and more about how poorly I feel it was handled.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I kinda doubt I'm buying from Samsung again anyway. It's less about the recall itself and more about how poorly I feel it was handled.

I do not want to start a flame war. But I cannot not see a way Sammy or the carriers could have handled it better. Most of the confusion is at the stores, use the 877# to get the replacement process going, then when it is shipped and SIGNED FOR, once at the store, ask for the person that signed for it.

For Sammy, I think they did a great job, once the problems was detected, they did not hesitate. Once the media and the Federal Government got involved, then the process slowed down some.

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Took me 4 hours to get a replacement which includes travel time. Got at the store yesterday at 2:30. They didn't start it until 3. They couldn't get it finished until 4:30. They kept having issues and had no idea how to do it. I was with the assistant store manager as well. That is crazy.
Didn't get home until 6 due to rush hour traffic. I was gonna do smart switch for everything but that would have taken another hour. I did what I needed so only like 10 minutes for that.

This is such a mess. I'm just glad to have my replacement phone.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I do not want to start a flame war. But I cannot not see a way Sammy or the carriers could have handled it better. Most of the confusion is at the stores, use the 877# to get the replacement process going, then when it is shipped and SIGNED FOR, once at the store, ask for the person that signed for it.

For Sammy, I think they did a great job, once the problems was detected, they did not hesitate. Once the media and the Federal Government got involved, then the process slowed down some.

I don't know. I feel like customer service hasn't been very good all around. Agree to disagree I guess.

I ordered mine through the 844 number and it was supposedly delivered and signed for to the store yesterday morning.. The store however can't seem to find it.

Way out west

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Gave you? Those headphones are yours, not theirs.

Well, if I already have the original box with charger, adapters, cables, headphones, and manual at home -- I didn't expect to get the headphones from the replacement box also...but you're saying I'm supposed to have gotten the whole replacement box too?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the S8 release will be postponed...samsung has to first change the public's newfound perception ....i expect s8 most likely in may or june 2017
More than likely Samsung will want the S8 out sooner rather than later. It's like getting bite of something that you really hate, you don't put off eating anything else, you get a fresh bite of something tasty to get the sour taste out if your mouth. Look for the S8 to be right on time or maybe even a tad early.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

I agree with this. Idk what more anyone should have expected. The store reps are usually clueless without this added scenario. Add to the fact that they just went through an iPhone launch as well. It was inconvenience, yes. Was it poorly handled, yes. However, was it handled the best it could have been given the situation, yes and no. I think Tmobile could have done more to get on the same page, that's not Samsung fault though. I'll carry on enjoying Tmobile and buying Samsung phones and let this fall under the bridge now.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
More than likely Samsung will want the S8 out sooner rather than later. It's like getting bite of something that you really hate, you don't put off eating anything else, you get a fresh bite of something tasty to get the sour taste out if your mouth. Look for the S8 to be right on time or maybe even a tad early.
Considering that the cause of this Note 7 issue was due to them rushing to get it out early, I wouldn't count on an early release at all.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Oh and I forgot to mention. Nobody works at the store with the name that supposedly signed for it.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I don't know. I feel like customer service hasn't been very good all around. Agree to disagree I guess.

I ordered mine through the 844 number and it was supposedly delivered and signed for to the store yesterday morning.. The store however can't seem to find it.

Yeah, a coworker went to another Tmo store hand has about as many issues as you. While things for me have been moving along pretty well.

At the store level I will grant you it is a hit & miss. Customer Service is a thankless job. And I know there are people just gunning for "FREE THIS" and "FREE THAT" and then the "I'm going to sue you for mental anguish!"

Special Snowflakes all.

I hope you get your replacement soon.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, a coworker went to another Tmo store hand has about as many issues as you. While things for me have been moving along pretty well.

At the store level I will grant you it is a hit & miss. Customer Service is a thankless job. And I know there are people just gunning for "FREE THIS" and "FREE THAT" and then the "I'm going to sue you for mental anguish!"

Special Snowflakes all.

I hope you get your replacement soon.

Thanks

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
So called my T-Mobile store today to make sure that my replacement that was sent to them yesterday was ready for me to pick up. Of course the person I spoke to was clueless and tried telling me that they didn't have any Note 7's in stock. Had to explain to him that no, T-Mobile sent them a phone specifically for me. So puts me on hold again, comes back and is like "uhhh is this a warranty replacement, we do have that for you". So had to re-explain the situation again just to confirm we were on the same page and that the phone is indeed ready for me to pick up. Guess I'll find out after work today!

Before you drive in, ask them to check and see if the phone is in their system and if they can release it to you. Mine arrived at my store yesterday as well but it's still not in the system so they can't give it to me. I'd hate for you to waste your time driving to the store if they can't release it yet.

adam13141

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Before you drive in, ask them to check and see if the phone is in their system and if they can release it to you. Mine arrived at my store yesterday as well but it's still not in the system so they can't give it to me. I'd hate for you to waste your time driving to the store if they can't release it yet.
Does anyone know how long it takes to get them in the system? It is strange that it is such a long process for them. It should be as simple as scanning a new product into your inventory, not take multiple days.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how long it takes to get them in the system? It is strange that it is such a long process for them. It should be as simple as scanning a new product into your inventory, not take multiple days.
No clue, waiting on a chat with tmobile to ask that question. Funny, when I first started the chat it told me my estimated wait time was 30 minutes. I quickly dropped down to 22 minutes but still. Why tmobile didn't have these scanned into the system when they were in the warehouse or before they shipped is beyond me. By corporate doing this all they have done is irritate the customer and make it difficult for the stores having to deal with the customers. In all fairness the text I got that said it had shipped did state I would get another text when I could pick it up. But it's been at the store for 22 hours now and no updates.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I called the store to ask if it was where and they said yes, asked if I could come and pick it up and they said sure. So I get there and the phone has not been updated in the system so they can't release it to me. I'm thinking the SKU's need to be entered into the system (this was mentioned on the 20th that stores had them but couldn't release them yet due to updating the system with the SKU's) and until that happens my phone just sits at my store. I received the text that it shipped and it did mention that I will get a text when it's ready to be picked up, the store rep said as soon as the system gets updated and they can release it I'll get a text that I can pick it up. She said until I get that text there is nothing they can do. It's corporate who has to enter the info into the system, I really wish they'd get their crap together, I just want my frickin' phone back.

This is the same thing that happened to me at a T-Mobile store last night. But I was still able to leave with my phones (I had two replacements). I was there for 2 hours! The store manager told me that they were having system problems and the corporate techs were slammed. I don't know what happened, but he basically told me that it may be up to 2 months or so before I would get billed for the phones because of the glitch. But he gave them to me and off I went.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
No clue, waiting on a chat with tmobile to ask that question. Funny, when I first started the chat it told me my estimated wait time was 30 minutes. I quickly dropped down to 22 minutes but still. Why tmobile didn't have these scanned into the system when they were in the warehouse or before they shipped is beyond me. By corporate doing this all they have done is irritate the customer and make it difficult for the stores having to deal with the customers. In all fairness the text I got that said it had shipped did state I would get another text when I could pick it up. But it's been at the store for 22 hours now and no updates.

Mine was there for over 24 hours when I called. They said it wasn't even there. After talking with TForce on Twitter they called and made sure somebody at the store found it before he got off the phone. TForce said it's ready to pick up, but I didn't call the store yet to make sure it's scanned in because I can't go pick it up today anyway (I have to work and the store is an hour drive). I assume that they scanned it in while on the phone with TForce, but I'm gonna call before I go hopefully tomorrow to make sure.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Just finished with the chat which was pointless, they just said I need to contact the store.

Edit: Contacted the store and was told their manager is on the phone with corporate right now to try and get the SKU's in the system as they have quite a few of them sitting at the store with the same issue. At least the store is being proactive and trying to get it sorted out instead of just blowing it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.