T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Well it gets more bizarre now. Apparently a refund is going through now. HOWEVER it's only for 80 bucks when it should be 800 something! What gives? I swear this is just never ending. There has to be a curse on this device or something.

Pending Deposit-POS TMOBILE*TEL UPGRADE ADJ
$80.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well it gets more bizarre now. Apparently a refund is going through now. HOWEVER it's only for 80 bucks when it should be 800 something! What gives? I swear this is just never ending. There has to be a curse on this device or something.

Pending Deposit-POS TMOBILE*TEL UPGRADE ADJ
$80.

It's the curse of 7.....lol

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Nothing like waking up to an email saying my bill is ready and damn near having a heart attack seeing a bill for over $1000.00. Something tells me I'm going to be really frustrated when I call 611.

This happened to me. They charged me for the note 7 I returned right at the beginning of the recall. I called 611 and they took that charge off immediately. It showed right on my account that the note 7 was returned. Hopefully they won't give you any issues.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
This happened to me. They charged me for the note 7 I returned right at the beginning of the recall. I called 611 and they took that charge off immediately. It showed right on my account that the note 7 was returned. Hopefully they won't give you any issues.

Yeah, luckily I had it taken care of pretty easily. Called the recall number instead of 611 and it was back to normal bill after a couple hours. Glad it wasn't a huge hassle.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Turns out the 80 bucks is a small refund to make sure the card is valid or something and it won't be until Oct 5-11th before I get my full refund!! From 3 weeks to almost a month from returning it before I get a refund!

Never seen anything like this before when trying to get a refund.

If I would have bought it in person I would have likely got it faster.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well ... T-Mobile finally got on the ball for my return. I see the EIP has finally been closed (I returned it on 9/10). Glad that fiasco is finally over with.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Welp. Nobody at Tmobile has any idea where my iPhone 6S is that I MAILED BACK TO TMOBILE with THEIR OWN MAILER immediately after receiving my JOD Note 7. This is just....UGH! How the hell can they just flat out lose a phone?!?! This is so stupid. They better find this phone or heads are gonna roll...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Welp. Nobody at Tmobile has any idea where my iPhone 6S is that I MAILED BACK TO TMOBILE with THEIR OWN MAILER immediately after receiving my JOD Note 7. This is just....UGH! How the hell can they just flat out lose a phone?!?! This is so stupid. They better find this phone or heads are gonna roll...
Didn't their mailer have a tracking number on it

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

That happened to me once. I returned an iphone to them and it was lost at their warehouse. I had proof that ups delivered it to them. But they couldn't find it. Took over a month and many tickets to finally get a manager to find it and refund my money. Good luck

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
How u like coral? I like it but it's very hard to find a case that matches
I love it, I can't remember who told me it looks rose-goldish around the edges but they were right. I actually have a rose-gold case and the two go nicely together 😊 but I'm a girly girl so I like that kind of thing. I'm really glad we got to change colors.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
They all suck for the note. Haven't found one that works. I did see a video on YouTube of a glass protector that didn't cover the curve portion. That looks like the only option but looks really annoying. Feel like I've wasted $100 on trying different ones that don't work.
I've wasted $0 on about 6 that don't work, got 3 more yesterday haven't had a chance to test them out yet. At least these ones came with additional protectors in case on breaks or something.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Yep... this happened to me the first time I did a JUMP... I sent back my Nexus 5 in the envelope they provided. It didn't have any sort of tracking information at all on the thing. I watched and waited and called TMobile a few times to ask if they received it. Nope... nadda... never arrived. They ended up taking it off my account anyhow, so I never got dinged for any additional charges.

The phones go back to Assurion (sp?) for processing... the fact that it happens so often makes me think that they have a problem with employee theft... without tracking or delivery confirmation, there's nothing there to show the shipping history. So anyone can just lift it and no one is the wiser.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I turned in my original N7 and got my replacement on Thursday. It went kinda smooth. It took just a shade over an hour for the whole thing. The longest part was trying to return the loaner phone so I don't get charged for it. Then the lady asked if I had the box for the loaner S7 and I said no (which was in my car along with the N7 box) and she said ok. I took the s-pen out and kinda forgot the sim tray when I took out the SD card, either case they never looked for them. Now I have two of everything and the box and accessories from the S7 edge loaner. They only care about the phones. So far the battery is on par with the original if not a bit better. I'm happy.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I turned in my original N7 and got my replacement on Thursday. It went kinda smooth. It took just a shade over an hour for the whole thing. The longest part was trying to return the loaner phone so I don't get charged for it. Then the lady asked if I had the box for the loaner S7 and I said no (which was in my car along with the N7 box) and she said ok. I took the s-pen out and kinda forgot the sim tray when I took out the SD card, either case they never looked for them. Now I have two of everything and the box and accessories from the S7 edge loaner. They only care about the phones. So far the battery is on par with the original if not a bit better. I'm happy.
I'm kinda mad at myself for not taking the opportunity to get the S7 as a loaner mainly for cashing in on the extra gift but an extra charger would've been awesome too. Oh, well. 😞

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Yep... this happened to me the first time I did a JUMP... I sent back my Nexus 5 in the envelope they provided. It didn't have any sort of tracking information at all on the thing. I watched and waited and called TMobile a few times to ask if they received it. Nope... nadda... never arrived. They ended up taking it off my account anyhow, so I never got dinged for any additional charges.

The phones go back to Assurion (sp?) for processing... the fact that it happens so often makes me think that they have a problem with employee theft... without tracking or delivery confirmation, there's nothing there to show the shipping history. So anyone can just lift it and no one is the wiser.
I still need to send back my Note 5 thru Assurance and I'm nervous about it too. Why they don't put tracking numbers on their pre-paid labels is beyond me, it's like they almost hope they get lost so they can charge you for it because I can't imagine why else you'd ship a $500+ phone and not track it. 🤔

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I returned my s7edge via using that Strange label, and after 6 weeks, t-mobile is still changing me for that phone! I have contacted t-mobile and they told me to pay my bill but deduct that charge from my bill.
I would take your note 5 to you carrier and express your concerns with shipping your phone back!. I was told through t-mobile to ship by phone through your local post office.... I returned my phone through the US POST OFFICE but the po offered NO Recipe, because there was no transaction!

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The way tmobile does us by making us ship back devices without tracking is plain ole wrong...any USPS person can steal our devices without any concern...we can't track them which is very concerning and shocking

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I returned my s7edge via using that Strange label, and after 6 weeks, t-mobile is still changing me for that phone! I have contacted t-mobile and they told me to pay my bill but deduct that charge from my bill.
I would take your note 5 to you carrier and express your concerns with shipping your phone back!. I was told through t-mobile to ship by phone through your local post office.... I returned my phone through the US POST OFFICE but the po offered NO Recipe, because there was no transaction!
My carrier is T-mobile as well so as soon as I ship it back if they don't remove it from my account within 7 days I'm raising hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo