10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    I already swapped my N7 for an Active and I did add a tempered glass protector at a discounted rate. I will definetly check the threads about S7 Actives issues mainly because I'm considering it as a permanent replacement. This battery life is amazing and I don't have to be careful what surface I put it on.

I'm not so sure the doom and gloom predictions about getting stuck with your loaner but I will defintely be finding out. I have the luxury of returning this device and just using my work phone.

Also, you darn tootin' Samsung better send my 256GB memory card.
    Put your Active in a bowl of water for 5 minutes. If the camera clouds or the home button starts acting up youve got a bum phone and At&t will send you a new one. After that watch out for the screen to mysteriously shatter near the home button. I have a feeling its heat being trapped under the polymer screen protector but so far nobody knows for sure.

Only do the water if you plan on keeping the phone because there is a HUGE chance it will fail.
    09-04-2016 07:04 PM
    Put your Active in a bowl of water for 5 minutes. If the camera clouds or the home button starts acting up youve got a bum phone and At&t will send you a new one. After that watch out for the screen to mysteriously shatter near the home button. I have a feeling its heat being trapped under the polymer screen protector but so far nobody knows for sure.

Only do the water if you plan on keeping the phone because there is a HUGE chance it will fail.

Uhh, no?

It appears my Active was made before Samsung made improvements, I prefer to not take any chances. Now I'm trying to figure out what case to get for a Note 7, and get my 64GB back.
    09-04-2016 07:19 PM
    Uhh, no?

It appears my Active was made before Samsung made improvements, I prefer to not take any chances. Now I'm trying to figure out what case to get for a Note 7, and get my 64GB back.
    Lol awww come on have a lil faith lol. The active was a disaster imo. But seriously what I told you to do is exactly what At&t has instructed us Active owners to do to verify the device functions properly. Kinda crazy when a company tells you to destroy a phone because they arent sure it was built right.

Check out the supcase unicorn beetle pro. Awesome slim and protective case.
    09-04-2016 07:21 PM
    Uhh, no?

Yeah I would take that back, you don't want any accidental damage.

It is ridiculous that AT&T is still selling those and hasn't pulled them and shipped them back to Samsung.
    09-04-2016 07:26 PM
    Here is the official announcement from AT&T on the recall process of the Note 7. If any store reps give you any issues direct them to this page. I think out of all the 4 major carriers AT&T is handling it the best and Verizon is handling it the worst.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article...tner=LinkShare
    09-04-2016 07:59 PM
    So ATT/Samsung expects you to get a loaner phone without a case and for the device to come back undamage????? unbelievable!!!
    I hope you're not serious
    09-04-2016 07:59 PM
    I hope you're not serious
    Yeah I hope he is too. He can't have a phone for a couple of weeks without damaging it? lol He is lucky AT&T is even giving him a loaner phone because they don't have to do that. Does he expect a screen protector too? lol
    Ludatyk and Jona005 like this.
    09-04-2016 08:50 PM
    Doesn't AT&T have a return policy on purchased accessories if they are returned within a certain time period?

I returned my note 7 today through the AT&T store where I purchased the phone.. I decided to get the galaxy edge 7 as the loaner phone.. for the most part the exchange was painless.. however... the sales rep new nothing of how the process would be when the new note 7s are in. I repeatedly told them I would like the new note 7 when they arrive. I was not added to any list or anything like that. AND.. I had to get an s7 edge case with my own money. Since it's would be frowned upon to try to return a scratched loaner phone. I kinda think they should have took care of the case as well
    Hope the new notes come in soon. The S7 edge is nice.. but it's NOT my Note 7.
    09-04-2016 11:51 PM
    Doesn't AT&T have a return policy on purchased accessories if they are returned within a certain time period?
    Yes you have 14 days to return accessories. Personally I wouldn't of purchase a case and just of been extremely careful with the device. If I did purchase a case I would of bought the cheapest one they sell just in case the new Notes aren't in 14 days after I bought the case. They aren't required to give you a loaner phone and definitely shouldn't have to give you a case with it also. It's really not hard to keep your phone in perfect condition for a few weeks. On top of that they are already giving you a $25 bill credit.
    09-05-2016 01:05 AM
    For all interested, costco has a bunch of question/answers. Seems they provided the most detail. I bought it from costco and I am waiting for the new units to exchange.

http://membershipwireless.com/assets...ote7recall.pdf
    09-05-2016 08:28 AM
    Okay, so I got my IPhone 6s Plus on the 2nd, and have until the 16th to return it. Really want my Note 7 device. I hope they send out new ones this week or next week.
    09-05-2016 10:29 AM
    Sounds like carriers are exchanging their respective member phones even if you bought at another retailer, right?
    09-05-2016 10:46 AM
    Sounds like carriers are exchanging their respective member phones even if you bought at another retailer, right?
    Right.
    Thehomez likes this.
    09-05-2016 10:54 AM
    For all interested, costco has a bunch of question/answers. Seems they provided the most detail. I bought it from costco and I am waiting for the new units to exchange.

