T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried to return my replacement today, but T-Mobile is so screwed up on their billing that there is a discrepancy on how much I am supposed to get back. Also, they had NO phones in stock to replace with. So I kept the note and went to the apple store. 3 hours with an IPhone and it is already back in the box. There is no functionality with all the apps I really need. The note 5 is just ridiculously overpriced for an old model. So, I ordered the cheap J7 to live with the next few months until something better comes along. (Yeah, Id rather have a J7 over the Iphone)
So much for treating myself to a really nice phone. The Note was a present to myself for getting a big raise at work and it's just turned into a nightmare experience. I will NEVER pre-order again.

I think i am going to wait a week or 2 before I return my Note 7 so T-mobile can get their act together this time around.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I wonder how much time we will have to exchange these before an update comes down to either cripple charging or the phone all together? Oculus has sent their update and no more VR, which I absolutely agree with.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My husband was listening to a news radio station this morning and twice in a half hour. They mentioned about the Note 7 and urging everyone to power it down and turn it it in

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My husband was listening to a news radio station this morning and twice in a half hour. They mentioned about the Note 7 and urging everyone to power it down and turn it it in
The power down thing is bull crap.....until I can at least preorder my next device after exchanging the note 7 in a tmobile store which takes forever ....my note 7 will still get some use.....

Devil13n

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Was told I'd be able to swap out my N7 for a V10, then get the V20 when it's released. I do have the original Jump, so theoretically, if they just give me my Jump status that I used on the N7 back to me, it should work.

However, my expectations are low on this actually working that easily.

I'll find out tonight!

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Since I have a Galaxy S7 active to cover my android fix I went ahead and got an iPhone 7 for day-to-day use. It's actually a very solid device that hasn't given me any issues and is fast as lightning. That being said it is boring.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
WTH......well that stinks. I went into T-Mobile today and told them I was going to want a LG V20 as my replacement device. I told them that I cannot afford to pay anotehr $500 down and wait for that phone to come and then turn in my N7, as well I cannot go without a phone for days on end. The response? Basically 'Tough Cookies'. So that sucks.....wondering what other people are being told.....I am debating on calling up TMO on the day of release and telling them to send me one and I will turn in my N7 when I get it (much like when I got my temp S7 Edge while my replacement Note 7 came)...thoughts?

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
So who's all looking forward to going through the return process with T-Mo again?!?! Wooooooooooo. Sigh....

I really have no idea what phone I want to get. Anything is going to be a downgrade from the N7.

S7E is most similar and would be the easiest to transfer to. But, don't think I like it quite enough for $30 a month. Plus I'm annoyed with Samsung at the moment.
LGV20 looks good. But my last phone was the LG G4 and I had to get a replacement phone for that one due to the bootloop issue. So I'm a bit hesitant to return to LG right now.
Pixel phones look interesting, but I don't think I want to get rid of my Jump plan to get one.
And then there's the iPhone. I don't hate iPhones and am tempted to give it a shot, but man I just like all the features available on Android and am worried I'd miss those.

So yeah, really don't know which phone to go to. Such a first world problem, but the Note 7 was so good. Thanks Samsung for your terrible QA process!

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
In that case there really isn't much they can do. They are basically offering the same deal as they did with the initial recall minus the loaner, get a full refund or exchange it for another phone. This is a huge inconvenience to the customers but it is also an big inconvenience for carriers as well. Honestly, I think I'm just going to get an S7 Edge and be done with the Note until the next one comes out but wait a month or two to make sure all is good. I would go back to the Note 5 but now I have these SD cards and I don't use the S pen that much, plus the screen size difference is so minor that unless you have them side by side it's hard to tell and the S7 Edge is more recent tech wise.

kappaman99

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
i bought my phone directly from Samsung.com. They are horrible, have not been able to get a straight answer from anyone there. Transferred 4 times. Had to deal with this on the first recall, now again. Anyone have any advice for us poor folks who ordered from Samsung directly?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I returned the replacement note 7 yesterday and swapped for an s7 edge. No money it was a wash-ended up getting a dime back lol. Fast forward to today: I realized I need my Note fix. Went to another local store, swapped the s7 edge out for note 5 and got about $50 back which helps with this unfunded process. Note 5 is black, black case. I'm happy now . Not happy with all this returning exchanging but it is what it is

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
For me the issue is they are forcing us into a phone we are not really to excited about. 6 month old 7edge for around same price? Then the holidays are coming around, you know they are gonna be having BOGO possibly or heavy discount or incentives to pick up a new phones? If they can give us a loaner s7 edge and then let me pick up an s8 when they come out, then I would be happy, but this is not really fair. IMHO

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I returned the replacement note 7 yesterday and swapped for an s7 edge. No money it was a wash-ended up getting a dime back lol. Fast forward to today: I realized I need my Note fix. Went to another local store, swapped the s7 edge out for note 5 and got about $50 back which helps with this unfunded process. Note 5 is black, black case. I'm happy now . Not happy with all this returning exchanging but it is what it is
I think you should have gotten at least your down payment back and perhaps any payments you've made for your Note 7.... Assuming you actually paid a down payment

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I think you should have gotten at least your down payment back and perhaps any payments you've made for your Note 7.... Assuming you actually paid a down payment
I didn't physically pay it. When I exchanged for the S7Edge it took care of the down payment for the s7 edge. Edge required 69 down same as note 7. Note 5 today 0 down

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The down payment was my question too. If we downgraded from the Note7 to the S7E, would we have to e pay the $69 down payment to downgrade? Doesn't seem right. The Note7 was more expensive, and I didn't have to put anything down for it.
I asked TForce on Twitter, and the person told me they didn't see a down payment on the S7E for JOD customers. I know that's wrong.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The down payment was my question too. If we downgraded from the Note7 to the S7E, would we have to e pay the $69 down payment to downgrade? Doesn't seem right. The Note7 was more expensive, and I didn't have to put anything down for it.
I asked TForce on Twitter, and the person told me they didn't see a down payment on the S7E for JOD customers. I know that's wrong.
My edge wasn't on JOD. When I brought it in today and exchanged for the Note 5, since the Note 5 had 0 down and edge showed 69 down, with some other factors in there I wound up with getting $50 back in cash which I was happy with. I'm glad it's done. Now to see how long it'll take to get a correct bill lol

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My edge wasn't on JOD. When I brought it in today and exchanged for the Note 5, since the Note 5 had 0 down and edge showed 69 down, with some other factors in there I wound up with getting $50 back in cash which I was happy with. I'm glad it's done. Now to see how long it'll take to get a correct bill lol
Good luck! My bill is still screwed up from the first recall lol

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Mine still shows a - $735. I've made a couple small payments even with that on there, because the previous month I didn't and it was worse.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
If returning your Note 7 do this

Just came back from returning my 3rd and final Note 7. I asked the TMO rep if he was going to charge me restocking fee. and he said "Yes". Luckily I printed out the recall info from TMO Twitter page. It states the TMO will waive restocking fee. The full amount is already showing on my account. Just goes to show that not everyone is on the same page. Good Luck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech