T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Nothing like waking up to an email saying my bill is ready and damn near having a heart attack seeing a bill for over $1000.00. Something tells me I'm going to be really frustrated when I call 611.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Nothing like waking up to an email saying my bill is ready and damn near having a heart attack seeing a bill for over $1000.00. Something tells me I'm going to be really frustrated when I call 611.

Wow!! Still no refund on my end. Looks like tomorrow I will be calling again. I'm getting sick of this whole thing!

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Got both my note 7's shipped to the store, went to get them replaced told the guy I didn't need him to switch anything over to the new phones it took like 20 minutes and I kept everything from my old note 7's including the spens and the rep didn't even want the old boxes

uhhh

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I decided to return my replacement after picking it up in store and waited over an hour b/c the battery is draining much faster than my previous Note7. I sent it back through a return label and hopefully i'm not getting the BS like above. My statement is showing around $1500 for the N7 and the "loaner S7E" which i also returned when picking up the replacement...I don't think this will come out smoothly..lessons learned.

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I was told---I was like huh? The sales rep said " Yeah, after we get all the recalls T-mobile will no longer be selling the Note 7"...I started to tell her that wasn't true and to let me speak to her manager, but just thought it wasn't worth it. Unfortunately tho---misinformation like that can harm the overall view of SamSung and move people over to other phones, who possibly were Note 7 purchasers.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm just getting so frustrated, tried and mad about all this. They told us to call the 844 # to have it ships to store. OK. We did that. Now that the phone is at the store. I showed up, but I can't have my phone? What?! I really like n7 but t-mobile is not making it easy........so sad.

Yeah, something weird is happening at Tmo with the exchange process, some type of change.

Ordered a replacement N7 for my wife over the phone on Thursday. Suppose to arrive in the store on Friday. Well, no Tmo updates, no updates on my Tmo account and of course the replacement did not arrive at the store on Friday.

After calling again it seems shipping missed the cutoff for Thursday, didn't ship til Friday, no weekend deliveries so phone is scheduled to be delivered on Monday. Still no messages from Tmo or updates on my account status. Phone rep did text me the tracking number. Replacement N7 did arrive on Monday. Here is where it gets strange.

Go to the store, they find the replacement N7 and I step outside to wipe the old N7 while the rep finishes the paperwork. Not suppose to have the old N7's powered on in the stores in case they catch on fire! When I come back in the rep tells me they are not suppose to release the replacement for 24 hours, he will give me the phone, but, can I come back tomorrow after 24 hours to sign the paperwork!? Ahhhh!

Good news is my Tmo store is 10 minutes away from my house so tonight my wife and I will go back, sign the paperwork and then have Chipotle for dinner which is next door.

Something is going on with the exchanges........

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, something weird is happening at Tmo with the exchange process, some type of change.

Ordered a replacement N7 for my wife over the phone on Thursday. Suppose to arrive in the store on Friday. Well, no Tmo updates, no updates on my Tmo account and of course the replacement did not arrive at the store on Friday.

After calling again it seems shipping missed the cutoff for Thursday, didn't ship til Friday, no weekend deliveries so phone is scheduled to be delivered on Monday. Still no messages from Tmo or updates on my account status. Phone rep did text me the tracking number. Replacement N7 did arrive on Monday. Here is where it gets strange.

Go to the store, they find the replacement N7 and I step outside to wipe the old N7 while the rep finishes the paperwork. Not suppose to have the old N7's powered on in the stores in case they catch on fire! When I come back in the rep tells me they are not suppose to release the replacement for 24 hours, he will give me the phone, but, can I come back tomorrow after 24 hours to sign the paperwork!? Ahhhh!

Good news is my Tmo store is 10 minutes away from my house so tonight my wife and I will go back, sign the paperwork and then have Chipotle for dinner which is next door.

That's strange because in the t-mobile store I got my replacements at, they were even doing smartswitch for people, in the email I received from tmob they said they wouldn't because of the whole fire hazard, the reps were also talking about how much easier the exchange process has been made for them.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Same thing happened to me, ordered Tuesday, missed the UPS pick up so it shipped Wednesday. I got the UPS tracking number and it arrived Thursday, so I called and asked if it was there and they said yes and that I could go and pick it up. So I get there and the phone hasn't been updated in the system yet so they can't give it to me because they can't assign it to my account. Phone them Friday asking if the update happened overnight and they said not yet. Finally got a call later in the day that all was good and to come in. It took me about 15 minutes to get there after the call since they are right up the road from me and as soon as I walked in the door I got a text from T-Mobile that my phone was ready for pick up. So basically just wait until you get the text, that way you know all the updates are done in the system and they will release it to you.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to me, ordered Tuesday, missed the UPS pick up so it shipped Wednesday. I got the UPS tracking number and it arrived Thursday, so I called and asked if it was there and they said yes and that I could go and pick it up. So I get there and the phone hasn't been updated in the system yet so they can't give it to me because they can't assign it to my account. Phone them Friday asking if the update happened overnight and they said not yet. Finally got a call later in the day that all was good and to come in. It took me about 15 minutes to get there after the call since they are right up the road from me and as soon as I walked in the door I got a text from T-Mobile that my phone was ready for pick up. So basically just wait until you get the text, that way you know all the updates are done in the system and they will release it to you.

With mine they said they couldn't put it in the system until I got there. They looked up my info when I got there, scanned it in, told me it'd be about 15 minutes, and to come back or wait. I was thinking they had to scan it in to my accound specifically and didn't want to do it over the phone b/c they asked for my ID. I went to lunch next door and got the text that it was ready while I was eating. I had a liquid lunch just in case it turned into a hassle once I got back. LOL

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I received a text from t-mobile saying that my N7 exchange order is reaady for pick up at my local store. But the store employee refused to give me the phone. She said a memo form corporate just came out saying to stop doing exchange for people who ordered replacement N7 over the phone like me. What the heck?! Is this true? Anyone else have this problem? I love the Note7, however all this bad battery by samsung, all this phone call to T-mobile, everyone from 611 the 844# and store employee telling me difference things every day. All this is crazy! I'm ready to just return the phone.

I'd call and ask to speak to the store manager and have them explain exactly why they won't release the phone to you. Like you said, that was the whole point of ordering a replacement over the phone to ensure you got one that was reserved in your name. Either the rep you dealt with is confused or something else is going on. Be sure to report back.

Also if you still have your old Note 7 be sure to get a receipt for the exchange. If you have a loaner to turn in be sure to get a receipt for that as well. When I picked up my replacement they said they couldn't do loaner returns and that I needed to call the 844 number and have them email me a return shipping label... I was thinking, eff that, I want a receipt for turning this thing in. This particular store is not a corporate store so I decided to call the 844 number and find out if that was the reason. The 844 rep said I should have been able to return it there and apologized and got the stores info to contact them to let them know that they are to take in loaner returns. I had to run errands later that day and would be going by a corporate store so I did that instead to drop off the loaner. That took about 40 minutes because there doesn't seem to be a clear procedure for them to take back the loaners. I did get a receipt with a quantity showing a -1 which designates a return so if there is some mix up I'll just scan that and send it to them and it's on them as I have proof that I dropped it off. The weird thing was that the rep I was dealing with didn't even open the S7 box to verify the phone was in it.

There is so much confusion with the recall that I strongly recommend getting a receipt for all exchanges/returns just to cover yourself. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people have billing issues over this, not just with T-Mobile either.

Last edited:

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i ordered a silver replacement note 7 from the 844 number on the 21st that still has yet to be shipped. i have a tracking number but the thing has not moved....not sure what is going on.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Some good news on my front today. While at work I got a email that is pasted below saying they have received my device and have requested a refund. Still doesn't show on my card but hopefully within the next few days!

I have a bit of an itch for a Note again though :( Maybe if these don't sell well they will take a big price slash before Christmas and I can trade my Edge or S7 in towards it and my tablet. However if the rumors are true I'm probably going to hold off until the S8 Edge comes out in late Jan possibly as some suggest. I want the latest thing so I will probably go with S8 Edge. Hurry up and get here already!

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Our warehouse has received the equipment. We have requested a refund for the payment made at the time of purchase.

Thank You,
Handset Order Research Department
T-Mobile USA, Inc.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
All done!

Received last night the text message from T-mo that my replacement has arrived at my local store. I have my Sammy account all set up so I backed everything up. The rest that the Sammy app doesn't cover I manually moved to the FREE 265GB sd card.

I wanted so bad to do the Eddie Murphy - Beverly Hills Cops entrance with the phone in a paper bag and act as if it were a bomb.

- I didn't - the poor folks behind the counter have been thru hell

Swap process was easy.

Back home setting up the device to my taste.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
LOL, I predict you will have a Note 7 by year end price slash or not.

Not for $849 and $930 with taxes and fees total. I just bought the S7 edge which was slightly cheaper than the Note 7 I returned. I bought an S7 earlier in the year which I also have still. That is just too much money to spend in less than a year on phones! If I bought a Note in December and the end of Jan watch the S8 Edge come out and have better specs than the Note 7. If Refurbs are sold for cheap I possibly would jump all over it if the prices are good. Apple sells refurb Iphones. Otherwise I will wait and likely purchase the S8 Edge, THEN probably end up getting a Note 8 lol.

However I will NEVER pre order and be an early adopter again. I will wait a few weeks then buy it in store. I'm not going through this ordeal again, worrying about when my order ships and possibly a bad batch of phones like this time.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Sorry some of you are still going through so much crap trying to get your replacements. It's been a mess for sure. If it's any consolation, I think you'll really love your replacement Note 7s once you have them. Battery life has been great on this device and the firmware has been fluid and nearly flawless. It looks, feels, and operates like the top flagship on the market.

Hope you guys get yours soon.

Last edited:

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Something is definitely wrong with TMobile systems supposedly last week before I got my replacement I thought I had a free Note 7 on my hand because it was stated as return in the system but customer care and the store rep told me their systems take a while to do adjustments and eventually I would have had to pay for my original device if I never returned it

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Sorry some of you are still going through so much crap trying to get your replacements. It's been a mess for sure. If it's any consolation, I think you'll really love your replacement Note 7s once you have them. Battery life have been great on this device and the firmware has been fluid and nearly flawless. It looks, feels, and operates like the top flagship on the market.

Hope you guys get yours soon.

Agreed, battery life is way better than my original note 7 and lag free I'm happy and glad I stood with this device instead of going somewhere else

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
However I will NEVER pre order and be an early adopter again. I will wait a few weeks then buy it in store. I'm not going through this ordeal again, worrying about when my order ships and possibly a bad batch of phones like this time.

Usually I wait for reviews and if there are any issues but this time I decided to pre-order for the first time and this happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.