http://membershipwireless.com/assets...ote7recall.pdf
    It mentions that Samsung will give defective device owners priority on the new devices once they are available for sale. How do we get on the waiting list, especially if we hold on to our phones until the new ones are available?
    09-05-2016 11:32 AM
    Youll get an email/text informing you when the new batches come in.
    And you know this exactly how? Not saying you're wrong, but until I see it written in an AT&T official statement somewhere I just can't believe it.
    09-05-2016 11:34 AM
    I called a At&t corporate Store.
    They said they didn't have a waiting list to get on.
    They don't even know when the phones will come in.
    Guess they are waiting on corporate to let them know.
    oditius likes this.
    09-05-2016 11:35 AM
    I don't want a different phone. I want a Note 7. In my opinion, I should be able to exchange my current Note 7 for a new one when they are available from AT&T ...no matter how long it takes before they receive them!
    Ditto!
    09-05-2016 11:35 AM
    And you know this exactly how? Not saying you're wrong, but until I see it written in an AT&T official statement somewhere I just can't believe it.
    Saturday I was told by our business rep after he receievd word from his supervisor. This was later confirmed by calling At&t direct. This is just the information Ive been given by 2 sources so Im hoping it is correct.
    dvarapala and Jona005 like this.
    09-05-2016 11:36 AM
    I don't want a different phone. I want a Note 7. In my opinion, I should be able to exchange my current Note 7 for a new one when they are available from AT&T ...no matter how long it takes before they receive them!
    That's another reason why I dont want a temp phone...i dont wanna haggle with uninformed store personnel...I rather just call AT&T directly when they have them and ship it straight to me
    My AT&T Store Rep told me I could do either - swap for an S7 Edge then swap for the Note 7 when they arrive or just hang on to my Note 7 and just keep an eye on it when I charge it, until the new ones arrive. I'm doing the latter... no sense changing all my data over to another phone twice in two or three weeks!
    09-05-2016 11:41 AM
    For what its worth, you can pick up an S7 Edge Body Glove case for $5-10 from Walmart. Thats what I did until the Note7's are available again.
    09-05-2016 11:54 AM
    I went to the local AT&T store on Sunday. They told me that since I had purchased my Note 7 outright from AT&T then they could not give me an interim phone. Any phone I got would be like a regular purchase with 30 days to exchange or return it.

I kept the Note 7 for now and just got a microsim card so I can use my LG G4 until Replacement Note 7s are available. I will try to exchange it for a good one then.
    09-05-2016 12:00 PM
    That's wired that I never got the text from ATT...
    I have not gotten a text either.
    09-05-2016 12:54 PM
    So I've been away from this thread for a few days. My weekend was filled up all the days, and I didn't get a chance to go to the AT&t store. I just skimmed through the last few pages, so a similar situation to mine may have been covered. I went to my local At&t store after looking up my account, the young lady helping said it would be better to ship my phone back with the return label provided, since I bought it online.

I paid for my phone outright and am past my 14 day return window. The rep told me I can return it for a full refund, and just wait for the New Note's to come out. I really like this phone a lot, other than the stutter/lag experience. I'll just sit back and wait to see what the Iphone 7+ is like but I think I will still want a Note 7. This is usually the version of Iphone I go for, a step up in version number; and I never get the S models. I wasn't going to get one this year but this situation has left an opening.
    09-05-2016 02:01 PM
    don't worry - you'll be able to exchange for a new Note 7 - this is from the updated ATT press release: "Customers will be also able to exchange that interim device for a new Note 7 in the future. That process will be shared as soon as it is available." Meaning you could also get an interim device and then exchange for a new Note 7.
    I returned my note 7 that I originally bought from Best Buy to the AT&T store and got the Galaxy s7 edge as an interim device. They said I can return my S7 edge once new note 7 is available.
    09-05-2016 02:10 PM
    My AT&T Store Rep told me I could do either - swap for an S7 Edge then swap for the Note 7 when they arrive or just hang on to my Note 7 and just keep an eye on it when I charge it, until the new ones arrive. I'm doing the latter... no sense changing all my data over to another phone twice in two or three weeks!
    Agreed. I went to my AT&T store today, mainly to show the manager that I spoke to yesterday that he had given me incorrect information. Turns out that I can trade my current Note 7 for a new one when they are available. That is what I'm going to do. Oh, by the way, I was told that there is no way for them to let me know when they are available. There is no contact waiting list at this particular store.
    oditius, jimd1050, kayjbee and 1 others like this.
    09-05-2016 02:18 PM
970 ... 1213141516 ...