10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Well I'm sure some people lost some accessories or chargers already. They can't deny to replace your recalled phone over probably 5 dollars headphones......I might "Forget " to pack some things up aswell lol
    Nice! Looks like I can't find all the accessories it came with. Jk. They'll get the charger back for sure
    09-04-2016 12:29 PM
    So far my phone isn't getting hot or anything and appears to be charging well. However, just in the past couple of days, two odd things have happened. First, it will lose charge a LOT faster all of a sudden... example, yesterday afternoon around 3 pm it was around 85% full. By dinnertime it had lost 40% of its charge and I hadn't even used it. Overnight, it lost 35% of its charge, when in the past, it was losing 3-5% total overnight. The "Device Maintenance" area didn't show anything unusual.

The second thing is that lag is becoming a bigger problem. Rather than occasionally happening, it's almost constant now. I'll tap on an app to open it and it'll be a couple of seconds before anything happens.

Makes me wonder if the battery is having issues providing enough current for the CPU to keep up... just a guess though.
    I returned mine yesterday. It had not given me any problems either...until the last few days....and I'm actually wondering if it was all in my mind. Texting (textra app) seemed to become jerky and scrolling certain times seemed jittery. Again, it may have been some kind of placebo effect. I really liked the phone, I may get another one when the replacements become available.
    09-04-2016 12:30 PM
    I work for Sam's. Sorry you had to actually get a regional manager involved because we are told to never ask for the cards back. It's not the consumer's fault for the recall. The only thing you need to know is that when, and if, you get a new Note 7 if you go to a Sam's Club to purchase it on the Next Plan you will NOT, and I repeat, NOT be eligible for another gift card. It will not print the coupon for the associate to add the card for the line you returned. However, you could borrow an upgrade from a different line and get another gift card.

Kevin
    Honestly, I would not expect to get the $150 for the note again (the promo ended anyway). A lady there yesterday returned her N7 and decided to go with the S7E and asked if she got the promo that is still current on that model and they told her yes. Made me think about the S7E...
    09-04-2016 12:36 PM
    I just finished returning mine . it was pain less to return and painful to let go. He wanted me to take the s7 but I refused. Lol
    09-04-2016 01:12 PM
    I'm really confused. I called the AT&T store where I purchased my Note 7. I spoke to the manager. He told me that I can return my Note 7 and get another phone. If I got another Samsung, I'd get a $25 credit, yada, yada, yada. However, when I asked about getting a Note 7 when the new ones come in in exchange for the recalled one, he said that I had to do that through Samsung because it is still under warranty. When I explained that I read differently and that AT&T said that we could get a phone and then get a Note 7 when they are available, he said that he hadn't gotten anything official like that. I said that it's all over the web and this guy tells me "oh, you read a lot of stuff on the web from third party sources." So after arguing with him for awhile, I called AT&T ...well the guy I spoke to was not sure and decided to check with his supervisor. After he spoke to his supervisor, he proceeded to read AT&T's statement to me. It was vague, at best. He also said that he didn't understand why the manager at the store told me what he did. I've decided to wait a few days to see how this shakes out. Needless to say, I'm starting to get frustrated with this mess. I don't want a different phone. I want a Note 7. In my opinion, I should be able to exchange my current Note 7 for a new one when they are available from AT&T ...no matter how long it takes before they receive them!
    09-04-2016 01:31 PM
    I'm really confused. I called the AT&T store where I purchased my Note 7. I spoke to the manager. He told me that I can return my Note 7 and get another phone. If I got another Samsung, I'd get a $25 credit, yada, yada, yada. However, when I asked about getting a Note 7 when the new ones come in in exchange for the recalled one, he said that I had to do that through Samsung because it is still under warranty. When I explained that I read differently and that AT&T said that we could get a phone and then get a Note 7 when they are available, he said that he hadn't gotten anything official like that. I said that it's all over the web and this guy tells me "oh, you read a lot of stuff on the web from third party sources." So after arguing with him for awhile, I called AT&T ...well the guy I spoke to was not sure and decided to check with his supervisor. After he spoke to his supervisor, he proceeded to read AT&T's statement to me. It was vague, at best. He also said that he didn't understand why the manager at the store told me what he did. I've decided to wait a few days to see how this shakes out. Needless to say, I'm starting to get frustrated with this mess. I don't want a different phone. I want a Note 7. In my opinion, I should be able to exchange my current Note 7 for a new one when they are available from AT&T ...no matter how long it takes before they receive them!
    That's another reason why I dont want a temp phone...i dont wanna haggle with uninformed store personnel...I rather just call AT&T directly when they have them and ship it straight to me
    09-04-2016 01:34 PM
    That's another reason why I dont want a temp phone...i dont wanna haggle with uninformed store personnel...I rather just call AT&T directly when they have them and ship it straight to me
    I agree. I've been with AT&T since they were Cingular and I see no reason at all why I cannot deal directly with AT&T. I also do not want a temp phone.
    nonie likes this.
    09-04-2016 01:39 PM
    Anyone know it ATT is checking for all the accessories that the note 7 came with? I'd like to keep the headphones lol
    All I returned was the phone itself. Since it needed a box, my rep used the s7 edge box which I had exchanged it for.
    duke1231 likes this.
    09-04-2016 01:43 PM
    I agree. I've been with AT&T since they were Cingular and I see no reason at all why I cannot deal directly with AT&T. I also do not want a temp phone.
    I guess I got lucky and went to the right person at the right att. He explained everything about the process. I could get a loaner or I could just return the 7 and wait til the new ones come in. He refunded my taxes I paid and reset my upgrade.
    oditius likes this.
    09-04-2016 01:43 PM
    Completely agree I don't want to keep swapping phones I want to exchange this one with a new one comes out don't want to deal with this temporary phone crap and be stuck with a phone I didn't even want if heaven forbid it somehow got damaged in the meantime
    09-04-2016 02:52 PM
    Just talked to a At&t corporate Store.
    All they know is they are suppose to take them in.
    Don't know when they are gonna get anymore.
    They asked me if I wanted to bring mine in.
    I said I'm 50 miles from a Store.
    And no I didn't want to bring them in.
    Asked if they knew if I was gonna get the same color.
    They said you will probably get the phone that they have in Stock
    Said no I can keep what I have till you get what I want.
    They said are do you want to wrist being burned.
    Said I will take the chance.
    My phone at the time is working fine.
    And its under warranty.

I'm sure as time goes on we will learn a lot more.
    I can wait.
    09-04-2016 02:59 PM
    All I returned was the phone itself. Since it needed a box, my rep used the s7 edge box which I had exchanged it for.
    Are you using the S7E as a loaner or are you making the switch? I'm thinking of going to edge route, seems to have good reviews. The S pen is cool but I don't really need it. I know its only 32 gb vs 64 but I have sd card.
    What are your early impressions of the S7E? Thanks in advance!
    09-04-2016 03:23 PM
    More info..looks like we're getting our phones shipped next week
    09-04-2016 03:25 PM
    S7 Edge is a great phone. I have one that I used and gave to my wife.

But its still not a Note.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-04-2016 03:25 PM
    Also when you get this "loaner " phone you still have to pay the tax out of pocket if on the next plan. Im getting anxious for updates but I figured I'll just keep using this one till I cam swap out for a new one in person
    09-04-2016 03:36 PM
    I spoke with the AT&T store and they have me on a list to come in and just swap. Going for the blue this time.
    nonie likes this.
    09-04-2016 04:35 PM
    Went to ATT store today to return my N7. I got my money back and the guy was trying to talk me into a S7 but I refused I just reactivated my LG G3. I asked when new Notes 7 were coming in or if there was a list I could be put on to alert me when new phones came in and he told me no. That it could take from next week to 2 months from now lol.. He was like just keep checking the internet and keep calling in. Oh well. I rather wait than have a malfunction on the N7
    justin1578 likes this.
    09-04-2016 04:51 PM
    Are you using the S7E as a loaner or are you making the switch? I'm thinking of going to edge route, seems to have good reviews. The S pen is cool but I don't really need it. I know its only 32 gb vs 64 but I have sd card.
    What are your early impressions of the S7E? Thanks in advance!
    All in all its not a heck of a lot different than the note 7. The settings menu is broken up whereas I liked the setup on the note 7 better. Honestly I may stick with this phone, but haven't decided for sure at this point.
    ecfritts likes this.
    09-04-2016 05:41 PM
    I returned my note 7 today through the AT&T store where I purchased the phone.. I decided to get the galaxy edge 7 as the loaner phone.. for the most part the exchange was painless.. however... the sales rep new nothing of how the process would be when the new note 7s are in. I repeatedly told them I would like the new note 7 when they arrive. I was not added to any list or anything like that. AND.. I had to get an s7 edge case with my own money. Since it's would be frowned upon to try to return a scratched loaner phone. I kinda think they should have took care of the case as well
    Hope the new notes come in soon. The S7 edge is nice.. but it's NOT my Note 7.
    09-04-2016 05:46 PM
    I returned my note 7 today through the AT&T store where I purchased the phone.. I decided to get the galaxy edge 7 as the loaner phone.. for the most part the exchange was painless.. however... the sales rep new nothing of how the process would be when the new note 7s are in. I repeatedly told them I would like the new note 7 when they arrive. I was not added to any list or anything like that. AND.. I had to get an s7 edge case with my own money. Since it's would be frowned upon to try to return a scratched loaner phone. I kinda think they should have took care of the case as well
    Hope the new notes come in soon. The S7 edge is nice.. but it's NOT my Note 7.
    Youll get an email/text informing you when the new batches come in.
    NopeNotMe likes this.
    09-04-2016 05:51 PM
    Hi I have a question for you guys who have the Note 7 on AT&T. Does the note 7 have wifi calling? If so can you call/text anyone ? I was looking at the s7 active and AT&T told me it has wifi calling but only to other Samsung phones. Which won't work for me since I have friends with iPhones and other android phones.
    So can you call text anyone with wifi calling on the AT&T note 7 not just other Samsung phones. ??
    All of the 7 line have Wi-Fi calling. You cN use it to call any number, not just other Samung phones.
    09-04-2016 06:12 PM
    So ATT/Samsung expects you to get a loaner phone without a case and for the device to come back undamage????? unbelievable!!!
    kayjbee likes this.
    09-04-2016 06:12 PM
    I already swapped my N7 for an Active and I did add a tempered glass protector at a discounted rate. I will definetly check the threads about S7 Actives issues mainly because I'm considering it as a permanent replacement. This battery life is amazing and I don't have to be careful what surface I put it on.

I'm not so sure the doom and gloom predictions about getting stuck with your loaner but I will defintely be finding out. I have the luxury of returning this device and just using my work phone.

Also, you darn tootin' Samsung better send my 256GB memory card.
    09-04-2016 06:21 PM
    So ATT/Samsung expects you to get a loaner phone without a case and for the device to come back undamage????? unbelievable!!!
    Yep that's what they expect. The att rep made sure to tell me this. He also made sure to say that this was a Samsung problem and not an att problem. So basically any out of pocket expenses you incur are not an att problem.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-04-2016 06:26 PM
    Yeah, kinda like when you rent a car or anything else.
    09-04-2016 07:01 PM
970 ... 1112131415 ...