T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So I finally got my replacement Note today. It wasn't a horrible experience, but I kinda feel like they rushed the whole thing a little bit. When I got there it hadn't been scanned so I went to lunch and came back. The rep who helped me spent about 45 seconds on his computer, asked if I already factory reset my recalled Note, then he handed me my new Note. He didn't even open the new Note's box. When I told him I also had the loaner to send back and I'd already factory reset it he just said I should ship it back to T-Mobile to be safe. Whatever that means. No idea if he did the paperwork right or not. Guess I'll call T-Mobile or get in touch with T-Force about sending my loaner back.

pinhunter27

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh, you guarantee it? Lol. You give that a try and let me know how it goes.
T mobile was pretty adamant about not selling them. I had to call 844 and show my receipt showing purchased and returned before the store would sale me one. My original note was purchased at best buy Verizon model... switched carriers during the fiasco due to Verizon gimping note 7.

Last edited:

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
If you bought your phone straight from Samsung then that may be the case. But I guarantee you when I walk in a T-Mobile store and offer to buy a Note 7 and they have them in stock, they're selling them
My wife tried four different T-Mobile stores several times throughout last week and on Saturday to purchase a new Note 7.
Several stores said they had them in stock, but refused to sell them to my wife, since she never had the recalled one.
They are holding onto their stock for exchanges only at this point.

The uncertainty of not knowing when they would go back on sale at T-Mobile was really irritating her. My wife was sick of being in limbo, so we switched carriers and she walked out with a shiny new Note 7 in hand.

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I sent back my iPhone 6S + in the TMO box with the return label a rep on the phone told me too for my Note 7 Jump. I called week after week checking on this phone still showing on my account. As of today...still not accounted for.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Well still no refund yet. I'll be calling Wed to raise hell about it.

I just worry my Note 7 I returned is lost in space somewhere and I won't be able to get my refund. It was never scanned in the system tmobile customer service told me so it's like I own two phones right now.

Or I might go to the store and see if they have my old Note and tell them to swap it out for a new one since I basically own it still then and sell the Edge.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Same here. I sent back my iPhone 6S + in the TMO box with the return label a rep on the phone told me too for my Note 7 Jump. I called week after week checking on this phone still showing on my account. As of today...still not accounted for.

Sounds like my story with my refund my Note still shows on my account too like I own two phones.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Impossible to find a good screen protector for this phone, bout to keep it naked... I have try about 4 different ones and they all eventually lift up

They all suck for the note. Haven't found one that works. I did see a video on YouTube of a glass protector that didn't cover the curve portion. That looks like the only option but looks really annoying. Feel like I've wasted $100 on trying different ones that don't work.

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
It took 15 minutes to get my replacement this am. It took 2 hours for them to port my setup over to the new phone. I left about 15 minutes into the process and returned later with about 10 minutes left to go.

I received my new Note7 from stock. At the beginning of this whole thing, I decided I was not jumping ship. I also believed that when new units were available, if I walked in with an "explosive" unit, I would be taken care of immediately. I powered down and kept my original Note7 and stuck my sim in a $20 Coolpad Rogue from Walmart. I signed up at Samsung and T-Mobile for alerts but haven't really received anything from either. The rep pretty much agreed that those with faulty units in hand will be taken care of 1st.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
They all suck for the note. Haven't found one that works. I did see a video on YouTube of a glass protector that didn't cover the curve portion. That looks like the only option but looks really annoying. Feel like I've wasted $100 on trying different ones that don't work.
I just have a case on mine. Don't bother with the screen protectors.

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Well still no refund yet. I'll be calling Wed to raise hell about it.

I just worry my Note 7 I returned is lost in space somewhere and I won't be able to get my refund. It was never scanned in the system tmobile customer service told me so it's like I own two phones right now.

Or I might go to the store and see if they have my old Note and tell them to swap it out for a new one since I basically own it still then and sell the Edge.

You won't believe the nonsense I dealt with. So my first phone was a silver Note 7, pre-ordered and delivered to me during the first rollout (around August 19th). It would freeze up and restart way too often, so I wanted a replacement one. So I called for a replacement, which was promptly sent out and delivered to me. The TMobile rep emailed me a return label for the defective first Note 7. I promptly sent that back using their UPS return label. Keep in mind, this was right before the official recall. So I am guessing that my defective phone got delivered to Tmobile right around the time of the recall chaos. So things were a mess over there, understandably. So one week passes, then two weeks pass from the date my defective Note 7 was delivered to them by UPS (and signed for, as evidenced by the UPS tracking). I called almost every other day to check on the status of my returned Note 7, as it was obviously showing up on my bill still. Now, I understand that things were chaotic (and still are) because of the recall. I get that. I understand things will take longer than usual to process. Here is what made me mad-- two Loyalty reps flat out told me that they go by the handset IMEI number, not the UPS tracking number for the return. They didn't care that I had the UPS tracking number as proof that my defective phone was delivered to them. They told me they consider the phone received by them when they scan in the phone's IMEI number. I used THEIR UPS generated label, promptly sent back the phone to them, the UPS tracking number shows it was delivered AND signed for. They base their return on the IMEI number, yet THEY can't seem to find the phone. The same two reps said to me "We don't know what was in the box that you sent back to us, it could have been anything, which is why we go by the IMEI number when it is scanned in". So now they are offending me and accusing me of possibly sending them an empty box or something other than the defective Note 7. Two Loyalty reps said this to me (not even the regular level rep, but a level higher). I did my part, they couldn't find the phone, so somehow that ends up being my fault? Crazy and offensive to a long time Tmobile customer in good standing with them. They finally found my phone and removed it from my account last week. Believe me, I was stewing about it for quite some time.

Of course, then I had to deal with returning the replacement 2nd Note 7 because of the recall. That transaction went fine, along with getting the fixed Note 7 last week. But this entire, overall experience has been a headache.

I wish you luck and hope that they locate your phone soon.

Jzamora1978

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Received my Note 7 the day they came out last Wednesday. Walked into the store, they had 13 of them and got a black one instead of the silver I originally bought. Easy peasy.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
You won't believe the nonsense I dealt with. So my first phone was a silver Note 7, pre-ordered and delivered to me during the first rollout (around August 19th). It would freeze up and restart way too often, so I wanted a replacement one. So I called for a replacement, which was promptly sent out and delivered to me. The TMobile rep emailed me a return label for the defective first Note 7. I promptly sent that back using their UPS return label. Keep in mind, this was right before the official recall. So I am guessing that my defective phone got delivered to Tmobile right around the time of the recall chaos. So things were a mess over there, understandably. So one week passes, then two weeks pass from the date my defective Note 7 was delivered to them by UPS (and signed for, as evidenced by the UPS tracking). I called almost every other day to check on the status of my returned Note 7, as it was obviously showing up on my bill still. Now, I understand that things were chaotic (and still are) because of the recall. I get that. I understand things will take longer than usual to process. Here is what made me mad-- two Loyalty reps flat out told me that they go by the handset IMEI number, not the UPS tracking number for the return. They didn't care that I had the UPS tracking number as proof that my defective phone was delivered to them. They told me they consider the phone received by them when they scan in the phone's IMEI number. I used THEIR UPS generated label, promptly sent back the phone to them, the UPS tracking number shows it was delivered AND signed for. They base their return on the IMEI number, yet THEY can't seem to find the phone. The same two reps said to me "We don't know what was in the box that you sent back to us, it could have been anything, which is why we go by the IMEI number when it is scanned in". So now they are offending me and accusing me of possibly sending them an empty box or something other than the defective Note 7. Two Loyalty reps said this to me (not even the regular level rep, but a level higher). I did my part, they couldn't find the phone, so somehow that ends up being my fault? Crazy and offensive to a long time Tmobile customer in good standing with them. They finally found my phone and removed it from my account last week. Believe me, I was stewing about it for quite some time.

Of course, then I had to deal with returning the replacement 2nd Note 7 because of the recall. That transaction went fine, along with getting the fixed Note 7 last week. But this entire, overall experience has been a headache.

I wish you luck and hope that they locate your phone soon.

The store refunded the tax portion in cash to me, but somehow never processed the credit card portion (bank card) part of it. They were supposed to send my phone away for me. Apparently it was never scanned into the system. Since the store sent it away for me I was never given a UPS tracking number, and then tmobile on twitter says it could take FOUR to EIGHT weeks for my return to be processed for them to get the IMEI into the computer. So this is why it is considered I basically have two phones right now. If they can't get my refund sorted out by Wed when I call them I'm going to tell them I want my old Note back and then have them swap it out or reach out to Samsung and see if they will send me a new unit since obviously Tmobile for some reason can't process my refund.

And NO I won't go through that BS and let them charge me again and have them say they will "refund" me the amount like they promised last time. They will swap it out as an even exchange without my bank card.

Hkpand

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I received a text from t-mobile saying that my N7 exchange order is reaady for pick up at my local store. But the store employee refused to give me the phone. She said a memo form corporate just came out saying to stop doing exchange for people who ordered replacement N7 over the phone like me. What the heck?! Is this true? Anyone else have this problem? I love the Note7, however all this bad battery by samsung, all this phone call to T-mobile, everyone from 611 the 844# and store employee telling me difference things every day. All this is crazy! I'm ready to just return the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I received a text from t-mobile saying that my N7 exchange order is reaady for pick up at my local store. But the store employee refused to give me the phone. She said a memo form corporate just came out saying to stop doing exchange for people who ordered replacement N7 over the phone like me. What the heck?! Is this true? Anyone else have this problem? I love the Note7, however all this bad battery by samsung, all this phone call to T-mobile, everyone from 611 the 844# and store employee telling me difference things every day. All this is crazy! I'm ready to just return the phone.

Curious to see what happens for you. I got my text today as well, but I won't be going to pick my exchange up until Thurs. This whole entire thing is a disaster!

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

I called the 844 today to check whats going on on my order that I placed over the phone. They told me the can't find it and they don't do orders over the phone anymore. They told me to go to the store and let them order it.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I called the 844 today to check whats going on on my order that I placed over the phone. They told me the can't find it and they don't do orders over the phone anymore. They told me to go to the store and let them order it.

I know that's bs. Oh and they will charge you an "assist fee" for ordering it in the store too.

Hkpand

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I know that's bs. Oh and they will charge you an "assist fee" for ordering it in the store too.

I'm just getting so frustrated, tried and mad about all this. They told us to call the 844 # to have it ships to store. OK. We did that. Now that the phone is at the store. I showed up, but I can't have my phone? What?! I really like n7 but t-mobile is not making it easy........so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta